E3 2017

RepentantSky

It may seem a bit early to make this thread, but given what was announced this morning, and how it's going to be updated until E3, I think it's fitting to begin the hype now: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/geoff-keighle...iseum-2017

Also here are the times for all known press conferences as of this point and time: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/sony-e3-2017-...et-june-12

The E3 coliseum is basically another set of conferences open to the public, and while it's not known if we'll get any info that won't be at other conferences, the fact is, people can come to these without being a part of the press or an investor. Also, they will be live streamed so if anything new is shown, you won't have to miss it if you don't go. Of course that means these will need a schedule with all that's in play for the Coliseum, that's likely being taken care of.

So thoughts anyone? Let's get the E3 hype going!

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thoughts anyone? Let's get the E3 hype going!

Hopeful that we'll hear news from Nintendo that a new 2D Metroid is in development!

... ahhhahhahhahahAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAahahhaahhahhh ... it ... could ... still ... happen ... right ... ? It ... has been so long ... so very ... very ... long ...

Yuno-gif-yuno-gasai-31938289-500-427.gif.e62b8d0fdab83397fc5bbc43088ae9d8.gif

Edited by Guest
  • Dislike 1
  • Funny 4

If they make a 2D metroid, it will probably be a 3DS title or a multiplat with a lot of bonuses on the Switch version. Either way would work for me.

Anything at all would make me lose my bloody mind, to be honest. At this point I think I'd be fairly easy to please, as long as it's not a direct sequel to Other M.

Beyond that... I confess that there's nothing really that I'm clamoring to see at E3 at the moment. ^^;

Anything at all would make me lose my bloody mind, to be honest. At this point I think I'd be fairly easy to please, as long as it's not a direct sequel to Other M.

Beyond that... I confess that there's nothing really that I'm clamoring to see at E3 at the moment. ^^;

Honestly, some updates on Kingdom Hearts III would be nice as well as Sea of Thieves and something for the 3DS to make me care again. I will have 50 titles for that game come the release of Fire Emblem, and that's going to be the only one from this year. They need to step up the game on that system if they are really planning to support it through 2018 like Regi claims.

• Like 1

Hopeful that we'll hear news from Nintendo that a new 2D Metroid is in development!

... ahhhahhahhahahAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAahahhaahhahhh ... it ... could ... still ... happen ... right ... ? It ... has been so long ... so very ... very ... long ...

[ATTACH=full]31180[/ATTACH]

I'm hoping for a Metroid Prime 4.

Maybe you need to move on shut up about the past.

Thanks, but no thanks. I apologize, but I think I'll keep making my lame jokes, regardless if you approve or not.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I'm hoping for a Metroid Prime 4.

That's like, really rude. You could simply you don't want another 2D metroid, but you don't have to tell someone to shut up because they have a different opinion.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to any Assassin's Creed News

I'd be okay with that as long as the game is drastically different and improved from the previous titles. Of all the games that came out yearly, AC was about the worst of the bunch.

I'd be okay with that as long as the game is drastically different and improved from the previous titles. Of all the games that came out yearly, AC was about the worst of the bunch.

I'm going to have to disagree, but i respect your opinion.

I'm going to have to disagree, but i respect your opinion.

The only reason I say that is because it's very samey outside of black flag. Dead parents, tons of climbing, several reused assets, Assassins are losing despite little evidence to back that, a modern aspect that the devs don't even care about, rinse and repeat. Hopefully, the new one will do something about all of this. The modern aspect hasn't mattered since they killed Desmond, so they can just drop it unless they want to establish some new characters, the parents need to be alive just to change things, the setting needs to change enough that they can't use the same assets, and there needs to be more gameplay aspects. E3, I'm hoping will good for AC.

Edited by Guest

The only reason I say that is because it's very samey outside of black flag. Dead parents, tons of climbing, several reused assets, Assassins are losing despite little evidence to back that, a modern aspect that the devs don't even care about, rinse and repeat. Hopefully, the new one will do something about all of this. The modern aspect hasn't mattered since they killed Desmond, so they can just drop it unless they want to establish some new characters, the parents need to be alive just to change things, the setting needs to change enough that they can't use the same assets, and there needs to be more gameplay aspects. E3, I'm hoping will good for AC.

Once again, i disagree. If They drop the modern storyline I'll probably stop playing. Though Syndicate i really enjoyed, even though they reduced the story to videos, still kinda pissed about that. I loved AC 4s, modern parts. I mean, if you actually look at the changes between 4 and Syndicate, storywise (in the Animus) effect wise, graphic wise, system wise, syndicate was a Huge leap forward.

Edited by Guest

Whelp, we all like what we like, so hopefully the next game will be something that seems worth it to a lot of people.

Can I be honest about something though, I am seriously worried about Microsoft at this point, they have no major games out this year, and it seems like they are relying on specs instead of games moving forward and that's just not going to work. E3 needs to be amazing for them, otherwise the new Xbox isn't going to mean anything for them.

Whelp, we all like what we like, so hopefully the next game will be something that seems worth it to a lot of people.

Can I be honest about something though, I am seriously worried about Microsoft at this point, they have no major games out this year, and it seems like they are relying on specs instead of games moving forward and that's just not going to work. E3 needs to be amazing for them, otherwise the new Xbox isn't going to mean anything for them.

They either have alot secret or they're just hoping alots of people will buy it cause its the next Xbox. I mean at this point i don't think a new Halo game will save them, they cancelled Scalebound. They need something new for people to enjoy, multiplatform games that run better or (true) 4k graphics (like how do you get more true than 4k) I don't think will be a big enough drawn for them.

I'm also concerned about nintendo, they basically promised the switch would jave game's and how many are there, like 3?

Also Sega, this new sonic, while love sonic and will probably play it. I feel like it's going to break them completely, they were just starting to get a good thing going with publishing and PC gaming, and now they're pooling thier resources into another modern sonic game, let's hope Sonic Mania does well and get a physical release.

Next I'm also concerned about portable gaming, apart from the switch, which isba hybrid, portable gaming is almost dead. The 3DS (Still nintendo) is slowing down game wise despite having a new system revision releasing soon.

The PSVita has long been dead.

So we need something new here, and thats where someone New, mircosoft or Sega could make thier mark. But the chances of that happening are slim i think.

I may be one of the odd ones out here, but I don't think the Vita or 3DS are dead or even in trouble. For 3DS, a new Cooking Mama is on the way, Ever Oasis is coming, so are two Fire Emblem games, 2 Kirby games, Hey! Pikmin, Lady Layton, Snack World, Monster Hunter Stories, Yokai Watch 2: Psychic Specters and RPG Maker Fes and that's just what we know about for now. For all we know, there's another direct before E3 and even if there's not, E3 will have more titles for it. It may have started kind of slow, but it's gonna start working it's way up starting this Month.

As for Vita there's Summon Night 6, Ys Origin, Valkiriya Revolution, Tokyo Xanadu which is only coming because of fans, Utawarerumono Mask of Deception and Mask of Truth, Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle, Ys VIII, Lacrimosa of Dana, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, Cosmic Star Heroine, and that's not even mentioning the 6 or 7 NIS America titles still being lined up for it. Also, there won't be as many title for the system at E3, but some will come along, like perhaps we'll get the release date for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III for the west.

• Agree 1

I may be one of the odd ones out here, but I don't think the Vita or 3DS are dead or even in trouble.

I definitely do agree that it's a bit early for any declarations of death, though the Vita is admittedly not nearly as popular in other markets as it is in Japan. I'm actually going to be picking up a PSTV in the near future for the sake of gaining access to its library, which holds a fair number of gems.

• Like 1

I definitely do agree that it's a bit early for any declarations of death, though the Vita is admittedly not nearly as popular in other markets as it is in Japan. I'm actually going to be picking up a PSTV in the near future for the sake of gaining access to its library, which holds a fair number of gems.

Indeed it does, and I bet E3 will reveal some more. ^_^

Ubisoft's E3 press conference time has been confirmed: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/ubisoft-e3-2017-press-conference-set-june-12

This news also comes at the same time Ubisoft has confirmed the New Assassin's Creed, Farcry 5, The Crew 2 and four other AAA titles beofre the fiscal year of 2019. The three mentioned titles are all expected to launch before March 31st 2018, the end of the current fiscal year. With that in mind, we probably have a pretty good idea what to expect from Ubisoft this year now, which is kind of a letdown unless these 4 other AAA titles can really blow our minds.

• 2 weeks later...

Shenmue III will not be at E3 this year: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/shenmue-iii-skip-e3-2017-development-report-vol-3-video

With that in mid, it's not as heavy a blow as missing Halo for Microsoft, but with another story I saw claiming that FF7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts III are due out in the next three years or so, Sony's suddenly looking like they might in trouble.

Shenmue III will not be at E3 this year: http://gematsu.com/2017/05/shenmue-iii-skip-e3-2017-development-report-vol-3-video

With that in mid, it's not as heavy a blow as missing Halo for Microsoft, but with another story I saw claiming that FF7 Remake and Kingdom Hearts III are due out in the next three years or so, Sony's suddenly looking like they might in trouble.

Sony? In trouble, pffft. We got God of War. And Dynasty warriors 9. Crash bandicoot.

Sony? In trouble, pffft. We got God of War. And Dynasty warriors 9. Crash bandicoot.

I'm talking presentation at E3 wise. If another trailer drops for Kingdom Hearts that ends with now in development or without a release window of any kind, that's a huge damper on the whole show, and not having a proper public update for Shenmue III is going to hurt regardless. It's true that they could probably have the best show of E3 by starting with Uncharted and ending with Last of Us 2 alone, but for all that, there's a lot of places they could slip up, and that starts with what happens with Kingdom Hearts, and whether or not the middle of the show is worth anyone's time.

• Agree 1