Senki Zesshou Symphogear G

Optic

This is the second series of Symphogear.

I've noted my thoughts already on Symphogear G in my review, but to sum it up in one word: AWESOME! :angel:

It's a huge step up from the first series, as other Symphogear users are brought in. The music doesn't fail to disappoint and the animation quality has gone up several notches. Symphogear G's OP is now my most favourite OP of all time too!

symphogear-g-cover.thumb.jpg.88b6b909c052b4bcdd926992cefe3bd9.jpg

If you're new to the Symphogear series, make sure you check out the other series!

Season 1: Senki Zesshou Symphogear

Season 2: Senki Zesshou Symphogear G

Season 3: Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the first episode, I felt like this is how the series should have started out. :P The animation is amazing in comparison to the sequel which didn't have terrible animation, but not great either. I am a bit disappointed in the new bad guys, as she calls herself Finé. I really hope that they don't have any connection to the other Finé. Also, it is a bit sad as they have practically already revealed who all the major antagonists are all within the first episode. :P Although, I do have high hopes for the series, and especially for the OP since you seem to like it better than the first season's OP which is already one of my favorites.

• Like 1

I am a bit disappointed in the new bad guys, as she calls herself Finé. I really hope that they don't have any connection to the other Finé.

Ugghhh I can't say anything because it would spoil it. >_<

Although, I do have high hopes for the series, and especially for the OP since you seem to like it better than the first season's OP which is already one of my favorites.

I do hope you like it. :) Yes the plot is still absurd but it doesn't try to be too serious. Hibiki really grows as a character in Symphogear G, and the improved pacing does help. There is less slice of life though, which is probably a good thing because I think this series shines best during the Symphogear singing combat scenes.

Regarding the OP, yes I am curious how much you'll like it. Out of all Symphogear OPs this one is definitely my favourite because it's so dynamic. :P But the first OP is still good too!

I do hope you like it. :) Yes the plot is still absurd but it doesn't try to be too serious. Hibiki really grows as a character in Symphogear G, and the improved pacing does help. There is less slice of life though, which is probably a good thing because I think this series shines best during the Symphogear singing combat scenes.

I'm really glad to hear that it has less slice of life. While it did help the characters a tad in the first season, I would much rather see them fighting now. Also, Maria is easily my favorite antagonist being both cool and strong. Least favorite character goes to Tsykuyomi because she hates my favorite character.

I'm only on episode 3, but I might rate them somewhat like this:

1. Hibiki (best personality)
  2. Ogawa (only non symphogear character that actually does anything. :P Also, he gets a cool scene in episode 3).
  3. Tsubasa (best character design)
  4. Maria (great character design, but haven't seen enough of her yet to pass Tsubasa)
  5. Kirika (rather enjoy her personality so far, probably has enough potential to pass Maria and possibly Tsubasa)
  6. Chris (very weak character development, although still a likeable character)
  7. Tsykuyomi (she hates Hibiki, I don't like her either. :P This may change later on though)

Also, the OP to this season isn't bad, but I still like the OP from the first season better.

• Like 1

• Hibiki (best personality)
  • Tsubasa (best character design)

Sounds like you might want need some Symphogear chibi Nendoroids!! ;)

symphogear-tsubasa-nendoroid.thumb.jpg.34252a3680bd17e093ea4391b10310a3.jpg

Also, Maria is easily my favorite antagonist being both cool and strong.

I have mixed feelings about Maria. I can't say too much as her development changes rapidly towards the end. But she is definitely in Symphogear GX so her story is a long one. ;)

• Kirika (rather enjoy her personality so far, probably has enough potential to pass Maria and possibly Tsubasa)

*gasp* Well I personally didn't like Kirika's protective nature. xD Tsubasa is so much more elegant.. (o^.^o)

Having said that Kirika and Shirabe are much cuter together than Hibiki and Tsubasa being together.

symphogear-hibiki-nendoroid.thumb.jpg.5638d4e6b4a73bbc28119b0f0837ab7e.jpg

Sounds like you might want need some Symphogear chibi Nendoroids!! ;)

23632-bd05694f33a98b7443ea6765df1b7434.jpg 23633-546a851c8d647b219b8ad895e4c29d7e.jpg

But... but... my wallet. xD

When I start my full time job soon, I might look into getting one or both with my first paycheck though, as I do want need them. ;)

I have mixed feelings about Maria. I can't say too much as her development changes rapidly towards the end. But she is definitely in Symphogear GX so her story is a long one. ;)

Well, at the very least, even if I end up disliking Maria, she has an amazing design with her symphogear on (that cape especially :yum:).

*gasp* Well I personally didn't like Kirika's protective nature. xD Tsubasa is so much more elegant.. (o^.^o)

I think what made me like Kirika is how she doesn't solve everything by fighting. Really only seen in the first episode so far with Ogawa though. Perhaps this will change later on, and if so, she will probably stay in that position rather than moving upwards.

Episode 6 now. The music in this season just blows the first season out of the water. Despite being the antagonists, the duo that Kirika and Shirabe did was amazing. Chris' solo was very good as well. Surprisingly though, my order in favorite characters has changed quite a bit in just 3 short episodes:

1. Hibiki
  2. Chris
  3. Ogawa
  4. Kirika

5. Tsubasa
  6. Shirabe

7. Maria

Chris goes up quite a bit due to her solo and better development than most other characters so far. Tsubasa falls so low, as I really can't stand it when characters (or real people for that matter) lie, and think that they are doing the other person a favor because of it. Kirika disappointed me a bit in her overall development, but still feels more developed than even Tsubasa as of now. Also, Maria feels like the least developed character. Even with her amazing design, I can't help but put her in last place.

So, I finished today. The ending was much better than that of season one, but I would have liked it better if Ver didn't have to go insane. Although, having absolutely terrible english, Finé made a better antagonist. Also, I really hope GX doesn't focus on noise, as I'm kinda tired of the same setting over again. If it does, I'll probably take a break from the franchise until GX finishes.

• Like 1

The music in this season just blows the first season out of the water. Despite being the antagonists, the duo that Kirika and Shirabe did was amazing.

Without a doubt for sure! :angel:

Chris goes up quite a bit due to her solo and better development than most other characters so far.

Interesting ranking. ;)

The ending was much better than that of season one, but I would have liked it better if Ver didn't have to go insane.

Yeah I feel it was a much more memorable ending. Seeing Hibiki just smother everyone with friendship, happiness and empathy (Maria included) was so awwh. Even without her Symphogear. Well OK she stole (borrowed) Maria's Gungnir... still.

Also, I really hope GX doesn't focus on noise, as I'm kinda tired of the same setting over again.

*sigh* Unfortunately, yes there is "alca-noise" and they are cannon fodder to accompany the new villains. It is a Symphogear trademark thing.

But in GX they are much much much much more deadly. Which is probably a welcome surprise given how powerful Hibiki and co has become. :P BUT the villains in GX have nowhere near the same Noise abilities that Ver had with that ridiculous summoning rod relic. So there is much less emphasis on the Noise this time round.

But yes a week long break from the series would probably be ideal as you probably have Symphogear fatigue. :P

If it does, I'll probably take a break from the franchise until GX finishes.

Yeah you say that now... but I bet you one of my Hyperdimension Neptunia Blu-ray discs that after a few days you'll start watching it as you'll be curious to see Hibiki's next Symphogear adventure. ;) And I still need a discussion buddy. >_<

(just kidding on the bet)

Yeah you say that now... but I bet you one of my Hyperdimension Neptunia Blu-ray discs that after a few days you'll start watching it as you'll be curious to see Hibiki's next Symphogear adventure. ;) And I still need a discussion buddy. _

(just kidding on the bet)

You're probably right. :P

(Also, it wouldn't have done me any good, as I don't have a Blu-ray player. >_<)

BUT the villains in GX have nowhere near the same Noise abilities that Ver had with that ridiculous summoning rod relic. So there is much less emphasis on the Noise this time round.

Well, that makes me more excited about the third season at least.

• Geano locked this topic