Edit Function

senshikoi

Question

Maybe I missed the memo, but I noticed that the Edit Function appears to have a "time out" period of around most eight days.

I noticed earlier that I was not able to edit some of my old posts, but I've identified the "time out" period due to the fact that, I've just noticed that one of the posts I made eight days ago, is also not available to be edited.

Is this a new change that was implemented to the site, or a temporary occurence, that will be resolved at a later date?

Also, on an unrelated note, but means I do not need to create a new thread, did the site have to be restored to an earlier version between now and 9th January?

I ask because, I'm sure that some of the content on one of my posts is missing. It's not really important, but just wanted to know.

2 answers to this question

Hello @senshikoi, first of all apologies for my late reply to this. This was posted around the time I had started my new full time-job. :'(

Is this a new change that was implemented to the site, or a temporary occurence, that will be resolved at a later date?

After a week yes, posts can no longer be edited. Originally it was set to 48 hours but based on feedback it was increased to a week. This change was made quite sometime ago - the intent behind it was to protect posts. If you would like a post edited beyond this time, please feel free to let me know and I can do this for you.

Also, on an unrelated note, but means I do not need to create a new thread, did the site have to be restored to an earlier version between now and 9th January?

To my knowledge no we did not lose any threads in the timeframe you mentioned. Having said that, many anime discussion threads were moved around with the introduction. Was there a particular thread you were looking for? Maybe I can assist in trying to find it?

No problem, congrats on the job, I need to get one of those, at somepoint ;)!

It'd be nice, with some of my posts in the Digimon section of the forum, I do look to edit them after a week!

Sorry, I should clarify, it wasn't a thread that went missing, but an edit I made to a thread, or at least I feel the new content went missing, I could be wrong, and just imagined I'd added to it!