Anime/Manga Recommendations subforum

Reinhard

Question

I recommend adding a new subforum for Anime/Manga recommendations. By adding this, users will receive a specific place to ask for recommendations and a place to ask what series a certain image or character is from. Furthermore, users will more easily see someone's thread, threads will receive more attention than in General Anime, and people will easily be able to look through past threads.

Prefixes could be used to show what medium (anime, manga, light novel, or Identify This) a user wants.

Possible rules/guidelines:

1. No troll recommendations (like Boku no Pico).

2. Give a reason as to why a user should watch the show (prevent one word posts).

3. A limit on how many shows one may recommend per thread. This will encourage people to only recommend the best shows instead of naming everything that fits.

Thank you for your consideration.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Hi @Reinhard,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm not sure how I completely missed this - my sincerest apologies! @_@

Recommendations is a tricky area as there are a lot of good anime recommendations out there which quickly get buried as new posts are made. I think blog articles or maybe even extending user profiles to allow anime recommendations or favourite anime titles would be a better approach.

For now:

• anime recommendation threads have been tagged with #recommmendations
  • "which anime is this" and "who is this character" threads have been tagged with #identify

These tags aren't the best but it's a start until I think of a better solution long-term.

I'm open to any other feedback from other members on this one!

Edited by Guest