BABYMETAL ANIME!

SAO LILDOOP

BABYMETAL, my favorite metal band ever is getting there own anime produced by warner bro's!

http://www.geek.com/television/babymetal-launches-us-anime-series-1673435/

It is said the show will include live action performances in it as well as anime.

The release date is: Not yet announced (can update upon obtaining further info)

I am very excited about this! How about you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=yIVRs6YSbOM;t=335

BabyMetal-Fanart-babymetal-37134168-640-451.jpg.c0577115abf9fad5c7a8197226c1822e.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I'm not an avid BABYMETAL fan so I guess that I can approach the topic a bit more objectively and this feels like a publicity stunt. Just getting a ''short animated series'' based on a band should be alarming enough but that public statement pretty much cements it. It seems to be more about BABYMETAL than a standalone show. If I've wanted to listen to BABYMETAL I'd simply listen to BABYMETAL it'll never live up to the high standards they've set up for themselves.

It just feels like a glorified fanservice and I don't really have a problem with that since I guess that I'm not member of their target demographic anyway. Their fans will probably like it and it'll probably be a commercial successes so at the end of the day everyone involved will be happy which is what matters the most.(?)

• Like 1

I'm not an avid BABYMETAL fan so I guess that I can approach the topic a bit more objectively and this feels like a publicity stunt. Just getting a ''short animated series'' based on a band should be alarming enough but that public statement pretty much cements it. It seems to be more about BABYMETAL than a standalone show. If I've wanted to listen to BABYMETAL I'd simply listen to BABYMETAL it'll never live up to the high standards they've set up for themselves.

It just feels like a glorified fanservice and I don't really have a problem with that since I guess that I'm not member of their target demographic anyway. Their fans will probably like it and it'll probably be a commercial successes so at the end of the day everyone involved will be happy which is what matters the most.(?)

*cough*AKB*cough*

I'm surprised AKB doesn't have an anime, unless they do.

^

I've never heard of this AKB before but they seem generic. :P

Guess that I'm not a fan of the Japanese popular culture and just how over the top it is with it's portrays of Idols and superstars in general. It's pretty well summed up in maid cafes with overly scripted idealized environment that couldn't possibly exist in the outside world but that they're trying so hard to push by making it seem as if it was all real to a point when it becomes uncomfortable. Guess that's where the cultural differences kick in.

^

I've never heard of this AKB before but they seem generic. :P

Guess that I'm not a fan of the Japanese popular culture and just how over the top it is with it's portrays of Idols and superstars in general. It's pretty well summed up in maid cafes with overly scripted idealized environment that couldn't possibly exist in the outside world but that they're trying so hard to push by making it seem as if it was all real to a point when it becomes uncomfortable. Guess that's where the cultural differences kick in.

They're super popular, but I really hate what they represent and who they technically cater to. That "scandal" from a few years ago was ridiculous. Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic