3D animation

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]950x534_11704_Death_The_Kid_3d_anime_character_picture_image_digital_art.jpg.c2141819608717f29538859c11c6fd52.jpg

[/FLOAT_RIGHT]

[FLOAT_RIGHT]Death_the_Kid_and_his_motto.png.a1168409904e0bb2663c925fef97cb4f.png [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

This

As opposed to this

What do you think of 3D animation and 3D anime series ,such as RWBY .

I find them difficult to watch because of the animation , I might just be too used to the normal animation but I still think that anime should stay the way it is , at least for now the jump to 3D should come ,but not just yet.

For the moment being I think 3D should be mixed in with normal animation to create an enhanced experience , like using it during battle scenes .If done subtly and with skill it could shoot anime up to a whole new level.

What is your opinion on 3D anime ?

• Like 1

I am personally a fan of 2D animation. Anime in general is to get you away from the real world, not to try to replicate it. There are many shows, especially older shows that would be completely ruined if they went 3D, as the overall effect would be lost. However, shows like Code Geass and other shows that feature action could definitely benefit from having 3D battle scenes. The main problem with 3D animation right now is that it just isn't there yet. It's like trying out a program that's only in Alpha and comparing it to a competitor that has had their completed product out for much, much longer. The main show that has combined 3D animation battle scenes and 2D animation is Kantai Collection. It kidna turned me off at first, and while I still haven't completely accepted it, it isn't a make or break deal.

In a general sense, I prefer 2D animation. Not big on 3D or CG all that much, and ironically, I watch the 2k12 Nickelodeon Turtles show. lol I like the story and characters....not all that impressed with the fact it's CG, though.

I agree that 2D is home for anime and a change would upset many fans but I still think it might happen in the future .

I really liked the use of 3D in Kantai collection , it was done well , could have been a little better but it was done very well none the less.

I think that in the near future we might see more 2D series with 3D used to help pump up the action scenes but that's just a guess :P

I remember seeing a Japanese software developer turning 2D animation into psuedo 3D using hybrids.

So you could one day get your 2D anime characters looking 3D with a VR headset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SMDLnC-cMU

Not full blown 3D as per your screenshot comparison but still fascinating stuff.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-03/live-2d-euclid-animation-software-brings-2d-characters-to-3d-environments/.82858

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

this is a worthy discussion

especially with advancements made , being made and expected to be made in virtual reality setups

as I RWBY it is an anime this I think id like to watch and did start but yes as others have put it the 3D was off putting , but I will (ever so) slowly chip a away at it if I don't forget about it and just keep finding other great stuff to watch

and I do like the , and have a high appreciation for what goes in to making it , the 2D anime and the way a human can put a human touch and movement in to it

but I do feel that as everything else improves 3D anime will improve and evolve as well so only the future will tell

• Geano locked this topic