Anime of the Season (Fall 2016)

Optic

The Fall 2016 anime season is coming to a close. This season felt a little average... @_@

I watched the following titles:

• Ajin 2nd season
  • Izetta, The Last Witch
  • Sound Euphonium 2nd Season
  • Magical Girl Raising Project
  • Brave Witches
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans 2nd season

Now having said that there were still some titles I enjoyed - my top favourites:

1. Ajin 2nd Season

ajin-2nd-season.thumb.jpg.f4352742c58eb24b63ff8770e19681b2.jpg

For me Ajin 2nd Season has my vote. It was a high octane thriller all the way through since the first season. The idea of having other humans called ajin that couldn't die and having them slowly chastised as villains was thrilling. Satou I felt was also a great badass Ajin villain. The showdown with Satou and Nagai and co. was brilliant too. Although the animation felt jerky at first I quickly got used to it.

2. Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans 2nd season

mobile-suit-gundam_iron-blooded_orphans-2.thumb.jpg.539b3083c03634f4f7601a23053eb1c0.jpg

A very solid Mobile Suit Gundam series. From the first season we observed human slaves from Mars become something bigger than they ever imagined through Tekkadan. Sunrise as usual made some really solid mecha combat scenes, from the ones in Mars, space, Earth and various colonies. I especially liked the scenes and chemistry between Orga and Mikazuki. Even if Mikazuki was at times quiet and overpowered, he was still likable.

3. Brave Witches

brave-witches5.thumb.jpg.b5acd2f5002b77c5612185977b7521ac.jpg

Like Strike Witches, this series focused on witches that have striker units modelled after WW2 planes and weapons. Although the animation and combat scenes were below average, it was nice to see the 502nd. I especially loved the moments the 502nd had with meeting some of the 501st. Overall was a nice charming series that followed on after Strike Witches and Hikari certainly gave me my much needed genki character fix! :angel:

The other titles I watched were decent - with the exception of Magical Girl Raising Project, which was disappointing.

Which anime titles did you enjoy this season and why? Any titles you didn't you enjoy?

• Like 3

I only watched a few titles this season. That being said, #1 has to go to...

3 Gatsu No Lion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL5nnx4vd7k

This delightful story about a professional Shogi player and his struggle with coming to terms with tragedy and the movement of time is a beautiful mosaic on life. The art? Gorgeous. Music? Beautiful. And the story is the perfect, light web of character development that any Slice of Life anime should be. Truly the most beautiful anime of the season (out of what I watched, anyway).

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic