Characters that you loved and then hated?

Cy~

Have you ever had an anime character that you loved at first site and then began to hate as time went on? Like, basically, have you ever felt that your relationship with a character was kinda like this weird emotional see-saw, and it ended up with you in the sandpit? Maybe you felt a bit like this?

[spoiler=And all that you loved about the character was taken away]

anime-gif-anime-love-live-umi-sonoda-1255992.gif.0cf437bdb0c0cba7725159f1b629df16.gif

Let's commiserate and stuff. Here's my sad stories.

The Professor - Nichijou

Underwater-Commie-Nichijou-05-720p-3698BE7B.mkv_snapshot_10.48_2016_08.12_11_54_54.thumb.jpg.c53b7f38b8638d8aed7d3c56bbe520b5.jpg

At first glance, I loved The Professor. She was apparently brilliant, hilarious, and seemed to have an interesting story associated with her. She was also cute.

Sadly, as the show ran on, she started to really grate on my nerves. I wanted to like her a lot, but she was far, far too mean to Nano and, ultimately, The Professor was just a kid, a very young one. (I don't actually like kids that much.)

Shiroe - Log Horizon

log_horizon_part1_dvd_screenshot1.thumb.jpg.5be77a7cf5e5114477c2c21132a2c426.jpg

At the beginning he was full of promise. It was fun to watch him outsmart everyone and rise to power over the course of the first arc. However, he was becoming more and more boring. The so-called brilliant strategies were more and more predictable. By the end of the first season, I really no longer gave a damn and I was happy to just be finished with the show. It had become boring, and I partially blame Shiroe's general lack of character development for this.

• Like 2

Itachi

Like I remember at first that I loved the guy and he was one of my favorites in Naruto but over the years I just grew meh on him to the point where I don't like him as I used to.

I don't think I hate the guy but I don't like either now.

Another one is Erza

Erza was basically my best girl pick till the GMG arc which made me hate her because of how Mary Sueish she came as and how she now just beats everyone with Nakama power.

Now I want nothing to do with her.

• Like 1

9jwn1lU6.jpg.b4ce0ba5624e753c085a65c88d82b05e.jpg

Izzy from Taboo Tattoo

I really like her overall character at first. Her personality and interactions with the MC made me think that she's another Senjougahara, Holo, or Shinobu. A perfect waifu <3

But then I found out that she's head over heels for this Blood guy. Screw NTR! I dropped the anime.

d1ccaa11.jpg.4456af746250425ee0ea88145f44a95c.jpg

8oRShhp.thumb.jpg.7fa715552894c54c77c267f604f4c057.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Natsuno.png.9384b17e2a6283f5beccd5682a8638a0.png

Ah, here's something interesting. I was just looking through the anime that I've completed and found Shiki.

Shiki wasn't a terrible anime, but it had some of the slowest pacing I've ever seen in a anime, with whole episodes going by with nothing happening. If it were 12-episodes long, this wouldn't have been a problem.

So the guy above is Natsuno Yuuki, he is supposed to be one of the protagonists and we see a lot of scenes with him that shows his story. But I felt he didn't really do anything, not even in the end, so I was disappointed in him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Annie Leonhart from Attack on titan.

I loved Annie, she was wise, she was against ignorant humanity. Just the way she acted probably resulted in her being one of my top characters.

[spoiler=Spoiler! ]Then she decided to go rogue in her titan form to kill off Levi's entire squad.

Absolutely hated her after that, and still do. :c

49769.jpg.0c2cee7f3524250912d4085dc79bfd47.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic