Breaking bad final episode discussion (spoilers!)

SAO LILDOOP

I just recently finished Breaking bad and it is my new favorite show of all time.

Was the Breaking Bad season 5 finale the best or worst finale the show could have had? There are so many mixed reviews on it. It is both hated and loved, thought to be the worst finale ever or the best.

I personally think it was the best final episode to anything ever. I think it was perfect, could not ask for more.

It truly showed that Walter was not an evil monster and he got to die with his creation, right there next to his blue meth. He would be always remembered for what he did and it doesn't matter if he is hated or loved, he is a legend. Also, the police could have found out how the bullet entered and from the trajectory and stuff and they would have found out that Walter was protecting Jesse pinkman and took a bullet for him.

So what is your opinion on how Breaking bad ended?

Feel free to comment and discuss!

Walter-White-Dead.jpg.49747f57a2db005533f889b179bb3ca6.jpg

#HEISENBERG

Edited by Guest

I absolutely loved it!

Personally, I found Walter to be a ... Well, hero.

Yeah, yeah, most people see him as being one of, if not the worst, bad guys in TV history but I disagree with that so much.

Walter was a good guy, he did what he thought he had to do to keep his family safe, and yes, that did end up with him committing multiple crimes, killing, and destroying his own family relationship, but that's the point! He sacrificed his need to be loved by his family so that he could keep them safe and give them a better life, I don't understand how people watching this show could ever think Walter was a bad guy.

Yes, almost everyone hated him but that wasn't his fault, it was because they couldn't see just how much he'd done for THEM.

1. EVERYTHING he did was to give his family a better life

2. He actually used ALL of his money on his family and their family

3. He loved everyone, he literally DIED for his friend

4. Everyone he killed was a CRIMINAL and therefor he actually saved more lives by getting them off the streets

5. He was a great Father, friend, teacher, and just all around good guy ... I mean, he never gave up on Jesse, and he never gave up on Skylar even though she deserved it.

I absolutely loved the ending ... Walter got to die with his creation and knowing that he died saving Jesse's life, he knew his family would get the money he'd worked so hard for, and he knew he took down a whole meth ring in just one night (Pretty darn impressive).

What really hit you right in the heart though is the fact that his family hated him, his wife had cheated on him, wished for his death, took his children away, committed crimes, told him to kill Jesse, and still thought she was better than him ... The fact that his son hated him, had wished for his death, and would probably never respect him or love him ever again even though Walter did EVERYTHING for THEM was also horrible, I was absolutely appalled at the fact that his son instantly hated him after finding out what he'd done, he didn't even care to find out that all of it had been to keep him safe and give him a better life.

I also loved how, in the end, Jesse forgave Walter for everything ... Jesse wasn't going to hold it against him because he knew everything Walter did was to save his family.

Jesse, to me, was the most understanding person in the ENTIRE show towards Walter ... Even thought Walter let Jesse's girlfriend die and almost had a kid killed Jesse still didn't hate him, he in fact forgave him and respected him.

I found it entirely disgusting that Skylar, who Walter NEVER hurt, thought she was so much better than him just because she wasn't selling meth. Well guess what? She was out cheating on her DYING Husband, committing tax crimes, and later on telling Walter to kill people! How is she better than him!? In the end she doesn't even apologize for her actions, she doesn't even tell him that she loves him, she does nothing except attack him like a crazed maniac just because she wouldn't let Walter explain what actually happened.

Walter Jr. was also quite horrible in the end, instantly siding against his Father and wishing his death even though he had only got one side of the story, Skylar's side.

Hank was also ungrateful seeing as Walter paid for his therapy with the Meth money, and saved his life multiple times, but still Hank just saw him as a monster because he did something illegal ... Well, where was Hank's sense of justice when his own Wife was stealing things? Or when he himself was smoking illegal cigars? Oh, that's right, he didn't care if he was doing something illegal as long as he didn't get caught.

Marie ended up being just as bad, she was stealing things and accepting illegal money for her Husbands treatment but when she found out that Walter sold Meth to give his family a better life she was instantly angry at him, she too wished for his DEATH.

Jesse was literally the only person who actually forgave Walter even though he was the one who suffered; Walter never hurt Skylar, his son or anyone else she loved and yet she hated him and so did Walter Jr.

Walter never hurt Hank and actually saved his life (Multiple time) and paid for his medical bills, which helped Marie and yet they still hated him ...

Walter let Jesse's girlfriend die, and he poisoned his next girlfriend's son, yet Jesse was the ONLY ONE to forgive Walter even though Jesse was the one who got hurt by him; but guess what? Jesse forgave him because he understood why Walter did it, he wasn't just a judgemental hypocrite who got half the story and then instantly hated him, he actually loved Walter more than Walter's OWN FAMILY loved Walter and I found that pretty amazing ... The sort of Father and Son bond that Walt and Jesse had was beautiful, it did hit a few bumps in the road but it never broke, they never hated each other, Walt always saw Jesse as his son and responsibility and Jesse, even though he didn't say it, looked up to Walter and respected him ...

I personally thought they couldn't have had a better ending, it hit you right in the heart with Walter dying and knowing his family hated him but it also gave you that bit of happiness since Jesse forgave Walter, it showed no matter how rough things became, TRUE love, loyalty, respect, and understanding still survived, Walter knew Jesse never hated him, he knew Jesse looked up to him, and he knew that Jesse would probably have a much better life now ... I mean, I took it that Jesse would go adopt his recently deceased girlfriends kid and quit using all together, which would be a big step for him but it would help him cope with everything that happened without using drugs.

Walter also got to die knowing that he took down a Meth ring, some of the Mexican cartel, and made enough money for his family to live on when he was gone, he accomplished his goals and so much more.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...