Koji Wada left a live message during Digimon Fes 2015.

Koumi

This is just en excerpt, so expect it to be incomplete.

I did my best to copy and paste as much as I caught on.

"August 1st is a special day for Digimon Adventure.

I was looking forward to enjoying this day with everyone at DIGIMON ADVENTURE FES.2015, but I am sorry to announce the cancellation of my attendance. I tried to do everything in my power to improve my physical condition, but I am sorry to say it is not enough for me to stand on stage and perform.

I apologize to everyone who looked forward to my performance.

It has been 16 years since Digimon Adventure first started in 1999.

I could have never imagined then, that I would be able to see a the grown up version of Taichi, Agumon, and the digimons. So, inevitably, I was excited from the bottom of my heart when I first heard the news that a sequel, "Digimon Adventure tri." , was being produced. I was more excited when I heard the main theme would be "Butter-Fly" again. However, along with the excitement, I also faced the burden of thinking of how I would go about singing a song that was produced 16 years ago as my debut song. Should it reflect on who I am now, or should it be a revival of 16 years ago….tri. is the sequel to Digimon Adventure, and Butter-Fly is once again, its main theme….

I remembered when Digimon Adventure first aired 16 years ago, and how excited I was when I heard "Butter-Fly" playing from the TV.

I will do my best to collaborate with the voice actors, music team, and the staff to make Digimon Adventure tri a piece that will continue to touch the hearts of the audience here, as well as to people all around the world."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Geano locked this topic