A better Understanding of points

RepentantSky

Question

Just due to how I'm generally curious about things, I started watching how people's points who would often post would go, including my own. I saw that certain posts would garner more points and that sometimes posting a new thread wouldn't generate any, which seems to go against the explanation of how the points work. I also tried by changing my name and out of curiosity to see what would happen if you were spent points and then posted. Turns out, as far as I can tell that, you get a lot of points after spending a few, or at least more than you would if you posted several times in a row after spending then if you just posted several times in a row. It also seems that after a certain amount of posts, you stop getting points even if you meet several criteria that's expected in order to gain them.

Now personally, I don't care much about points, because I don't really spend them that often, but the amount of points that you get, even when following the guidelines intentionally, seems to be less then it should, and I don't know why, but it seems like those who are newer who post often seem to gain more points than those who have been around a bit longer who post just as often. I'm suggesting a proper update be made to the explanation of how points are distributed, because I feel like it's not not detailed enough.

1 answer to this question

Hi @RepentantSky ,

Thanks for your question.

In the interest of transparency I have publicly opened up the Transaction log which you should be able to view here:

https://animeforums.net/community/credits

To clarify, post/thread related points should only be awarded in the anime discussion areas.

Looking at the most recent entries it looks like it is working OK but perhaps you've noticed an anomaly, bug or glitch.

There are also events where points are awarded manually from time to time.