Creating a dating forum for anime fans?

John jobs

Thought I would make a forum about dating anime fans?

Edit:fans of a anime you made like say you made attack on titan(don't say you did)and you dated a fan of that Anime you made...so for you would it be wired would it be normal....but a anime dating forum would be nice

Edited by Guest

Dating someone who has similar interests as me is important I think. So.. now if I look for someone, I'm hoping they are an anime fan. But it certainly can't be the only shared interest.

• Like 1

Thought I would make a forum about dating anime fans? What do you think

Starting a forum tends to be easy enough if you know what you're doing. Getting people onto the forum, and keeping them there, tends to be the difficult thing.

And... just to clarify, are you talking about creating a forum as a type of dating service for anime folks? If that's the case, and if you did decide to go through with it, and if it actually took off - which, to be frank, I don't think to be likely - you'd need to viciously enforce a no minors policy for the sake of keeping yourself out of trouble if some impressive shit goes down behind private messages, which it eventually would. I'm not being hyperbolic, either - I've personally had to deal with this sort of thing on normal, non dating forums, to say nothing about a forum who has it as a stated purpose. Thankfully I've never had to deal with anything that required me personally contact law enforcement though - someone else got stuck with that particular honor.

So, you'll have to forgive me for being hyper cautious.

Given that you, yourself are a minor - your stated age on your profile is 15 - I don't think it's really something that should be high on your priorities list right now. Apologies if anything here has sounded harsh, but... sometimes that's how it goes.

Starting a forum tends to be easy enough if you know what you're doing. Getting people onto the forum, and keeping them there, tends to be the difficult thing.

And... just to clarify, are you talking about creating a forum as a type of dating service for anime folks? If that's the case, and if you did decide to go through with it, and if it actually took off - which, to be frank, I don't think to be likely - you'd need to viciously enforce a no minors policy for the sake of keeping yourself out of trouble if some impressive s*** goes down behind private messages, which it eventually would. I'm not being hyperbolic, either - I've personally had to deal with this sort of thing on normal, non dating forums, to say nothing about a forum who has it as a stated purpose. Thankfully I've never had to deal with anything that required me personally contact law enforcement though - someone else got stuck with that particular honor.

So, you'll have to forgive me for being hyper cautious.

Given that you, yourself are a minor - your stated age on your profile is 15 - I don't think it's really something that should be high on your priorities list right now. Apologies if anything here has sounded harsh, but... sometimes that's how it goes.

It's ok of being hyper carefully and I was manly talking about from a creative stand point of dating a fan of YOUR anime(sorry for not making that clear I sometimes have a bad habit of doing that...should probably change the name of this thread to that)but thanks for the advice(also glade to see some one cares about safety on there sites)

Anime was one of the first ice breakers for me and my husband, along with tokusatsu. If we hadn't had those things in common, we wouldn't have gotten married!

But all in all, anime as far as a lifestyle with dating was never a big deal for me or anyone I ever dated. If someone couldn't like me for my interests or hobbies, then I didn't want to date them in the first place! >_<

Edit: and just now reading down (whoops), I think a specific forum for dating/anime is a neat idea, but the execution could take some time given the specific requirements. But nowadays it is easier to find a demographic interested in anime than it used to be. And there could be more people interested in finding others that want to share that mutual feeling!

Edited by Guest

I thought the user was asking along the lines of, "If you were a creator, would you date a fan of your works?"

Well at this point it's kinda about both(due to my poor wording)

I still don't get what this is about. lol.

Anywho, I'm not interested in dating, but hey, a forum like that might be good for people finding a partner with similar tastes.

But meh, creating a forum is easy, but maintaining the community inside it is kinda eh, difficult.

Thought I would make a forum about dating anime fans?

Edit:fans of a anime you made like say you made attack on titan(don't say you did)and you dated a fan of that Anime you made...so for you would it be wired would it be normal....but a anime dating forum would be nice

create an anime tinder app, that would be lit

Anime Tinder, I just, I shudder. That would either be amazing, or the worst disaster in online dating history.

That all depends on the people on the site is it ACTUALLY anime fans or pervs trying to find a easy target

Isn't this already a thing?

http://www.maiotaku.com/

I feel like these dating apps just attract the crazy. xD

The crazy and the fake - a lot of super specialized dating sites (not saying that one in particular) have a lot of fake accounts set up that can be managed by real people in some cases, or just automated. I registered for one out of curiosity once (having some suspicion that there wouldn't be enough people interested to make it viable), left my profile completely blank, and observed that I received one new message every week, plus or minus two days, from accounts that looked fairly mass produced.

Edited by Guest

The crazy and the fake - a lot of super specialized dating sites (not saying that one in particular) have a lot of fake accounts set up that can be managed by real people in some cases, or just automated. I registered for one out of curiosity once (having some suspicion that there wouldn't be enough people interested to make it viable), left my profile completely blank, and observed that I received one new message every week, plus or minus two days, from accounts that looked fairly mass produced.

I believe it. I wouldn't be surprised. Some people pay money for that stuff too. I have read about that sort of stuff happening on those dating websites in the past.

It sucks for those that are actually trying to find someone.

Edited by Guest

A lot of dating sites do that and it's really unfortunate for those that want to use them properly. I've never used one myself, but I can see how annoying, frustrating and even saddening that can be. It's like "Hey, let's get someone's hopes up only to bring them down even further than they already feel. Trolling people's emotions is so fun!" Bleh. I'd rather just stay out of a mess like that, but I feel for those that don't.

• Like 1