Magic Kaito 1412

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT] BzFsY7rIQAARdoh.thumb.jpg.0f66ed12e6cc287cd2e16334bb8985cd.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Kaito Kuroba, a normal teenage student whose father is often absent. When his father dies under mysterious circumstances, he is made aware of his father's secret identity; a famous international criminal known as International Criminal 1412: the Phantom Thief, and that he was murdered by a mysterious organization for refusing to aid them in retrieving the "Pandora Gem"; a mystical stone said to shed a "tear" during the passing of a particular comet (often called the 'Volley Comet'), the consumption of which bestows immortality.

Ok, so episode 5 was probably the first one I was actually disappointed in. If I remember correctly, the battle between Akako and Kaito in the original series went on for a couple of more minutes, and it seemed that Kaito's situation was far worse in the orginal

So when he won using his "trick" it made it more exciting

Anyway, I really recommend this show to anyone reading this. On that note, is there anyone already watching this, if so, what do you think?

• 3 weeks later...
I marathoned the OVA series a couple weeks back; so I am going to wait for the original OVA series material to run out so I can watch.

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the original OVA already finished airing, so you might as well start watching 1412.

Also, episode 7 was done alright, but material seems to be missing due to adding additional scenes. Not sure how I feel about that. :?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 13]Out of all the episodes so far, this one was the most identical to the original anime. Although, it had way better art and animation. Sadly, Magic Kaito doesn't have much rewatch value since half the fun was seeing what kind of stunts he would pull.

[spoiler=Episode 15]While it was exactly how I remember it from the original, this episode was really good even when rewatching it. I think they learned their lesson that having the grandpa character really wasn't all that great of an idea, as it took time out of the episode and didn't really add much of anything.

Probably my favorite episode of the series so far.

[spoiler=Episode 17]It's finally getting into new territory that the original anime didn't cover. Not much to say here, especially since all Kaito did was fool everyone, and didn't even take off with the jewel. I am curious if he will ever see his father since he is seen in the OP in a black outfit. Seeing a showdown between the two would be something else. :)

[spoiler=Episode 20]This was just as good as I remembered it being. The cop that had to steal jewels to pay for surgery. You would think that with just one of those, that would be enough for some surgery, as wouldn't his job provide medical insurance...? :? Well, whatever, good episode either way. I will be sad to see this end though, and I was hoping they would have gone more into that secret organization, or perhaps they plan on a season 2! That would be awesome. :)

[spoiler=Episode 21]This weeks episode really caught me off guard on how he pulled the trick off. Also, I love it how when Conan figures out his trick, he will get away anyways. Therefore, they don't need to nerf either character's ability

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Episode 22]Strangely enough, this is where the original series stopped if I remember correctly. If that is the case, there could be a season 2 as the manga is a lot further along this time, and they really need to have an ending, even if it is anime original.

[spoiler=Episode 23]Wow, second to last episode with only one mention of this bad organization for about 10 seconds. Also, they didn't even mention it, but the guy in black looks like Kaito's father. It would add up, and would make for an interesting ending. It would also explain this whole thing by testing Kaito. At any rate, I hope that is what happens.

[spoiler=Episode 24]Well, it seems like that was a pretty interesting finale, as Kaito was able to see through his dad's trick. Also, the ending was pretty good with how Aoko wanted to make a group that could catch Kid, while everyone but her knew that Kaito was Kid. Kinda sad its over, maybe I'll rewatch it sometime.

• 7 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic