Fate/Grand Order: First Order

Optic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd1gYH8g2Vg

[FLOAT_RIGHT]Fate-Grand-Order-First-Order-Visual.thumb.jpg.6bacd782d201f7cdea6a40a407316717.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

The story is set in the year 2015, during the final era over which magic still held a strong influence. The humanity survival and security organization Chaldea was established to observe the world that can only be seen by magic and the world that can only be measured by science; as well as to prevent the final extinction of humanity.

Thanks to the efforts of many researchers, the path of human history has been ensured for 100 years into the future. However, without warning, the realm of the future that was under constant observation by Chaldea vanished. The extinction of humanity in 2017 was observed—no, confirmed.

The apparent cause of the extinction was in the Japanese city of Fuyuki in 2004. In that city, there was an "unobservable realm" which had never existed until now.

Chaldea issued the Grand Order for a "Holy Grail Expedition," to investigate, uncover, and possibly destroy the singularity that apparently will cause the extinction of humanity.

This is an anime adaptation of the mobile game Fate/Grand Order. I've personally never played the game in much depth, though it looks quite popular in Japan. I did try it once on my iPhone by registering an Apple ID in the Japanese App Store but didn't get too far.

This is airing in the end of this year as a "special" - am looking forward to seeing this out of curiosity of the Fate franchise, and have also seen some merchandise being recently released for Fate/Grand Order. From what I've seen - Mash Kyrielight (Shielder) looks quite cute and elegant. ;)

fate-grand-order-first-order-01.thumb.jpg.595be6c26a5588ea2e5432628d9d7125.jpg

Edited by Guest

I enjoyed Fate/Grand Order: First Order!

fgo-1735.thumb.jpg.3643ef7770dc1d4b7bf8ea1bcdcc0af7.jpg

I was going to write this sooner but I ended up playing the mobile game (which this adaptation is based on) out of curiosity.. just for a little bit.

Although we have been spoilt by ufotable with their previous Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and Fate/Zero releases, I found FGO quite enjoyable. Animation quality was quite bland in comparison but still enjoyable.

If their goal was to raise awareness of the mobile game, it worked on me. >_< This adaption seems to tie in closely with the starting prologue of the game.

Some comparison screenshots of the game vs. the anime:

[spoiler=Mash/Shielder attacking skeletons - game]

fate-grand-order-shielder-attacking.thumb.jpg.bebf757b3ac5e8f6f8f221b67aa0f1d0.jpg

[spoiler=Mash/Shielder attacking skeletons - anime]

mash-kyrielight-shielder-fate-grand-order-anime-043.thumb.jpg.d471a1a1b4a666e73d60037e6fa5908b.jpg

fgo-1456.thumb.jpg.96c6a2afe1f566201ebb5ce820ebe1ad.jpg

[spoiler=Player stats - game]

fate-grand-order-shielder-female-mage.thumb.jpg.d5114b93cbd883a6aa47c4366c99e877.jpg

[spoiler=Mash/Shielder dialogue scene - game]

fate-grand-order-shielder-shielder-talking-game.thumb.jpg.15eeecdbedeae7a54fae84c1cf474c0f.jpg

Setting of Chaldea, its time intervention goals and the time jumping concept was pretty cool. Also the December 2016 end of humanity date was amusing. :P

Olga (aka: Olgamally Animusphere), such a tsundere. Loved her reaction when Ritsuka fell asleep during briefing. Though she didn't get much of a chance to shine. I wonder if her story continues on in the mobile game or is she gone?

fate-grand-order-olga-reaction-class.thumb.jpg.328819feef32f92489053744198120fd.jpg

Lancer was nice and witty. Archer and Saber were OK.

The main character (aka: Commoner 48 / senpai) was ordinary. Though him giving Mash that final push so she could unlock her noble phantasm was a nice moment.

Mash of course was the star of the show. She is also VERY cute, kind and elegant. (o^.^o) As @Sekkarou once said:

Mash is best kouhai.

mash-kyrielight-shielder-fate-grand-order-anime-037.thumb.jpg.20223a9cd4a2479ee6f10dad4f5d7e46.jpg

I also finished a screenshot gallery of Mash:

https://animeforums.net/mash-kyrielight-shielder-gallery/

Inside also: two portrait stitched panorama shots: first appearance as Shielder and standing

Also I MIGHT have pre-ordered a certain merchandise figure.... :angel:

fate-grand-order-shielder-aniplex-figure.thumb.jpeg.ba471b9833ccb089048b80241e971df0.jpeg

Overall ... 8/10

fgo-0211.thumb.jpg.6029170d7985320fb3a33fbd1618a4c5.jpg

fate-grand-order-Fujimaru-Ritsuka-fall-asleep-class.thumb.jpg.21530e03e94e5e0b1a8706ac36288761.jpg

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

That pre-order tho. Anything for the best kouhai!

Some of the things in the game wasn't in the movie tho. Well, they had to fit the whole First Singularity - Fuyuki in a single movie so yeah.

It's funny how F/GO players in Reddit went like "Cu Culainn(The Caster or previously Lancer, whichever you prefer) wasn't supposed to be that strong!" as a joke since he was stupidly weak as a support character early in the game.

I was looking forward to seeing a fight vs Berserker in the movie due to it giving me an early nightmare in the game, but I guess they skipped it out and decided to focus more on the fight against Archer.

Mash unlocking her Noble Phantasm on the fight against Saber Alter was a nice touch tho, as it was unlocked in-game against a stupid skeleton.

Also, every player(Including me) was disappointed that the main character's name wasn't "Gudao" as it was the name the players called him by ever since the game's release. lol. Well, at least now he has an official name.

I'm looking forward to see if they'll make the other Singularities a movie. Since at the end, they showed Jeanne D'Arc, Nero, and Francis Drake, representing the Orleans, Septem, and Okeanos Singularities respectively.

TL;DR: I enjoyed it. As a veteran player of F/GO, I loved the movie. Definitely recommend watching.

Also, if anyone wanna play the mobile game, then feel free to add my account up as a support. It may not do much, but a support in your friend list gives you access to the servant's Noble Phantasm. Chat me up if you want to add me. lol

Again, Mash is best kouhai. And Fou is best pet.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

• 6 months later...

Wow, time flies - it has already been 6 months since that pre-order.... :P

I'm happy to say that Shielder arrived today! Will unbox and find a spot for her in the coming days.

fate-grand-order-shielder-aniplex-figure-arrived.thumb.jpg.2f962c6365da6ab01ffc27d1a0f0cea0.jpg

Again, Mash is best kouhai. And Fou is best pet.

Yes... yes... I agree! :angel:

fate-grand-order-shielder-fou.thumb.jpg.9f3df075e395aa67e8dadedf31511d4f.jpg

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic