A trademark that I can't make sense of

Sonic Whammy

Hey guys. Got a weird one for you if you're a cosplayer. (I assume there's a lot of you here, I hope.)

I just posted in my latest news of the week video about something very weird that I stumbled across. Not a requirement to see it, but

, I talk about a Facebook friend who shared proof of a group called Cosplay Deviants actually filing a trademark last year on the #1 phrase we all share in convention etiquette, "Cosplay is not consent."

I've been baffled over this. I'll ask the same question here as I did on the video: How would enforcing such a copyright actually work, and could any of us legitimately get sued or anything similar by them if they heard us say it?

Anyone wanna try this one?

I was not aware that Cosplay Deviants held any trademark. What's more, I found a facebook page called Cosplay is Not Consent, and they have a url called Cosplay is not consent, that actually leads to tumblr page with a bunch of art about how cosplay is not consent. However, what I cannot find is anything to back up the claim that it's been trademarked. Do you perhaps have a source anywhere that shows that the trademark was officially registered? It should be a public record. It is a potentially interesting topic though provided its validation can be proven.

There is picture proof, I showed it in the video, but I will definitely search a little deeper. The whole thing has been wacky to me since it first came across my desk. Even more so when I actually took a look at the Deviants site and saw the kind of cosplayers they are.