New Technology

Greeneyes

Tell us or show us new Technology that interests you a new keyboard/pc/device or something new entirely share it!!!

Samsung Galaxy S8 Not the newest but I seen it and I thought it was a nice design water proof and easy to access.

samsung_galaxy_s8_64gb_midnight_black_front_sku_header.png.9f217ab6358356be53aed114fcf0207f.png

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Tell us or show us new Technology that interests you a new keyboard/pc/device or something new entirely share it!!!

Samsung Galaxy S8 Not the newest but I seen it and I thought it was a nice design water proof and easy to access.

[ATTACH=full]32789[/ATTACH]

I got this literally just after launch, I got the s8+ black version,

I had the s6 edge and the battery was just terrible so I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

but I agree I do like the design of this phone and the screen quality is amazing *_*

• Like 1

I got this literally just after launch, I got the s8+ black version,

I had the s6 edge and the battery was just terrible so I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

but I agree I do like the design of this phone and the screen quality is amazing *_*

I want one so bad :'( NOT FAIR

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the S8 is surely nice to look at but you need to wait for the upcoming iPhone 8. It will also have a big screen like the S8, even bigger actually. And the screen will be 120Hz, so it will be smooth af. This was never seen on a smartphone, so they will be the first one with it. But the bad thing about it, is that it will cost about 1200$. That means I can't get one. xD :cries:

3480.jpg.c1de8b9dac279c3b6c3329ef1303ed9b.jpg

Yes the S8 is surely nice to look at but you need to wait for the upcoming iPhone 8. It will also have a big screen like the S8, even bigger actually. And the screen will be 120Hz, so it will be smooth af. This was never seen on a smartphone, so they will be the first one with it. But the bad thing about it, is that it will cost about 1200$. That means I can't get one. xD :cries:

[ATTACH=full]32838[/ATTACH]

personally, I had one iPhone and I will never go back to one, they are over priced and you don't get anything better, the hardware is always way behind any other phones out there, so many better ones out there to get, I do like the design and the os is more optimized as it's done in house, but it's locked down so it's not something that is much use to me and like you said they are very expensive for less.. i am looking forward to see what they will release

but it's locked down so it's not something that is much use to me

Personally I prefer that due to the industry I work in. We made it mandatory for any mobile device that houses our information it must be iOS and banned all Android devices from our organization (~4,000 people). Made it easy for our IT team to offer support to mobile users and made my job in Information Security far easier due to the vast improvements in security iOS has over Android.

If you want to customize you can always jailbreak, but iOS has opened up a lot in the most recent versions. I had android for a few years as I liked customizing it far more, but after iOS 8 I returned as the walled garden started opening up more. With iOS 11 it's going to open up much more drastically due to the way apps can work together far more in-depth.

Plus, the one issue I had with Android, it was rare anything just worked as it should. My normal texting habits would crash most texting apps, my phone would overheat and crash a few times a week (LG G3 when it was new, S6, OnePlus1). That's one complaint I've never had with an iOS device. They just work, they get updates for usually 4 years (rather than 1-2 if you're lucky) and all at the same time (rather than 6-12 months after Google releases it), they are far more secure than Android, and apps always work well as they only have a few models to build for rather than many variants.

but you need to wait for the upcoming iPhone 8. It will also have a big screen like the S8, even bigger actually. And the screen will be 120Hz, so it will be smooth af. This was never seen on a smartphone, so they will be the first one with it. But the bad thing about it, is that it will cost about 1200$. That means I can't get one. xD :cries:

As long as it doesn't replace fingerprint with facial recognition (at least keep the fingerprint too) and still has a plus size then I'll buy it. They'll still have an iPhone 7S so you can always upgrade to that for the normal prize rather than the fancy iPhone 8 / Edition.

Personally I prefer that due to the industry I work in. We made it mandatory for any mobile device that houses our information it must be iOS and banned all Android devices from our organization (~4,000 people). Made it easy for our IT team to offer support to mobile users and made my job in Information Security far easier due to the vast improvements in security iOS has over Android.

If you want to customize you can always jailbreak, but iOS has opened up a lot in the most recent versions. I had android for a few years as I liked customizing it far more, but after iOS 8 I returned as the walled garden started opening up more. With iOS 11 it's going to open up much more drastically due to the way apps can work together far more in-depth.

Plus, the one issue I had with Android, it was rare anything just worked as it should. My normal texting habits would crash most texting apps, my phone would overheat and crash a few times a week (LG G3 when it was new, S6, OnePlus1). That's one complaint I've never had with an iOS device. They just work, they get updates for usually 4 years (rather than 1-2 if you're lucky) and all at the same time (rather than 6-12 months after Google releases it), they are far more secure than Android, and apps always work well as they only have a few models to build for rather than many variants.

As long as it doesn't replace fingerprint with facial recognition (at least keep the fingerprint too) and still has a plus size then I'll buy it. They'll still have an iPhone 7S so you can always upgrade to that for the normal prize rather than the fancy iPhone 8 / Edition.

yes i agree, for work purposes IOS is good, most company's do use iPhones because IOS its secure and locked down quite well.

my company also does this. yeah, you do get the odd glitch or crash from time to time on android but this is because this OS made by google and then sent to other manufacturers and it isn't optimized for all these phones out there, sure the other companies do make adjustments but its never gonna be as good as something in house. but you tend to get more innovation with android phones and you get better hardware and I can customize it so much, like you said apple are doing more and maybe i may even get one some day.

with i phones due to their hardware not being as good as android phones after a few years it struggles with tasks, not sure if this is still the case or not.

i know they have improved recently but they are very slow in doing so.

i do think all high-end android/iphones are good. the better the competition the better for the consumer.

you just have to pick your phone depending on your needs and your budget.