Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Optic

So I bought a new Surface Pro 3 i5 256 GB tablet yesterday...

I've been keeping an eye on this device for awhile now and finally decided to take the plunge as I was really curious on how Microsoft implemented the touch Metro elements on their flagship tablet.

I'm still getting used to Windows 8.1 and will post a more in-depth review a little later. I'm hoping this will help improve my workflow for some Anime Forums related stuff. So far I'm having a lot of fun with it. :)

surface-pro-3-red-type-cover.thumb.jpg.83abedcb6577aad1a8035a0039df21fd.jpg

surface-pro-3-sora-no-method-lock-screen.thumb.jpg.74e0c43c440770bfb4b7581b57a12e15.jpg

Quite an expensive toy you got there. Windows 8.1 can get some taking used to, but its not as bad as people say it is. Also, Microsoft has announced that they will be giving free upgrades to Windows 10 for users with Windows 7 & 8, so you can look forward to that if you don't get used to it.

• 10 months later...

Almost a year later now... and... I've decided to sell it.

It's a pretty nifty device but they type cover keyboard and trackpad isn't great... and the fan kicks in too early even for light tasks. Touch screen and Surface pen though was fun to use though. Given that the Surface 4 models are coming out shortly I figure I'd try and sell it now before the value plummets.

Now to decide on one of those new Dell XPS 15 laptops or maybe even a MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch. I quite like OS X..

Edited by Guest

Almost a year later now... and... I've decided to sell it.

It's a pretty nifty device but they type cover keyboard and trackpad isn't great... and the fan kicks in too early even for light tasks. Touch screen and Surface pen though was fun to use though. Given that the Surface 4 models are coming out shortly I figure I'd try and sell it now before the value plummets.

Now to decide on one of those new Dell XPS 15 laptops or maybe even a MacBook Pro Retina 15 inch. I quite like OS X..

A bit surprised that you sold it already. :P Also, I would go for the Mac if I were you, as imo, Dell computers aren't all that great.