Attack on Titan - General Discussion

Moster82

Anyone watching this???

There is lots and lots of fans in Singapore who is spazzing over this anime right now in Singapore compared to other 'higher profile' anime...

I read the manga and watched it, quite alright and good if I must say... Idea behind this anime was kinda orginal... At least from what I watch and read... Give it a go, you might like it!

Tho there is a little gore in it... as humans get killed like folders... with blood spilling everywhere...

• 3 weeks later...

Sure as hell it's a very popular show (we're getting steady 100k+ downloads every ep), but I don't think it's all that exceptional.

It's a shonen show full of action. The art is ages better in the anime than the manga, which is a relief (I hated the manga's art). As for the writing, the plot seems to be quite cliched with all the dark and gloomy conspiracies in the background, and the drama is the standard you can expect from a well-selling shonen (the likes of Naruto).

The dialog's quite simple, but I don't mind that. Current goal: translating an episode in 90 min. (I think I couldn't manage it under 2 hours so far.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I LOVE this Anime (will read the manga soon). I love the storyline because it gets me screaming. I can't count how many times I've said OMG OMG OMG haha.

I really like the art in the anime.

• 4 months later...

attack-on-titan-1.thumb.jpg.30f4fa9e2b3676c0c0a6f111a29711f3.jpg

Episodes:
25 + 2 OVA

Aired:
April 6, 2013 - September 28, 2013

Genre:

Rating:
R - 17+ (Violence & Profanity)

So Attack on Titan was a highly anticipated anime. It became extremely popular a few days or weeks after it got release. Seriously almost everyone I knew were watching it like crazy. I gave the anime a shot and now...

G4OtnAU.gif.29f9ebe9ecf6eb52536077a3caeae250.gif

I highly recommend it!

• 3 months later...

I did enjoy it, but parts of it felt a little lacking. It took a while to really get rolling for me, the first 4-5 episodes dragged on and on, and I actually dropped it for a few months because I was bored out of my mind.

I picked it up again and marathonned it in about 4 days, and it was alright. The middle arc was really good, but possibly a little long. They could have condensed it a little and still had the same effect. The ending left me wanting more, but mostly because I was unsatisfied. We went through this massive, epic arc full of the good stuff, and then the finale just sort of...ended.

This anime is sooooo good! I was holding my breath at moments when it got so dangerous running for the titans! I watched this anime in 2 days gosh! I can't wait for the next season.

That first opening Theme is so good too! It's my fav at the moment.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This was such a good anime, it had my spine tingling, sending goosebumps up my arms. Then the titans are created awesomely!! I would recommend this anime to anyone. I think I mite marathon this one next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In all honesty here, I personally don't think that Attack On Titan really is all that great :-/

I've seen the anime series only once through, but haven't watched it again since :P

I dunno why, it's just never really appealed to me as a hugely popular series :-/

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Maybe it's just been creeping up on me, but I really noticed that the art in this chapter looks fantastic, especially comparing it to the earlier chapters. In particular, the facial expressions look a lot less goofy and feel far more genuine and realistic, even if they're still a bit exaggerated.

• 1 month later...
Goddamn attack on titan gets so boring after awhile. I honestly haven't seen a slower anime.

I highly recommend it!

I think it depends on your personal interests in genre. While I will admit it took a few episodes for me to really get hooked in, I eventually found it to be one of my top favorites. The animation is beautiful, the soundtrack is amazing and while I would have preferred more character development for some of the characters, it didn't leave me bitter about it. The action and suspense was really what makes this series worth while. There were scenes that had me on the edge of my seat. But again, it is all personal taste.

[ATTACH=full]27288[/ATTACH]

Episodes:
25 + 2 OVA

Aired:
April 6, 2013 - September 28, 2013

Genre:

Rating:
R - 17+ (Violence & Profanity)

So Attack on Titan was a highly anticipated anime. It became extremely popular a few days or weeks after it got release. Seriously almost everyone I knew were watching it like crazy. I gave the anime a shot and now...

[ATTACH=full]27289[/ATTACH]

I highly recommend it!

I personally think Attack on titan is an amazing anime with a visual experience to make you cum your pants, shocks and unexpected events you'll be punching your screen over. There were some parts which arguably are just filler and alot of people say its boring but the way the story shifts in both the anime and manga is both unexpected and just makes you want to keep watching. That said while im on the topic of the manga does anyone else love where its going? I mean i dont wanna drop any spoilers but its everything i hoped for and more dont even get me started on what was in the basement.

79d14fd30c2dfca7fbe10a641a5af653.jpg.f2ba14d2e27b1fee4716aed801e7f8b5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I did enjoy it, but parts of it felt a little lacking. It took a while to really get rolling for me, the first 4-5 episodes dragged on and on, and I actually dropped it for a few months because I was bored out of my mind.

I picked it up again and marathonned it in about 4 days, and it was alright. The middle arc was really good, but possibly a little long. They could have condensed it a little and still had the same effect. The ending left me wanting more, but mostly because I was unsatisfied. We went through this massive, epic arc full of the good stuff, and then the finale just sort of...ended.

I completely agree with you. It was in some ways very unsatisfying and felt like they just dragged along the plot till it was all dried out...

This anime is sooooo good! I was holding my breath at moments when it got so dangerous running for the titans! I watched this anime in 2 days gosh! I can't wait for the next season.

That first opening Theme is so good too! It's my fav at the moment.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van AN Community Forums

You know right! The fight scenes using the 3d manuever gear looked so cool!

This was such a good anime, it had my spine tingling, sending goosebumps up my arms. Then the titans are created awesomely!! I would recommend this anime to anyone. I think I mite marathon this one next week.

If you liked the anime you should read the manga too

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic