Would you help make a manga

Greeneyes

(Hypothetically) If someone had a story they would want to make into something like a manga would you help that person with the story, art anything?

Or are you the one with the story?

I'd be the one with the story, provided I have a mangaka to help me draw what I have in mind. I have zero experience in drawing at all, but I could come up with a good script for my own manga.

I'm sure it would be very different writing for a manga compared to writing a novel or a movie though, so there will probably be some hurdles I need to overcome. But as long as I have a mangaka partner to help me out, I'm sure everything will turn out just fine. I work well with a partner.

• Like 1

I would probably help with the story.

As I have read quite a few books, manga or not, I can get a good grasp of what the writer is trying to attempt and tell them where they need to improve and possibly give them a few suggestions of what can be done.

I tend to be one with stories too, but writing stories for others is not my thing.

I would gladly help someone make a manga. I could help them with the story, that's what I would do. am a very good artist but I have never really practiced manga style art.

It isn't a manga specifically, but I am helping out with a visual novel project that @Cy~ is working on - providing feedback and ideas for things like background info, character interactions, story flow, and things of that nature, in addition to making a few rough prototype sketches of key characters.

• Like 1

If someone asked I would help. Like most everyone else I would help with the story more than the art. Ideally I'd help with any editing. I like to tell stories but I would be embarrassed for people to read something I wrote.

I would help where possible, yes. I absolutely cannot draw at all. :D

I'm very skilled with image manipulation though, so I'd happily edit it all together. I could contribute with the story too, I'm decent with writing.

I like to tell stories but I would be embarrassed for people to read something I wrote.

Oh, I'm absolutely the same. If it was made public, I know a lot of people would demand credit... I'd be desperately trying to ditch it :?

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

Oh good, I'm glad I found this thread. I'm new on here and the main reason I can on here was to share a few manga ideas that I had, in search of artists to help me with creating the manga. These ideas are for seinen demographics than anything. Sure, shonen mangas are really awesome, like Naruto, My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute, My Hero Academia, SAO (love-hate within this community, I know), One Piece, etc, I really like Seinen series like Death Note, Death Parade (not a manga, I know), Steins;Gate (not a manga either, I know), Mysterious Girlfriend X, Tokyo Goul, Elfen Lied, Parasyte, etc. I want to specialize in Seinen stories, and I think I have it in me to do so. I will include a link for anybody to read the premises that I have written for three seinen stories that I have. They are untitled right now, but eventually, if any of them pick up, I will have titles for them. If you would like some more info for any of these synopses, then don't hesitate to ask. I would prefer these questions to be asked in this thread to prevent repetition of questions. If you have any suggestions for any of these, then don't hesitate to drop one.

Well, here are the synopses: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CliWyQuKJxPsE3MkElN885nLJRWq8v4yHpeo15Ysmb8/edit?usp=sharing

Oh, btw, I should mention that all of these stories are allegories!

Edited by Guest

As an author and a dabbling artist ( can only draw anime style and dragon art lol ) I would be honored to help someone ) with their manga if I was asked.

My cousin and I have been talking about turning some of our fantasy stories into manga or possibly even anime.

Edited by Guest

It would be awesome to make a manga unfortunately I am horrible at drawing anime but I practice drawing and animating so one day I can make something I have created a few animations I am willing to post..

I am an author, my step daughter is an awesome artist, but none of us have the first clue about animation. I was thinking about getting some text books and studying.

Its not as difficult to do.. When I wanted to start animating I ran into this site

[spoiler=Link]https://washiblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/anime-production-detailed-guide-to-how-anime-is-made-and-the-talent-behind-it/

It helped me understand animation process better...

Right now I use https://www.pencil2d.org/ to animate...

You should know it takes can take up to 20k frames to make a short episode anime...

Not worried about that lol. As I stated before I work graves, but what I might not have mentioned is that at work I generally do half hour pushes. the nature of the business has us doing half an hour on the floor half an hour in the break room therefore I have an over abundance of time.

Not worried about that lol. As I stated before I work graves, but what I might not have mentioned is that at work I generally do half hour pushes. the nature of the business has us doing half an hour on the floor half an hour in the break room therefore I have an over abundance of time.

Thats pretty useful I guess but I would get bored pretty fast..

If I can ever help in the future just ask!

Edited by Guest

lol i'm 47 with a pat IRA just needed something to coast to retirement. This job gives me time and is easy lol couldn't ask for more. Plus the pay is excellent.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic