Sword Art Online II - General Discussion

Optic

It is the Year 2025. The gift provided by Kayaba Akihiko during the events of the previous Sword Art Online incident has resulted in a new wave of virtual reality MMORPGs. Within one of these virtual MMORPGs called Gun Gale Online, a mysterious player by the alias of Death Gun is targeting professional players, causing them to die in real life from within the game in mysterious circumstances.

Meanwhile, Kirito and Asuna are enjoying their lives together and reflect on their previous experiences in the Tokyo Imperial East Gardens, with Asuna reaffirming her love for Kirito. Later, Kirito is summoned by Kikuoka Seijirou – a government member of the Virtual Division team who was responsible for investigating the after-effects of the previous Sword Art Online incident. He requests Kirito's help to investigate the mysterious deaths in Gun Gale Online, and Kirito reluctantly agrees.

Kirito-and-Sinon-Sword-Art-Online-Gungale-Online-Phantom-Bullet-Arc.thumb.jpg.3c74ea2ea9c1b0e1a781cd1362503059.jpgMost of you enjoyed Sword Art Online, the SAO arc at least.

Sword Art Online II should be coming out sometime this year and it's based on a more futuristic setting GGO (Gun Gale Online), known as the Phantom Bullet Arc in the novel series.

Kirito (with a rather feminine looking avatar) of course is in it and there's a new character called Shinon (alias: Shino) that are shown in the teaser trailer...

Looking forward to it, how about you? :D

Teaser Trailer below.

• Like 2
  • Optimistic 1

• 3 weeks later...

I still can't believe they changed Kirito like that, I thought it was Asuna at first. I'm afraid it won't be that good =(

Besides why play a new game if you sort of have a trauma of being trapped in a game and were able to get it + he only played the next game to rescue Asuna. I wonder why they started this new game, is it a specific reason?

• Optimistic 1

• 3 months later...

Thanks Caroline. (edited your post to embed the new trailer)

Looks sweet! And it's airing in July too!! Looks like we'll have our hands full in July with Sailor Moon Crystal too. :P

Those teaser shots...

Kirito and Asuna!! Though I suspect Asuna is only there for moral support..

sword-art-online-2-asuna-kirito.thumb.jpg.b9ca88cd9e2daeaffa542bf188718503.jpg

This character looks pretty bad-ass too with that long rifle:

sword-art-online-2-shino-simon.thumb.jpg.df5c36cc8ce14eb7a5587e4e68c25cf4.jpg

A whole lot of new characters too... this has peaked my interest again. :P

• Optimistic 1

• 3 weeks later...

@NightDancer, you're such a Leafa fan. :P

Feel free to post spoilers, but use the spoiler tags.

I'm definitely enjoying it so far, but still waiting for that hook to draw Kirito into GGO.

Oh and with Silica...

[spoiler=Episode 02]

sword-art-online-ii-silica-ao.thumb.jpg.c1bba345a865a640eb1a7bbd4ba464f2.jpg

Of course Silica she had to be attacked by a plant-like monster again. What a cliche. xD

Will see if I can organise this topic a bit better to link to our SAO II episode guide and start making some galleries too..

• Like 1
  • Optimistic 1

I actually didn't even watched the first season of SAo yet nyan~~

And when I read the donjins, I got really confused nyan~~

onion-nervous

@NightDancer, you're such a Leafa fan. :P

Feel free to post spoilers, but use the spoiler tags.

I'm definitely enjoying it so far, but still waiting for that hook to draw Kirito into GGO.

Oh and with Silica...

[spoiler=Episode 02]

[ATTACH=full]273[/ATTACH]

Of course Silica she had to be attacked by a plant-like monster again. What a cliche. xD

Will see if I can organise this topic a bit better to link to our SAO II episode guide and start making some galleries too..

I only think Asuna seems different in terms of personality to me O.o Anyone else think so?

• Agree 3

I only think Asuna seems different in terms of personality to me o_O Anyone else think so?

She seems a lot more toned down. In the first series she seemed more adventurous. In this one she seems to be content with how things are and doesn't really show an interest in looking for something more.

• Agree 2

sword-art-online-ii-ep-02-6.jpg

Asuna went through a lot in both SAO and AO, let's cut Asuna some slack. After all she was held captive for most of AO so perhaps she's just happy things are settling down. ;) I suspect though Asuna's tone will probably change when Kirito inevitably enters GGO... wonder how she will react?

On a side note how you finding Sinon's character (Shinnon)? She seems pretty badass.

onion-blush

sword-art-online-ii-ep-02-4.jpg

sword-art-online-ii-ep-02-1.jpg

But she seems to exhibit the feeling of having a burden on her shoulders? Be curious to learn more about her real life story.

onion-stress

I've updated the Episode Guide on the main website to include Episode 02: Ice Sniper.

• Agree 1

@Optic

That is true, Asuna has been through plenty of strife. I don't blame her for enjoying the peace of the moment.

Shinnon is a total badass with a bad past. I'm pretty decent at psychological profiling, I watch people all the time, and I'll bet that she's been through some traumatic event in her past in which she felt a loss of control or strength. She turns to GGO to try and recover that lost strength to try and regain some control of her life. It's actually quite sad. I profile in a split second and my eyes began to water at the end of episode two, so sad!!! ouchthis-cry

Yeah Asuna seems more lovey dovey now, even more compared to the extended ending haha. I miss her more rough attitude =) But who knows it might have been her in-game attitude.

I love Sinon! <3 I want to see more of her, she seems amazing! Sorry Leafa xD

Watched the first episode, seemed like it was just setting things up, watching the second now, will edit when I have. :D

You will LOVE the second one! I really can't wait for the next episode. My boyfriend, his brother and I are completely hooked! =D

• 3 months later...

Updates:

So with episode 15 now aired, we're now into a new arc, back into Alfheim Online with the old crew + Sinon.

As with the first series, there seems to be less tension now but it's great to be back with the old crew again. Looking forward to seeing more of this Excalibur quest line...

sword-art-online-ii-second-arc1.thumb.jpg.a4302eda83c3342fe32385d8cc27fb7f.jpg

sword-art-online-ii-second-arc.thumb.jpg.49d23f825e37417a5cf90c8ac65625ed.jpg

While I'm glad they are finally back to the old characters, I feel like not enough development was done on them. Klein, Silica, and Lisbeth needed to be in more episodes before getting to this arc to round out their characters. Especially Silica, I mean, she was in one episode, and never seen again until the special that was aired between seasons.

Especially Silica, I mean, she was in one episode, and never seen again until the special that was aired between seasons.

Yeah I agree the screen time for all the characters of Sword Art Online is all over the place.

I still prefer the SAO outfits over AO, especially Silica's one:

silica-sao.thumb.jpg.c026f5c8f7646c7468a943a544450f16.jpg

The manga and light novels probably had much more backstory. :angry:

• Agree 1

Yeah I agree the screen time for all the characters of Sword Art Online is all over the place.

I still prefer the SAO outfits over AO, especially Silica's one:

[ATTACH]13537[/ATTACH]

The manga and light novels probably had much more backstory. :angry:

Yeah, the SAO outfits were pretty good. Also, I didn't realize the manga and LN had more backstory on the characters. *Goes to put it on my ever growing list*

Maybe its just me, but the manga seems behind the anime, and is also rated pretty low :? I'll probably read the LN eventually, but with Nano coming up soon, it will probably have to wait.

Maybe its just me, but the manga seems behind the anime, and is also rated pretty low :?

Oh yeah, the manga is definitely behind the anime. My comparison of the manga was for the first anime series of SAO, which I did prior to SAO II airing. Sorry about that. xD

Well after watching episode 16, is it just me or did anyone else I feel that arc was a bit of a let-down because of the combat scenes? They just didn't seem as good as the older Alfheim Online ones back in the first series of SAO. So many cut to black transitions...

But it was amusing. My favourite cringe-worthy scene:

[spoiler=Episode 16]

sword-art-online-ii-ep-16.thumb.jpg.ead834cc84529ea4905d759976236f8e.jpg

Sinon: Every time you draw this sword, remember me in your heart!

sword-art-online-ii-ep-16-2.thumb.jpg.f4c0650c16813b2406f3f655a1c91ac6.jpg

The reaction.

• Geano locked this topic