Senki Zesshou Symphogear GX

Optic

This is the third series of Symphogear.

After the Frontier incident, things seemed to be peaceful until yet again a new threat emerges. But their Symphogear proves to be ineffective against them.

As the cover and OP suggests, our former FIS foes Maria, Shirage and Kirika will be playing a major role in helping out Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris.

symphogear-gx-cover.thumb.jpg.1967c6968d260b8f42954792ceca3312.jpg

symphogear-gx-characters.thumb.jpg.e7368d4adbfefd6b9ce79aebb96adcd7.jpg

59e216c2be697_SenkiZesshouSymphogearGX-OP.jpg.7e7d4e1c7c22bc5800e3b141168e04f2.jpg

My only concern is that the number of characters is getting out of hand. Look how many characters there are now!!

• Six Symphogear users vs. five villains.
  • And don't forget the supporting characters... Miku and her friends, HQ...

Edited by Guest

"Don't give up living!" loved those words from Hibiki during the opening Shuttle rescue mission. Tsubasa and Maria's duet was good too. (o^.^o)

My most favourite scene though was Shirage and Kirika coming to school with Hibiki and co. at Lydian Academy together. Kirika still being protective over Shirage.

shirage-kirika-symphogear-gx.thumb.jpg.be5b055b1f6896fd870c76aaa1f8bab6.jpg

And Chris whacking Hibiki for not being a good example of a senpai to them both due to being silly with Miku again. >_<

chibi-hibiki-tachibana-symphogear-gx.thumb.jpg.c628faba693490bad2d596f426b052b5.jpg

As for the new villains... given the taunting these new villains are doing to Tsubasa and Hibiki, they seem very dangerous. :S

chris-hitting-hibiki-symphogear-gx.thumb.jpg.802419b12f6b13529604d8d326bac756.jpg

Interesting backstory on Maria's restrictions after the Frontier incident.

Hibiki's "I don't want to fight you!" moment is in play. But it costs her, as the main villain has a strong link to her father. We don't know anything about Hibiki's father. Intriguing..

hibiki-fight-symphogear-gx1.thumb.jpg.0ffe0f406b66dd36e200f19b861a0a5c.jpg

Really surprised to see Tsubasa and Chris defeated, or rather the effect the villain attacks had on their Symphogear.

hibiki-fight-symphogear-gx.thumb.jpg.c5abaae2442c3487a57326c64317b05b.jpg

Shirage and Kirika rescues Chris! But can't fight to their full potential without LiNKER.

Chris being naked and stating "Do I look OK to you?!" was hilarious when Shirage and Kirika both asked her if she was OK:

shirage-symphogear-gx.thumb.jpg.e4e6242e0eea797b64d3994aa991eedd.jpg

The defector "Elfnein" is most likely going to provide the countermeasure against these strong villains. And we now know these Noise are different, which they call the Arcanoise. Would it have killed them though to make them look slightly different? :meh:

Also that cliffhanger at the end... Hibiki's hesitates to fight in case she hurts someone.. it's really starting to get potentially dangerous.

chris-protect-symphogear-gx.thumb.jpg.42e449fe33ddc6a22306f3ad33b0bcaf.jpg

Go go Hibiki! Finally Hibiki overcomes her hesitation when Miku was in grave danger. Epic scene!

hibiki-miku-symphogear-gx.thumb.jpg.6ff2f87dda0371c14d8ceb22dc78bc3c.jpg

But so short-lived after she gets defeated like Tsubasa and Chris. :'(

I can't wait for the next episode already. Hibiki and co. need to beat these villains up already, which I suspect their Symphogears will be upgraded somehow with Elfnein's help.

Shirabe and Kirika buy some time when the power generators are attacked. Unfortunately this defensive ad-hoc mission resulted in an episode with rather predictable combat scenes because after seeing Hibiki, Tsubasa and Chris getting defeated so easily, it was painfully obvious by this point that Shirabe and Kirika wouldn't last long. Especially when they are still reliant on LiNKER. That and combined with everyone else just watching from the control room made this excruciating to watch.

shirabe-kirika2.thumb.jpg.88b0870b84b251760eb63acfd3ea64dc.jpg

At least Hibiki has mostly recovered. And the ending was great when Tsubasa made her badass comeback! :angel:

shirabe-kirika.thumb.jpg.cec4898c8fcd4773b455ab531f44394a.jpg

Not much really happened until the second half where Hibiki got to save Chris and Tsubasa, and then all three use their awesome new powerful Ignite Module forms.

Those new powerful forms are awesome. And they have moved away from the symphonic themes in favour of electro house music themes now to go with them!!! Amazing! I felt a sense of SKRILLEX there. xD

Hibiki has a panther pose now. (o^.^o)

symphogear-gx-hibiki-tachibana-ignite-module-form-1.thumb.jpg.7cfcdbd1415e36d4f2432984c319854a.jpg

Tsubasa looks elegant as usual.

symphogear-gx-tsubasa-ignite-module-form-1.thumb.jpg.fc46a4e3df43e822fc705d26414071ea.jpg

Chris looks good too! I like how this form is more tactical looking, her previous one was a bit too "cutesy" for my liking. :P

symphogear-gx-yukine-chris-ignite-module-form-1.thumb.jpg.cf9e324a2566a01c406c83bb68a45406.jpg

But darn it Hibiki, I know you have a heart of gold and want to save everyone but did you even have to shed tears for Carol too? Her creation smashed you up good. :?

Be interesting to see how they deal with the other doll creations.

Now Maria, Kirika and Shirabe need to rejoin Hibki and co. already.:angel:

• 2 weeks later...

symphogear-gx-maria.thumb.jpg.1aa3a7854d8b2da2616ffe7f9dd255ec.jpg

What a fun, mandatory beach fan service episode under the guise of "special training" :P

After sulking for soooooo long this whole season - and arguably for the second half of Symphogear G, it's ABOUT TIME that Maria got her badass moment. She finally got to use her new Symphogear form, and it's touching that is was her sister's former one. Her Ignite Module form was great too but felt rushed.

Maria uppercutting Garie and slicing her (it?) was the best moment for her. (o^.^o)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only up to episode 2, but I was a bit surprised at the whole symphogear disintegration thing. Also, I really hate to say this, but Ver might have been a better antagonist than the mage person. Also, given episode 1's more lighthearted nature, I enjoyed that one more than episode 2. That duet with Maria and Tsubasa was amazing.

• Agree 1

Also, I really hate to say this, but Ver might have been a better antagonist than the mage person.

Yeah I have to agree... Symphogear G ended on such a high note, despite Ver being a ridiculous villain. xD

GX's villains aren't as great. But it does get better.

That duet with Maria and Tsubasa was amazing.

Maria seems high on your favourite Symphogear character list ? ;)

GX's villains aren't as great. But it does get better.

Well, thats good to hear at least.

Maria seems high on your favourite Symphogear character list ? ;)

Being as they are starting to some more development with her character, she does rank well.

1. Chris (Strangely enough, being as she changed a lot in the first season, Chris does quite well staying the same with her new self. More than likely, Maria and Hibiki have a good chance of passing her on this list though)
  2. Maria (She does the whole character of losing her power and feeling helpless SOOO much better than Shirabe and Kiri do)
  3. Hibiki (Until she gets her fighting spirit again, as well as her gear)
  4. Tsubasa (Everything here and below really feel like really static characters as of now. Tsubasa comes on top do to her VA)
  5. Shirabe
  6. Kiri

Also, Maria's character design went down some since in episode 4 she didn't have that cape... If she gets a new power, she needs a cape. :P Anyway, I hope to catch up to episode 9 by the end of the day.

• Like 1

After sulking for soooooo long this whole season - and arguably for the second half of Symphogear G, it's ABOUT TIME that Maria got her badass moment. She finally got to use her new Symphogear form, and it's touching that is was her sister's former one. Her Ignite Module form was great too but felt rushed.

Maria uppercutting Garie and slicing her (it?) was the best moment for her. (o^.^o)

Seeing Garie get beat up like that was great. :P

Also, with episode 7, Maria was able to keep her #2 spot on my list. She actually would have taken #1 if her Ignite form had a cape. :P Anyway, even though the rest is pretty predictable, I hope to see these matches in the coming episodes:

Hibiki vs Micha

Tsubasa vs Phara

Chris vs Leiur

• 2 weeks later...

*gasp* I've fallen behind!!

My thoughts on Episode 8. Will catch up to Episode 11 within the next few days. ;)

Seeing Hibiki cry, getting frustrated and becoming reckless in battle about her father made me sad too. Be interesting to see how Hibiki resolves her troubled past with her father who appears to be very inconsiderate at the moment. :angry:

Shirabe and Kirika got their Ignite modules now and finally killed masochistic Micha. But I bet Maria must be feeling just a tiny bit embarassed that they were able to tame their Ignite modules on their first go whilst Maria needed two attempts. ;) In all seriousness though it was AWESOME how the two took on such a big role this episode, whilst the others were placed on the backbench, allowing them to really shine.

Kirika even got to cradle Hibiki! That's twice now Shirabe and Kirika have saved their senpais. Chris and now Hibiki. :P

symphogear-gx-hibiki-tachibana-kirika.thumb.jpg.7a5330c3c0fbfb3a3b94476ecc9b417e.jpg

symphogear-gx-shirabe-shielding-blast.thumb.jpg.fff975a589e2c331895bd1ff2f907905.jpg

As for Carol being reincarnated... well I hope Hibiki punches her again into oblivion. :P

Overall, good episode. Shirabe and Kirika have gone up on my favourite list. :angel:

• 5 weeks later...

Overall, good episode. I thought they did really well doing Tsubasa's past. While I don't really care about the whole plot anymore really, it was rather shocking to see Ver come in at the last second.

@Optic, are you done with the show yet?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Two months later... I go through my To-Do list and see an item called "Update Symphogear GX discussion thread" ... :o I will finish my thoughts now this evening.

In the meantime, here's a cute picture of Kirika and Shirabe:

symphogear-gx-kirika-shirabe.thumb.jpg.bd51c8c40e211256b4bf13164bf69b17.jpg

I thought they did really well doing Tsubasa's past. While I don't really care about the whole plot anymore really, it was rather shocking to see Ver come in at the last second.

I really liked the bonding with Tsubasa and Maria, as well as Tsubasa making up with her father in a way.

I especially loved Tsubasa misinterpreting Maria asking if she's always had such a tense relationship with her father...

symphogear-gx-tsubasa-maria-cleaning-room.thumb.jpg.159e56e5972b79801d736d407e2370b1.jpg

HOWEVER... I was VERY disappointed with Maria in this episode. What the heck...

She was such a badass and almost menacing when she was a villain in Symphogear G when facing off against Tsubasa.

symphogear-gx-maria-tsubasa-phara-in-combat.gif.cbfad068dda16d86a67cd354135427f9.gif

Then when she fights with Tsubasa, she gets easily defeated by Phara...

I realise it was Tsubasa's moment to shine but really? I think Maria really got the short end of the stick this season. Barely defeated Garie, very sentimental and her relic just doesn't seem as awesome as it was in G...

As for Ver's reappearance... very uneventful.

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic