Blood Blockade Battlefront (Kekkai Sensen)

Yuuki_Radosian

[FLOAT_RIGHT]59e216b936961_KekkaiSensen.thumb.jpg.d6b128c0452506df95e0dbf3cd605406.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

One day, New York City as we know it vanished overnight into a mysterious fog. Now known as Hellusalem Road, it has become a place where another world beyond imagining is connected to our reality. The balance within this new world is protected by a secret society known as Libra. Leo, a journalist and photographer who arrives in the city, is unexpectedly recruited to join their ranks.

Releasing:Apr 5, 2015

The preview looks great and I am expecting the series to good (judging from previous work from Bones that I have seen).Any thoughts ?

[spoiler=Preview]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAgFm51zo64

Wow... after watching that preview, it seems like I have yet another anime to add to this season. xD

Hopefully, it will live up to the preview, as well as being better than the manga, as it only is in the 60's for both MAL and AniList.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good first episode.

I like how they started the show at the restaurant, and ended it there as well. Also, I hope they go more into his power, and each member's power and backstory. This show has a lot of potential if they do things right.

[spoiler=Episode 1]

We start off in the future , where Michella receives a letter from Leo (Leonardo Watch our main character) , her brother.

We meet Leo for the first time while he chases a monkey that has stolen his camera and is somehow mistaken by Zap (Zap Renfro) for the new recruit for the secret organisation Libra.

He is taken to their base where he meets Klaus (Klaus V. Reinherts) and Chain Sumeragi and they discover that he is not the new recruit.

Femt (our bad guy) starts a "game" in which a gate will open allowing a demon to be summoned unless someone destroys it before the demon can find it, we see how Leo got his eyes (Eyes of the Gods) and he is invited to join Libra.

Leo and Zap catch up to the monkey and Leo uses his eyes to find the gate , which is on a flea on the monkey , and destroys it foiling Femt's plan.

A really great first episode.

I really enjoyed the introduction to the city and all of the characters , there was great action and I am really hoping to see more of each characters powers.

I also really liked the little time skip from the beginning showing a little into the future , can't wait to meet some of those characters and see their powers.

Episode 2 was both funny and awesome , and I really enjoyed seeing more of Leo both in normal life and in his work with Libra.

[spoiler=Episode 2]

Leo delivers pizza (his day job) to Zap who refuses to pay and then keeps popping up wherever Leo goes.

While riding around with Zap , Leo discovers a demon truck disguised as a cleaning truck, carrying humans to be eaten by demons.

Leo is kidnapped and the Libra team uses Zap's blood thread to follow the demons.

Leo uses his power to cause the truck to crash just before the team shows up to rescue him.

Leo wakes up in hospital and is congratulated by the team.

While spending the day at the hospital under observation , to make sure he is healthy enough to leave , Leo finds a graveyard in the hospital grounds and meets a girl named White who claims to be a ghost.

I really enjoyed seeing a little more of Leo's power and the whole escapade with Zap was hilarious.

I also enjoyed seeing how Klaus was so gullible when it came to Zap's reply to guarding Leo.

[spoiler=Episode 2]Really good episode this week. I like how Leo tried his best to escape without relying on them by using his own powers. I really wish this was a two cour anime though, as that would be cool. Also, White seems like an interesting character, and hopefully becomes Leo's partner or something.

[spoiler=Episode 3]Really enjoyed this week's episode. Would have liked to see more of the MC and the ghost though. Strange, they kinda make a good pair. I wonder if she will help him out on missions and stuff as well.

[spoiler=Episode 3]

This weeks episode felt , more than anything , like a set up for the next bit of action .

I feel that that the whole Prosfair game was overplayed although I did like seeing Klaus in a situation where even he knew that he should forget trying to win and just try to make it out alive.

I really enjoyed the whole eviction scene with Leo and I think that the ghost has some info that she is holding out on which we will probably hear more of later in the series.

[spoiler=Episode 4]

I was a little cncerned about Leo's eyes and I am really looking forward to seeing what happens with the vampires,

I hope Leo finds a way to keep up in the battles to come.

[spoiler=Episode 5]Really glad they are strongly shipping Leo and the ghost girl. Leo seems to have more of a part in missions now, and seeing these missions play out is kinda interesting to watch as well. Really looking forward to next week's episode.

[spoiler=Episode 5]

It was cool to see Leo use his eyes in a new way and the new guy was awesome , I would like to see more of his power and find out what the true extent of Leo's powers are.

I enjoyed Leo's little date but it left me wondering about the "ghost" girls story.

[spoiler=Episode 6]

I enjoyed Neji's story , it was quite touching .

I was happy to see more of Leo's abilities and I am anxious to learn more about Black , it seems like he could be a very interesting character.

[spoiler=Episode 6]Glad we could see more Leo along with White. I hope she gets at least a bit more screen time later. That fight for the next episode looks like it will be cool though. Also, I wonder why Black lied and said that he had never met Leo before.

[spoiler=Episode 7]Pretty good episode, and cool to see Klaus beat the crap out of all those monsters. Also, learning Black's identity was interesting, and I wonder if he is going to betray Leo or something like that. Also, still hoping on a Leo x White pairing, but with only six episodes left, it doesn't look like thats going to happen. D:

[spoiler=Episode 7]

Zapp's plan to tire out Klaus was quite interesting because we got to see Klause fight , well not so much fight as completely destroy all of his opponents except the owner.

Finding out that Black was one of the three Kings was a little surprising but not totally unexpected .

After seeing Black's reaction to Leo's comment on White being a ghost I am interested as to what happened to her and what she really is.

[spoiler=Episode 8]

Zapp's master was amazing and seeing Zapp concentrate and fight well was great.

Seeing a bit more of Black and White helped confirm some suspicions and raise a whole bunch of new ones.

Next episode should be quite interesting.

[spoiler=Episode 9]

Zapp's fellow Big Dipper style student (Zed) is left in his care , this should cause a lot of hilarious fighting.

Sealing the vampire was rather cool , especially the co-ordination between Zapp and Zed.

White is having a hard time with her brothers alternate personality/ vampire and I hope she makes the right decision and that Leo can help her in some way.

[spoiler=Episode 10]With Leo being cornered like that, it should be interesting to see how this all plays out. I wonder if White will end up on Leo's side, or if Black will manipulate her to the end.

[spoiler=Episode 10]

White and Black have got Leo all to themselves , hopefully Leo can get out of this and still find a way to help White save her brother.

The food search was pretty funny but I would like to see some more of Sonic (the sonic monkey).

Hopefully Leo doesn't loose his eyes next week.

[spoiler=Episode 11]

We learn more of Black and White before Leo is kidnapped and used by the King of Despair.

After seeing white killed I wonder what Leo will end up doing , I hope he can save Black from the King of Despair and possibly White (through some miracle) , or at least avenge her.

• 1 year later...

I liked this one alot!

This series has partially everything, emotions, action and especially alot of fantasy, i was planning to write a topic about this anime but glad someone did it before me. Kekei Sensen reminds me a bit to Owari no Seraph + Bungou Stray Dogs mixed together into one, though with an incredible line drawings and alot crazier haha. I would recommend Kekei Sensen to those people who really like fantasy/supernatural related animes, with abit of *emotion* moments in the series.

• Geano locked this topic