Best GPU for 3D modelling

Kohe

Hi guys. I currently use a GTX 780 Ti for my main system, the rest of my system is also in fairly good shape. I was wondering what card you people think is the best for 3D modelling, I have been doing this for at least 3 months now, creating models for games and personal use ;) I have not had much luck with my system with this though, it can take me hours to render something as small as a hand and I feel as if I am lacking, I have searched the web but they all point to indirect links that don't even work. I use "Maya" for my modeling and I just don't feel as if something is right. Any suggestions on what to do

• Creative 1

AMD is going to be releasing a new GPU in the middle of 2017 known as Vega. I'd wait and see what they have to offer with the Vega GPU. It will at least cause Nvidia to slash prices on their current lineup. If you absolutely need a GPU now, then I'd look into the AMD RX 480. It will age much better than GTX 1060 due to the fine wine™ technology of AMD.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

ill keep watch here as I was lookin at upgrading my gtx 780 gpu to a gtx 1080 , but for no main reason

was also looking at upgrading my projector to a 4k unit for this pc and adding some ssd memory

tho I believe the main draw back I currently have is my OS (win 8.1pro 64nit) and the internet provider I have

the rest of my system (htpc) is (i think) pretty good with little gains to expense to upgrade as specs are

MB is a Gigabyte X99 - UD4 with 32gig of ram and a I7 - 5820 cpu

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1