Guilty Crown

Optic

Discussion thread for Guilty Crown.

I watched this when it came out on Blu-ray on the English dub by FUNimation.

It being by Production I.G it is visually gorgeous and packed with lots of action.. but I found Shu to be a slightly annoying character.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this title?

guilty-crown1.thumb.jpg.044eb3af76a08977a84bcd5f4065e1e2.jpg

Edited by Guest

I got G.C from a friend at random (Lucky for Me :P).

I thought the visual was great and the story was amazing , the only thing I could complain about is , as @Optic said Shu being quite annoying and cliche.

I really enjoyed Ayase as she was a strong character who I felt was developed well.

And it was my pleasure to help out :P

You know, I could never figure out why people gang up on Shu. If anything, I thought he was a really good character, especially during the second arc. Maybe Shu annoyed you because it was the dub? The sub was amazing, and I can't even think of a way that the dub would be anywhere near as good.

@Yuuki: So, I guess I can kinda understand that you think Shu is annoying, but I really wouldn't call him chiche at all. The anime clearly drove him away from such character development, especially in the second arc.

I also watched the sub (can't stand dub)

I get what you're saying @drill in the second half the story did drive him away from his original archetype and moves him over to being more like Gai , I still feel that he was cliche because to me it seemed that all that happened was him transitioning to a different archetype.Although the fact that he changed may be the reason that he is seen as not cliche ,because most often characters don't change (much).

• 6 months later...
I have been watching guilty crown and i love it!, to me shu is such an intriguing character, his outlook on things never ceases to amuse me, although i find inori a bit simple, but I'm only 8 episodes in and loving it :)

"intriguing" that definitely sums him up xD, in the later episodes you will know what I mean.

Edited by Guest

"intriguing" that definitely sum him up xD, in the later episodes you will know what I mean.

I am laughing so hard :D:'(:D Shu is definitely intriguing.

I do prefer him in the second half of the anime much more than the first half.

I do prefer him in the second half of the anime much more than the first half.

I think we all do, he was just that typical shounen mc at the beginning.

• 4 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic