Favorite Disney movie?

Frost

Ryuji and I talk about Disney movies all the time xD But I was curious if anyone wanted to share some of their favorites?

It's honestly hard for me to choose and it really depends on my mood but my favorite more recent is Tangled.

But in all honesty, I can't think of one I really don't like and it's hard for me to choose. ; ___ ;

• Like 2

My favorites:

The Three Caballeros (1945)

The Incredible Journey (1963)

The Three Lives of Thomasina (1964)

The Aristocats (1970)

Oliver and Company (1988)

Beauty and the Beast (1991)

Aladdin (1992)

The Lion King (1994)

Angels in the Outfield (1994)

The Emperor's New Groove (2000)

Atlantis The Lost Empire (2001)

Lilo and Stitch (2002)

Treasure Planet (2002)

Finding Nemo (2003)

National Treasure (2004)

The Pacifier (2005)

Up (2009)

Tangled (2010)

That's all of my favorites that I can think of that I know were made by Disney.

• Like 4

I was just thinking of making this thread. xD I love Disneeey. I grew up with Disney Channel and later on watched Disney Junior because of my youbger sister. But the movies which I considered my favorite are:

The Lion King ( Cried soooo hard for Mufasa)

Frozen ( Best Line ever for Queen else is "You can't marry a man you just met. The songs are catchy too)

Tangled ( Eugene was a genius and damn funny)

Wreck It Ralph

The Aristocats ( I just love Marie <3)

El Dorado

The Princess and the Frog

Brave ( I was stuck with the socttish accent for a month!)

Lilo and Stitch ( Waaaah. Experiment 625 was cute even though stitch is cuter. )

Tinkerbell! ( I've watched it till the latest ones <3 )

The Rise of the Guardians

Big Hero Six ( Baymax was soooo cute)

Bambi (But I liked thumper best)

The adventures of Pooh Bear

101 Dalmatians

The hunchback of Notre Dame

Mulan.

I still have a lot more but my mind is still buffering. xD *rolls around*

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I grew up in the '90s, so most of my favorites came from the Renaissance Era:

In no particular order:

- Beauty and the Beast

- Mulan

- Tarzan

- The Little Mermaid

- Hunchback of Notre Dame

And some not from the Era as well:

- Lilo and Stitch

- Tangled

- Enchanted

- Zootopia (<3 my favorite Disney movie to date)

Funny thing about Hunchback of Notre Dame... I used to dislike that movie, or rather, indifferent towards it. I was quite young when I first watched it, so a lot of the mature themes went over my head. I even had an argument about whether if The Prince of Egypt was a better movie than Hunchback. But damn, after my rewatch of the film, I had to admit just how great that movie was. Claude Frollo was definitely the best Disney villain, ever. His whole character was so disturbing and uncomfortable even to my adult self, a twisted but tragic antagonist.

One thing I have mixed feelings about though is that Quasimodo didn't "get the girl". This was an ambitious take that made Hunchback an unconventional Disney film in a good way, but it also felt like it's encouraging lookism in hypocrisy. I get that Esmeralda not falling in love with Quasimodo isn't necessarily lookism, but I also feel that the film is contradicting itself by making it look like Esmeralda didn't pick Quasimodo because he isn't as handsome as Phoebus. It's a problematic catch-22 writing that makes the film imperfect IMO; damned if she picks Quasi, damned if she don't.

Today, my favorite Disney film has to be Zootopia. I didn't watch it on release date and only caught it around last year. It blew my mind away when I first watched it. Ever since Hunchback, I felt like this was Disney's real attempt at targeting mature themes. The whole "American dream" theme has been done to death in American cinema and otherwise, but to put it in a kids film was unconventional. The only other example I could think of was "An American Tail", which also tackled antisemitism. Zootopia didn't tread very deeply in its message regarding the American dream, but I felt like didn't need to. It was the right amount of optimism at the end, with Judy telling the audience that the world isn't perfect, but we can try to make it better. Not the most original message, but it was an effective conclusion that made the movie great nonetheless.

It's a shame we won't get another Disney movie as amazing as Zootopia for perhaps another decade or two, but it will be worth the wait. :)

• Like 1

I think the latest Disney movie I love the most is Zootopia.

However I do miss the 2D animation movies like Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan, and Tarzan.

I know they tried to bring it back with the Princess and the Frog... But I want the old Disney back :P

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If I had to pick a single favorite it would be The Great Mouse Detective. It was actually released more or less right before I was born, and it was the first Disney movie that I ever watched. Let's just say that it made a ridiculously amazing impact on me. I wanted to be like Basil of Baker Street, have a friend like Dawson, and live this crazy, eccentric life. Ever since then, I've watched it at least once every few years, and I still find it weirdly inspirational.

The_Great_Mouse_Detective_1992_Re-Release_Poster.jpg.6818ae94a560af22a50d86d1789601c0.jpg

You know, now that I'm a bit older, I can really appreciate this movie a lot more than I could when I was a little kid. It had the heroes visiting a fucking cabaret, getting drugged, lots of alcoholism in general, and a little girl getting kidnapped by a villain that really wasn't very funny in the slightest. For a Disney movie, it was beautifully dark, dreary. Still, the good guy triumphed in the end. That spoke to me, I guess?

I kinda relate to Basil. He's terrible at dealing with emotional stuff, struggles with trying to fit into a "normal" society, is a bit of an utter outcast, and yet, despite it all, still does his best to help people by using all of his eccentricities on their behalf. I can really sympathize with that, hahaha. :angel:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...