Gourmet Girl Graffiti

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]789456.thumb.jpg.8fabcfb7a3aa74e248912fae77482c10.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The story follows Ryou, a middle school girl who lives by herself. She has a knack for cooking, and she makes friendships with everyone through her food. The cooking manga is "full of detailed cuisine art to whet the appetite and slightly erotic meal scenes." The "koufuku" in the title is a wordplay on two Japanese homonyms — one which means "happiness," and another that means "appetite."
Although, I'm not a fan of Shaft, this does look like the most promising thing this season. All I hope for is that there are not still shots everywhere (like what happened in Mekakucity Actors).

Sounds interesting, though I am curious what exactly an "erotic meal scene" entails.

Ecchi mixed with passionate cooking?

I would seriously doubt it, as the genre has been confirmed as just Comedy. I have no clue what they mean though. :?

• 2 weeks later...

Well the first episode showed a bit of promise. [spoiler=Episode 1]However, watching people eat isn't exactly exciting. :? Also, I'm not really sure how I like the MC also narrating the story as well.

I really enjoyed the first episode. The amount of detail that's in the food and its preparation is startlingly detailed and accurate (not that I'm a food expert), it truly does look mouthwatering.

That hot pot for example...

koufuku-grafitti-ep-01-hotpot.thumb.jpg.2b339a96cf9facd06b03abc743a4bef1.jpg

Seeing Ryou eat with such passion was kind of cute in a way.

[spoiler=Kirin feeding Ryou.]

koufuku-grafitti-ep-01-ryou-eating.thumb.jpg.795e63ea24185a100882dbea582977b5.jpg

OP and EDs are really catchy too!

And that preview... the slow zoom in effect is so mesmerizing. I look forward to seeing more of this series. :)

koufuku-grafitti-ep-02-preview.thumb.jpg.8f37bddffb612af76f41d66beccfd1ef.jpg

I really enjoyed the first episode. The amount of detail that's in the food and its preparation is startlingly detailed and accurate (not that I'm a food expert), it truly does look mouthwatering.

That hot pot for example...

[ATTACH]17174[/ATTACH]

Seeing Ryou eat with such passion was kind of cute in a way.

[spoiler=Kirin feeding Ryou.]

[ATTACH]17175[/ATTACH]

OP and EDs are really catchy too!

And that preview... the slow zoom in effect is so mesmerizing. I look forward to seeing more of this series. :)

[ATTACH]17176[/ATTACH]

That sounds good to me, :)

Although, the eating with obvious passion like that is something i'm used to, though. Ichigo (the girl who is the main character of Yumeiro Patissierre, which is a series about making cakes) was given a great deal of them, although I eventually ended up fast-forwarding through them, x.x

Better than the first episode.[spoiler=Episode 2]I'm glad more SoL elements were incorporated instead of just cooking and eating. Also, especially this episode, it was really obvious SHAFT did this anime (mainly the constant head tilts). Kirin is my favorite character :)

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 3]If it wasn't for Kirin, I would have dropped this already. I mean, outside of saying how delecious some food was (in which I think they like food just a little too much), Kirin probably has the most character development out of all of them. Although, the new girl isn't a bad character either. Ryou kinda annoys me though :?

[spoiler=Episode 4]This episode had its ups and downs. I really wish there was more Kirin, but it was nice to get a break from the usual episodes up to this point. If anything, I think this episode helped develop Ryo as a character as she was kind of lacking that.

I was actually extremely surprised at today's episode.

[spoiler=Episode 5]While Kirin is my favorite character, seeing more of Shiina was enjoyable, and she really is a well developed character. I never really got the whole noodle thing flowing down the bamboo though, but whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good episode again this week.

[spoiler=Episode 6]In case you couldn't tell by my new avatar, Shiina is my new favorite character for this show. Now that she has had more screen time, I think she is the most developed character out of the group, and really just makes this show what it couldn't be otherwise. Anyway, apparently any episode that doesn't have them describing food EVERY second of the episode is actually nice and refreshing.

[spoiler=Episode 7]Really entertaining to watch Shiina and Kirin trying to cook for Ryou. Especially how everything just seems to "attack" Kirin. :D Also, I don't really remember if I mentioned this before, but I really hope this ends up being two cour.

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually turning out really well, much better than I had originally thought it would.[spoiler=Episode 8]It seems that I was right in that Ryou makes food seem better than they really are, and it was kinda funny to see her friends' reactions to Kirin's food.

So, after a while, I've finally caught up with all the currently airing anime that I'm watching.[spoiler=Episode 9]Pretty good episode this week, and it was nice to see some of the less frequent characters as well. I really wonder what Shina's family does during New Years though.

[spoiler=Episode 10]Wasn't really a fan of the new character, but I was a bit interested as they have shown her off to the side in several episodes already. Overall not a bad episode, but was kinda looking for something more.

• 2 weeks later...