Ultimate Otaku Teacher (Denpa Kyoushi)

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]21018-CTwGjayICk6e.jpg.d7c181a336ceabf89973d91b6bc343b7.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

An anime adaptation of the manga which centers around Junichirou, a young man obssesed with manga, anime and games. He was a young genius who published papers in the journals Nature and Science when he was only 17. However, after graduating college, he became a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) absorbed in his anime blog. Unable to watch Kagami throw away his life, his sister Suzune gets him to work at the Ichou Academy she attends. The head of the school's board, Koyomi Hiiragi, assigns Kagami to his new life as a teacher.

This is one of the few anime that have been announced after I have read the manga. The manga started out pretty good, but went downhill rather fast as they ditched the comedy. Hopefully, the anime makes up for that, and only focuses on the first few arcs. Anyway, I'm pretty excited to see how this anime plays out.

Pretty good first episode. It adapted the manga pretty well, but I'm not sure I particularly like the voices they chose for Kagami and his sister. Either way though, I really hope this will turn out to be a two cour anime, as there is easily enough material for it.

[spoiler=Episode 2]A fairly well adapted episode, although much better paced in the manga. I've gotten used to the voices now as well. Also, the new girl that appeared at the end, Options (the name Kagami gives her), is a really bland character, and I really hope the anime just kinda skips most of the parts with her. :P

[spoiler=Episode 3]Alright, I guess. The whole chance was much more amusing in the manga, and the anime just feels rushed. The main branch arc might actually be better animated as they really stretched that out too long in the manga.

[spoiler=Episode 3]

I liked seeing the chase for Kagami and how he managed to get past most of it without even knowing it was happening and then when he actually did something he completely defeated them , and quickly.

I laughed when his sister found him so easily and he was literally bagged and I laughed even harder at the respect the maids scene , that was hilarious.

[spoiler=Episode 4]Really good episode. They adapted this one quite well. At the rate that they are going, they are either going to need to do a two cour anime or create an original ending. I'm actually hoping for the latter, as the series really drags on in the later chapters. Also, I forgot how unusual Kagami's naming choices were as that also doesn't really happen in later chapters. :P

• 3 months later...

The first part of the season was really good into developing who he is and how he works. Also gives us an insight on the people around hima dn the type of society he is in. Now the second part, i think, gives us more of a background character development of Kagami. It'll be interesting how they end the season. And I also have to pick up the manga when i have time

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic