Death Note - General Discussion

drill

So, I just started watching this series, and I have to say that its doing pretty well at creating suspense, but I don't really see how it will take 37 episodes to come to a conclusion. Also, all the characters are made really well, and it is really interesting to see two geniuses fighting against each other. However, I hear that the last half of the anime is not nearly as good as the first half.

I liked Deathnote okay, although I prefer the manga to it. At least one nice thing about the anime is that there's barely any filler. When the series started, the manga was nearly finished anyway.

Anywho, I know quite a few people didn't like the second part of the series all that much, although personally, I had no problem with it. It remained interesting for me.

Hope you can enjoy it.

I really liked Near as a character.

Anywho, I know quite a few people didn't like the second part of the series all that much, although personally, I had no problem with it. It remained interesting for me.

Hope you can enjoy it.

Well, hearing that you liked it boosts my confidence that the second half isn't as bad as I've heard. I figured it couldn't have been that bad anyway since the characters are interesting enough. Also, really glad to hear that there is almost no filler. :)

Well, hearing that you liked it boosts my confidence that the second half isn't as bad as I've heard. I figured it couldn't have been that bad anyway since the characters are interesting enough. Also, really glad to hear that there is almost no filler. :)
It's all subjective, right? I won't spoil it of course, but I feel it's because of a certain character (or a certain two) that most didn't care for the second half, and this goes for the manga as well.

Oh and getting down to it, I think I remember only one ep that was literally filler and anime original. It's vague, though as I saw it years ago when it was still new in Japan. It was an interesting ep...I think. lol I enjoyed it anyway. So yeah, no filler because the manga was already far enough ahead for the anime series not to need it. I think the manga was putting out its final volume when the anime was starting.

If more series did this or waited longer before doing an animated series there would probably be less filler. *coughs*Dragon Ball/DBZ*coughs* lol

• Like 1

So, I finally finished this series. I'm not really sure what to think of it. If anything, it's a really sad anime, but a great thriller anime at the same time.

I was actually expecting Light to "win" and then Ryuk would have killed him. Also, Near and Mello weren't bad characters, but since L was my favorite character in the whole show, I was sad to see him go.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I meant to reply to this thread a while ago. lol I'm glad you didn't hate

Near and Mello

It's a shame that many people did because they were such adamant

L fans. Near was one of my favorite characters along with Matsuda.

Hey, did you notice a pattern with the second intro of the series as Light was walking and they were showing all of the characters?

They all died/were killed in some way, 'cept for Near

Welp, either way, glad you enjoyed the series. Oh, btw, have you read the manga or seen either of the three live-action Deathnote films?

Hey, did you notice a pattern with the second intro of the series as Light was walking and they were showing all of the characters?

I actually skip the intros, so I never noticed :P

Welp, either way, glad you enjoyed the series. Oh, btw, have you read the manga or seen either of the three live-action Deathnote films?

I haven't read the manga or seen any of the films. Its kinda hard to believe that they took the entire series and put it into a couple of films. I can imagine what they kept to do that, but I think that it would be a bit rushed nonetheless. If I get the time, I might look into them though as they do interest me.

I actually skip the intros, so I never noticed :P
Aw, but the songs are so awesome! lol It took a short while for What up, People! to grow on me, but I did become a fan of the group that performed that intro and the ending, Zetsubou Billy (you should check out the music video...awesome!).

I haven't read the manga or seen any of the films. Its kinda hard to believe that they took the entire series and put it into a couple of films. I can imagine what they kept to do that, but I think that it would be a bit rushed nonetheless. If I get the time, I might look into them though as they do interest me.

The manga was pretty interesting, which is what made me check out the anime. The manga was on the verge of finishing when the anime started.

As for the live-action films...you either like them or hate them. They do change some things, like Light already being a university student. I've never seen the third film, but I have seen the first two. I caught part of the third one on TV a few months ago...right at the end. lol Anyway, you should treat the films as its own thing as it changes stuff from both the manga and the anime....like with L

He does have the same ending...sort of, it's just done differently and that's what the third film focuses on. L's final days.

• 3 months later...

I enjoyed the series up until L died , which is where I think the should have ended it , M and N just couldn't hold up to L in my opinion , they would have been great characters if it weren't for L being introduced first.

• Agree 1

• 9 months later...

just finished watching Death Note

Amazing Anime

one of the anime that i started with am unsure what else am going to watch

i now have a big poster in my living room with Death Note on it

i have watched angels beats as well

...i need to find something to watch

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic