Fate/Apocrypha

Histoire

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZgVByLj2Co

[FLOAT_LEFT]230px-Fateapocrypha_vol.01_cover.jpg.1480069b5d94a7088a01531c7425d1c7.jpg [/FLOAT_LEFT]

The setting is a parallel world to Fate/stay night where the Greater Grail mysteriously disappeared from Fuyuki after the Third Holy Grail War. After many years of silence, around the same time as the Fifth Holy Grail War would have happened, the Yggdmillennia, a family of magi, openly declares their secession from the Mage's Association, and that they are in possession of the Grail. The Association dispatches fifty magi to retrieve it, and all but one are instantly slaughtered by a mysterious Servant. The one remaining manages to activate the reserve system of the Greater Grail, allowing for the summoning of fourteen Servants in total.

In the city of Trifas, two factions will fight for the control of the sacred relic, each of them possessing their own team of seven Servants : the Black Faction whose members are part of Yggdmillennia, protecting the Grail, and the Red Faction whose members were sent by the Mage's Association, trying to take the Grail back. For an event of this scale, the Grail itself summons its own Servant, the holy Ruler, to oversee the conflict.

This marks the start of the Great Holy Grail War.

Fate/Apocrypha is a light novel from the Fate franchise.

I haven't actually read it, however I do have some information about it due to me playing Fate/Grand Order. Needless to say, I am so hyped about it. So many waifus in a single anime? I LOVE IT. It's scheduled to premiere in 2017 and is adapted by A-1 Pictures.

• Like 2

Oooh this looks interesting! 2017 seems to be a big year for Fate series anime adaptations.

So this will feature Ruler (Jeanne d'Arc) as a main character? I almost mistook her for Saber. >_< I don't think we've ever seen Ruler in any of the anime adaptations so far?

Please feel free to correct me - my only exposure to the Fate series is through the anime - haven't really dived into the games or novels.

• Agree 1

Oooh this looks interesting! 2017 seems to be a big year for Fate series anime adaptations.

So this will feature Ruler (Jeanne d'Arc) as a main character? I almost mistook her for Saber. >_< I don't think we've ever seen Ruler in any of the anime adaptations so far?

Please feel free to correct me - my only exposure to the Fate series is through the anime - haven't really dived into the games or novels.

Mistaking Jeanne as Saber is understandable, she is part of the infamous "Saber faces" after all. Hohoho.

And yes, the Ruler class will debut in the Apocrypha. I'm really looking forward to this one, as Semiramis is in it <3

I'm really looking forward to this one, as Semiramis is in it 3

She does look like a very interesting Assassin class servant indeed. :angel:

Semiramis_Ototsugu_Konoe-assassin-of-red-fate-series.png.2cfefbfdb40f73e830046d8fcdedc20f.png

Assassin-fate-apocrypha-anime.jpg.92fcf1e21861c1ca6667d5f47c328460.jpg

Looking back at Fate/zero, the Assassin class servant that was featured wasn't too memorable, though the one in Fate/stay night UBW was pretty interesting, (a samuari from memory?) I vaguely remember Saber confronting him at a gate. Might be time to to rewatch certain scenes I think. >_<

Looking back at Fate/zero, the Assassin class servant that was featured wasn't too memorable, though the one in Fate/stay night UBW was pretty interesting, (a samuari from memory?) I vaguely remember Saber confronting him at a gate. Might be time to to rewatch certain scenes I think. >_<

Yeah, I think the F/Zero one was... one of the Hassans? and the F/SN one was Sasaki Kojiro.

I really love Semiramis and I've been waiting for her release in F/Grand Order for like, a year now.

Apparently, Assassins hate me so I'm worried about not getting her.

• Geano locked this topic