AF Mafia

Orius

It's that party game you know and love, Mafia! (also known as "Werewolf") The premise of it is quite simple: Each player is given one of two roles: "mafia" and "innocent". The goal is to figure out whom among you are the mafioso. Simple, right? Not necessarily, as here's where the game gets trickier.

See, there were many variations of the game throughout the history of Internet forums. A famous one I know was a mix of roleplaying and mafia. It allows players to pick their favorite comic book character. The GM (game manager) would then describe in detail how each of the "mafioso" would kill the innocents (using those characters' various superpowers). In between the killings, the characters could also interact with each other in a fun multiverse storyline (this also helps them learn who the real mafioso or killer is). This version of the Mafia game was called "The Traitor Game".

The problem with the above format is that it's a rather complicated RP to 'manage'. Because there are so many different characters from different stories, the GM would have to plan properly for the RP to accommodate all those characters with their various superpowers and backstories. This is usually where I messed up in my past attempts to imitate this because the convoluted nature made me abandoned the RPs.

So, long story short, let's start simple with a forum game, not an RP. You can still pick your favorite characters and act or roleplay them out, but this won't be a real RP with a storyline. This is why I chose not to post this in the roleplay section. If this goes well, I might add more roleplay elements to the game in the next series, but for now, I don't want to jump the gun. I don't have the time right now to manage a full-length roleplay anyway.

To refresh you on the rules:

Rules

1. For simplicity sake, I'll only assign one Traitor for this first game. If the Traitor's identity is discovered before the game is over, then I'll simply announce his identity and assign another one. :D

2. After I've announced the beginning of the game, I'll contact the Traitor through a private message and ask which Civilian he/she wants to kill off.

3. In the meantime, the Civilians will post a public vote in the thread whom they think is the Traitor. You will all have three days to cast a vote. Do note that the game will move on after these three days even if everyone hasn't submitted their vote yet. Also note that the Traitor hiding among the Civilians can also vote against Civilians as well.

4. Place your vote by simply bolding and underlining the name you want to vote against, i.e.: Orius I'll count the list of names listed in such a fashion at the end of each voting session.

5. At the end of each voting session, one person (and only one) will be cast off from the game. If there are the same amount of votes for more than one person, for example, there will be a tie-breaker (through the aid of a third party vote). Whether if the person with the most votes is a Traitor or Civilian doesn't matter - he'll be forced to leave the game all the same.

6. After everyone has voted, I'll announce who is dead and whether if the exiled member is the Traitor... or a falsely accused Civilian.

7. Rinse and repeat as needed till there are two people left. At which point, I'll announce who the real Traitor is.

Small Detail About Playing A Character

As I said, you're allowed to pick your favorite character and act him/her out like a roleplay. Doesn't matter if he's from an anime or not. How it works is that, while voting, you can add flavor to your dialogue while posting about whom you want to vote against. That's it.

Whether you want to add a backstory to your character or not isn't necessary. Again, this isn't a roleplay, it's just a casual forum game with roleplay elements.

There is no sign up form because it isn't needed. All you need to do is say you're interested and which character you want to play as. That's it. :) Hope to get at least 10 people to play, if not 5.

The Hostages:

1. Kirry - Tanya Degurechaff (Youjo Senki)

2. Sekkarou - Herself

3. Scrooge - Themself

4. zin - Herself

5. Nectar - Himself

6. zoop - Queen Zoop Zooperton VII

7. Wedgy - Themself

The Deceased:

1. Tanya Degurechaff (Kirry)

The Exiled:

1. Scrooge

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm willing to give this a try. Since there's no RP (and I'm honestly not going to add any sort of backstory or get into character), would I still need to choose a character or could I possibly play as myself?

I'm in either way

• Like 2

I'm willing to give this a try. Since there's no RP (and I'm honestly not going to add any sort of backstory or get into character), would I still need to choose a character or could I possibly play as myself?

I'm in either way

I think either which is fine, since this isn't a roleplay. The character is merely to add flavor.

Thanks for joining! :D

• Like 1

I'm in. I've always saw these types of games but I never really understood them. Mostly cause I did not have time to enjoy them or I was too late to enter.

In any case, I'll join in as...

Tanya Degurechaff (youjo senki)

59e21789318e6_giphy(4).gif.dedbadef18ba0cfe28a62af3ad863e69.gif

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I'm in. I've always saw these types of games but I never really understood them. Mostly cause I did not have time to enjoy them or I was too late to enter.

In any case, I'll join in as...

Tanya Degurechaff (youjo senki)

Done! :D Welcome to the game. Brace yourself... and have fun! :naughty:

Now we just need a few more. We need at least 5 people to make it fun.

• Like 1

Now here's a challenge, think whether to use "Herself" or "Himself". huehue.

That's my first thought when I did that for Kohloo actually. Huehuehue...

Well, I'll just use the default pronoun people use when unsure of gender... Yes, it is grammatically accepted. I've done my research on that! :P

Edited by Guest
  • Funny 1

Omayghad. And I was doing so well...

Huehuehuehahahahahahah ahhahah haha *chokes*

*cough* Now. I'll spam tag again. and again. AND AGAINZ.

@zoop @Cy~ @brycec @Wedgy @Wodahs @RyePotatoes @Davis @Nectar @Viper @Muco @Scrooge @RepentantSky @Teru @Peacock

THERE IS NO IF, JUST WHEN.

You will join. I will find you. And when I do. I'll force you to watch Boku no Pico.

Okay. Time for a nap.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

Someone dragged me from my peaceful life to participate in this so count me in as myself :angel:

Welcome to the club. Hope you'll enjoy the game! :D

After we get our fifth player, I think I'll give it a day or two for more people to join up before starting. :)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

At least 5 huh? I call out and demand the following people participate

@zoop @Cy~ @Sekkarou @brycec @Wedgy @Wodahs @RyePotatoes @Davis @Nectar @Viper @Muco @Scrooge @RepentantSky @Teru @Peacock

Huehuehuehahahahahahah ahhahah haha *chokes*

*cough* Now. I'll spam tag again. and again. AND AGAINZ.

@zoop @Cy~ @brycec @Wedgy @Wodahs @RyePotatoes @Davis @Nectar @Viper @Muco @Scrooge @RepentantSky @Teru @Peacock

THERE IS NO IF, JUST WHEN.

You will join. I will find you. And when I do. I'll force you to watch Boku no Pico.

Okay. Time for a nap.

i don't think a Potato can do much in a Mafia @Kirry nee san :P

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

How come some peeps have colors in their name? Are they like, super important?

Nah, it's just to fit the username glow they purchased from the AF shop. :P See how some of our usernames glow and others don't? I was just trying to match those, that's all. ;)

• Like 1