Charlotte (2015) - General Discussion

Optic

angel-beats-the-new-project-aniplex-key.jpg.3ba9dd9e1782a76b9177092961220a07.jpg

Apparantly a new project by Aniplex and Key possibly relating to Angel Beats will be announced on December 22.

Could it be a reboot? A sequel? A movie? An OVA? :yum:

I loved Angel Beats, so this has really piqued my interest.

Source: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-12-09/aniplex-key-visual-arts-announce-new-project-on-december-22/.81954

• Like 1

That looks really interesting, but that video was so short, why did they even make it? :? Maybe I should give Angel Beats another shot when I get the chance, as I did try watching the first episode a while back, but it was so random, it lost my interest.

deo was so short, why did they even make it? :? Maybe I should give Angel Beats another shot when I get the chance, as I did try watching the first episode a while back, but it was so random, it lost my interest.

I can't watch the video because it's not available in my country ;-;

@FearInCube, it's only a video of an announcement date so you're not missing much in any case. :P

We'll learn much more after the announcement date. ^_^

Maybe I should give Angel Beats another shot when I get the chance, as I did try watching the first episode a while back, but it was so random, it lost my interest.

Angel Beats is very amusing, has lots of action and has past tragedy as you'd expect with a title themed around the afterlife. Try giving it another go. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

So much for Angel Beats... turns out it's an original title called Charlotte, animated by P.A. Works for a launch sometime in 2015. By writer Jun Maeda (Little Busters, Clannad and of course Angel Beats) so this has peaked my interest. :)

• Like 1

That trailer felt very pointless, other than the fact that it confirmed that it wasn't an Angel Beats remake/sequel/movie. Although, I am looking forward to it, they really should just get around to making a Rewrite anime.

• 3 months later...

Confirmed release date for July 2015.

After looking at the new PV, this has me really intrigued and am really looking forward to its release. :)

The story centers around the special abilities that occur among a small percentage of boys and girls in puberty. Yuu Otosaka uses his power without others knowing, and lives a fairly normal, average school life. Before him suddenly appears a girl, Nao Tomori. Due to his meeting with her, the fate of special power-users will be exposed.

Source: Anime News Network

charlotte-anime-key-poster.thumb.jpg.726189fab25b6361e2c2f16aa070f7ad.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

This one was an OK watch, albeit a bit rushed I thought, and personally not one of the best P.A. Works series that have been released in my opinion, but it was generally OK all in all, as the character designs were still superbly animated as to be expected from this particular anime studio :)

Edited by Guest

• 11 months later...

ok almost finished Charlotte (and I only just found out about it and started it so not like its taken me years to watch) but the more I watch it the more Tomori reminded me of Taiga

may be , just may be @Optic should (if he finds it fit to do so) do a Tomori , Nao V's Aisaka , Taiga thread

Edited by Guest

Wodahs said:
Tomori reminded me of Taiga

may be , just may be @Optic should (if he finds it fit to do so) do a Tomori , Nao V's Aisaka , Taiga thread

Have you seen Shakugan no Shana? I would say Shana reminds me more of Taiga in terms of them being cold and hot headed at times.

Nao Tomori to me is much more smug, I would say she reminds me more of Shinoa Hiragi from Seraph of the End (Owari no Seraph). ;)

But yes we do need more character polls, I shall add that to the to do list..

59e2174f0256e_imagesqtbnANd9GcQi8QJrawgThW9C9Yo9wiMFN27sVE48Gjy16GPr-u783gUpoFis.jpg.17bd6827e820516b049d2992df31cae0.jpgahh Shakugan no Shana yes

but sadly no the resemblance to me isn't as strong

and I did really like both sides of her character

and yes I did also fall for Shinoa Hiragi who wouldnt

hell I love all my anime girls

but for some reason I could see similarities between Nao Tomori and Taiga Aisaka

Bumping this...

I noticed now that Aniplex did an English dub for Charlotte.

Comparing both the Japanese and English trailers to remind myself of the character voices, I still overwhelmingly prefer Nao Tomori's Japanese voice. But otherwise the dub actually sounds pretty solid.

Japanese Trailer:

So dramatic!!

English Trailer:

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, Wodahs said:

ok almost finished Charlotte (and I only just found out about it and started it so not like its taken me years to watch) but the more I watch it the more Tomori reminded me of Taiga

well I posted watching this on the 2801/17 and I don't remember which platform I watched it on but I watched the dub version then . how ever I can say as I just checked that it wasn't netflix

I suppose ill have to watch the sub version now to see my self

• Geano locked this topic