Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya - how good is this series and is it a spin-off?

Optic

This title looks interesting because I see it has several characters from the Fate franchise!

Is this a spin-off? It has no relation to Fate/Zero, Fate/stay night, etc. ?

@Ryuji & anyone else that has seen it.

59e216ea67591_Fate-KaleidLinerPrismaIllya-2.thumb.jpg.541b7fc8bb26e254cfb90e19835d74bb.jpg

Yes, I think it is kind of a spin-off or kind of like an alternate universe from that of the other two titles. Like Shiro, he's just an ordinary guy in the house and Illya lives under the same roof while experiencing all that fancy magical stuff.

As for the series itself, it's kind of fun yet interesting, and I've been following it since it first aired.

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 1

Need to get round to watching this at somepoint, but then, I need to get round to watching Fate/Zero too - watched Carnival Phantasm, which was out around the same time, however I stand by my choice, Carnival Phantasm is a hilarious series, features the characters from Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night!

As Stoodell says, it's an alternate universe, Shiro and Illya are siblings (well, Shiro's adopted, so many nods to the "prime" universe then), Shiro's a "nobody" whilst Illya is a magical girl, and there's no Holy Grail, unless it's been re-purposed, and that's what gives the magical girls their power!

It appears Bazett has a large role in this series, although Sakura has a diminished role, however she is getting her "own" movie :D!

• Informative 1

@Optic Watch Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya. So far, there are three seasons and then season 4 airs this summer. Each season consists of 10 episodes and they are WONDERFUL! I can highly recommend it.

Know that this opinion is based only on my knowledge of Fate/Kaleid as I have yet to watch ANY of the rest of the Fate series xP However I shall be watching them as soon as I can. It's high on my priority list.

My favorite character is a Fate/Kaleid exclusive who appears in Season 2.

and there's no Holy Grail,

The Holy Grail stuff takes off in season 3 of Fate/Kaleid.

It appears Bazett has a large role in this series, although Sakura has a diminished role,

I won't say Bazett has a "large" role but starting at the end of season 2, she does appear often.

I don't even remember who Sakura is.....

The Holy Grail stuff takes off in season 3 of Fate/Kaleid.

I won't say Bazett has a "large" role but starting at the end of season 2, she does appear often.

I don't even remember who Sakura is.....

Interesting to know, in regards to the Holy Grail!

Well she's got a larger role than in Fate/Stay Night; non-existent ;)! She features in Fate/Hollow Atraxia, which when I finally get a Vita, I'm so playing :D! She features in Carnival Phantasm as well, I'm just trying to remember how much now!

I was going to say "how could you forget Sakura!?", but in this series, she only has a minor role, TYPE-MOON wikia has this to say "appears briefly to help Shirou after he is injured"!

That said, looking at anidb, it seems that Sakura might not even feature in the series, perhaps her appearances in the manga were not adapted, so as to cut costs, if she's such a "minor" character!

Edited by Guest

• Geano locked this topic