A sports anime for a total beginner?

Cy~

Can anyone recommend a sports anime (or four or five) for someone that doesn't know much about sports but just plain enjoys watching on occasion? (I'll watch anything that is amusing, as long as it isn't swimming in fan service and has decent writing.)

Basically, I have always wanted to try out a sports-related anime, but I end up looking at the genre list on one of the anime listing sites and having a mild panic attack. Where in the world do you start if you don't even know what you're looking for?!

I'm hoping that someone here can help me out a bit, and throw some recommendations at me, because I'm actually really hopeless at digging through old anime and looking for something that I'd actually enjoy.

• Like 1

I guess Free! is out of topic haha.

There is currently a little amount of sport animes i would recommend to you since i'm watching almost no sport related animes right now. I will just list a few anime series which i enjoyed the most.

Prince of Stride and Battery (these are rather less known animes compared to Kuroko no Basket or Haikyuu but worth watching)

I would like to add Cheer Danshi in advance as i'm planning to watch it soon.

[spoiler=Prince of Stride]Prince of Stride is more or less an anime of the sport "Stride". Just think it's like relay race.

large.gif.d03cebab92e48e70157550a1d21b30c6.gif

[spoiler=Battery]Battery is around the sport "Baseball", i guess the beginning of this anime was abit boring to me but it's nicely done anyway, check this out and make your own experiences.

tumblr_od8t609XMB1qe7wb7o1_500.gif.5bcf275dbffdbd8003584a70b476a504.gif

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

Slam dunk read it or watch it but you have to experience it it's one of the best there is IMO.

There's also Giant Crushing about a coach who's coaching a shitty team that's also good. Haikuyu is also a good contender.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic