Digimon Fusion; Season 3 Airdates

Digimon_Sommelier

Why is Nicktoons taking so long to air Season 3 of DIGIMON FUSION? I thought that with Saban Brands acquiring the rights to the franchise that we'd be getting an English dub uninterrupted. I mean, them airing season after season quickly. However, there's no news on the 3rd season yet. Season 2 has long been over, so what is the deal here? I want The Young Hunters Who Leapt Through Time to be dubbed and aired already. This is not a rant. lol All in the name of loving the newest Digimon series being translated. :)

Edited by Guest

Not sure if this is what's going on, but was reading into Power Rangers recently (on wikia - a friend has started re-watching Power Rangers, and it's making me want to read into Power Rangers vs. Super Sentai, and possibly watch the Super Sentai movies), and apparently Nicktoons put limits on the number of episodes a series could have in a run, meaning that Saban had split later series of Power Rangers into two bits, so as to be accepted by Nicktoons!

Not watched much of the Xros Wars dub, was disappointed that they'd renamed Akari, but it was a given, although was surprised they still kept in the next episode preview, usually that's one of the first things to go in a dub!

This is the exact wording for Power Rangers (according to wikia), as I said, not sure if it applies here as well, but possibly: Saban had to divide the Samurai series into two parts because of episode limitations on Nickelodeon!

I'm still upset that DIGIMON FUSION airs on Nicktoons, a cable channel. It aired on the VORTEXX children's block, which was later replaced by One Magnificent Morning, which SUCKS!! That meant "No Vortexx, no Digimon" for the fans. Season 3 should be aired on a channel, where Digimon would dominate. Nicktoons? Really? If they dub Digimon Adventure Tri, here's hoping the movie series will turn into a TV series. But in the meantime, c'mon Saban Brands. Get Digimon put on a decent channel. Some of us have cable, but don't have Nicktoons.

Edited by Guest

It's annoying when things change, but then quite often things change to target to its current audience, I mean I know when a show called SMTV Live (featured Pokémon) changed to Ministry of Madness, I felt it became more childish, but then perhaps I was just getting old :D!

I know what you mean about things showing on channels not available for all, because Tamers only featured in its entirety on Fox Kids over here, and Savers only ever featured on digital (Kix!) - Xros Wars/Fusion was the first series to feature on terrestrial television again!

We'll have to see, they might be made into television movies, however they would probably cut them down, although I think they might decide six television movies to be a bit much, so I think they will probably turn it into a series!

I actually think it might be better for it, because won't receive as much editing if television movies! I don't think they will leave them as movies!

Still Saban might not think about turning them into a series, although given CrunchyRoll did "it", Saban should be aware that making it into a series, is a possibility!

I agree with you, 100%. Tri becoming a TV series in the future is best. But back to Season 3, I'm now kinda' glad it hasn't aired yet. Saban Brands, give us DIGIMON on a channel that's shown to all. Nicktoons just doesn't cut it. DIGIMON dominated on VORTEXX before the children's block was canceled. One Magnificent Morning? Come on! I understand the FCC wanted more educational programs, but that's what school is for. Children want to escape when Saturday morning comes. They don't want to see educational stuff for HOURS on Saturday. They want action-adventure shows! Shows that make you wish you were in it. DIGIMON is a show like that: "DIGI-FUSE!!"

You can but hope! Another way to go, is Netflix, as I hear Digimon Fusion is on Netflix, although not how many series are on there, I just know it's on there, also I don't know the turn around time on it, so I don't know how long you'd have to wait for Series 3 to have screened on Nicktoons, before it's on Netflix!

However as Netflix has that 30 day trial, it means if you blitz the series in month, and at 25 episodes, shouldn't be hard, you can cancel your subscription, and it's like you watched the series on normal, free-for-all television!

I'm not really a fan of Netflix. I wanted to watch the 4th Season of Arrested Development on there, but just didn't get around to it. Maybe in the future. Who knows? "What do we want?" "Digimon!" "When do we want it?" "Now!"

Not a fan of Netflix either myself, although seems to make more sense than Amazon Prime, however only because Amazon Prime lists series to buy as well as watch for free, so it's a bit confusing!

I'm actually not a fan of streaming services in general, because I feel that they could lead to end of physical releases, well at least for niché things like anime!

I've only done the streaming stuff with DIGIMON ADVENTURE TRI (REUNION). It was worth it, especially since I didn't have to buy it. Plus, I don't like streaming with a billion advertisements on top. Crunchyroll, mama didn't raise no fool!! xD

Season 3 still has not been even advertised, so I won't hold my breath on it. I'm willing to wait, even though I'm aching to know who's going to be voicing Tagiru Akashi, who's my favorite from Xros Wars/Fusion, next to Mikey Kudou.

I actually meant consumer adverts rather than adverts for the show!

Ah right, I would say you just need to think who might be a good fit from their existing voice actors/actresses, and compare how similar Taiki and Mikey's voices are, and you might get an answer!

However, then I remembered that dub voices aren't always that similar to the sub voices, can be based on them not finding a similar voice, or just voice director's choice!

In the 4Kids dub of Pokémon, Veronica Taylor, Rachel Lillis and Eric Stuart were popular voice choices, or most well known popular voice choices, given that Veronica Taylor provided voices for Ash, his mother Deilia, and new trainer May (Advance), whilst Rachel Lillis provided voices for Misty and Jessie of Team Rocket, and Eric Stuart provided voices for Brock and James of Team Rocket (second voice)!

Around the eleventh series (second series under the Pokémon Company) they were able to return to the dub, however, as far as I'm aware, haven't reprised their original roles, given the new voices are now established, even if some of them don't sound quite right; Rachel Lillis voiced Maylene (Sinnoh Gym Leader), whilst Eric Stuart has voiced Magnezone, probably amongst others, but I think those are the first roles they had under the new dub!

...I seem to have gone off topic, I did have a point, ...I'm sure I did! Ah that was it, companies quite often re-use the voice talent they already have, or for "kid's shows" that seems to be the case, thinking abou it, you probably were aware of this fact!

Anyway, so basically, it's probably going to be someone you're already aware of, however I wonder, if you did think who you would most like Taigaru to be voiced by, would you be disappointed if the actual voice wasn't who you thought it should be?

In that it's either different, or you feel it doesn't suit!

• 4 months later...

Hmm, either I missed Sommelier's post back in February, or I didn't have anything to add, not sure which it was now!

He was also the voice of Watanuki in xxxHOLiC, although in his first appearance in Tsubasa, he was voiced by Vic Mignogna!

Tagiru is fourteen, I think, so can Haberkorn pass for that age?

That said though, given that he's in dubs for FUNimation, can he do dubs for other companies like Maravista, I think?

Depends on the agreements they sign, I guess, however at one point, it seemed like the dub companies all had their own voice staff, although may be it was because the companies were just in different places of America, so it was hard to travel between them!

Edited by Guest

I tried to contact Saban Brands at their official website to inquire about Season 3 of DIGIMON FUSION; however, that page led me to sort of a dead end spot saying there was an error. Fix that page, Saban Brands!! lol 'Cause Season III (subs-wise) was awesome! :)

It may not be Fusion, however Digimon Adventure -tri- will be getting a dub, and a movie release!

Jeff Nimoy has confirmed he will be returning to voice act in -tri-, and apparently most of the Digimon cast is also signed on, however no information on the chosen children cast, although if they replace them, they will be doing the same as the Japanese version did, plus, this dub is possibly being handled "by" Toei, rather than Saban!

That being said, they will still use terms and names already established by Saban, however that's nothing new, Disney did the same!

The first movie is to be released in 300+ US cinemas, for one day only, 15 September!

So when's the next -tri- movie out *checks other thread*, oh so September will be double Digimon month for the US then; triple if Appmon is out also in September!!

Here are some video links:

Information comes from the same source as the Appmon information, YouTube, same YouTuber even!

• 2 weeks later...
Any news yet on season 3 yet?

No, not yet. And while we're talking about it, I wonder if Saban Brands still owns the Digimon franchise? If so, double-yoo-tee-eff?!

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic