Favorite Food

Ciara

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my, there are so many noms that I enjoy but I'll start with my most favourite kind. I thoroughly enjoy crispy food, (yay, junk food junkie!), it can taste bland but it must be crispy. The concert that goes on when crunching on those stuff is how I like my food to be.

Which makes puff pastries one the best foods to me.

I have some favourite food.

My tongue changes taste from time to time. ^^

I'm craving for the green curry garlic chicken these days. I like the taste when it melt in my mouth. The tender white meat and skin is very nice to chew too.

I have some favourite food.

My tongue changes taste from time to time. ^^

I'm craving for the green curry garlic chicken these days. I like the taste when it melt in my mouth. The tender white meat and skin is very nice to chew too.

Ooh, I like chicken curry too. With rice especially. I also like Curry Katsudon. As for green curry, I am good with it too. anything meat is fine to me ahaha! xD

Curry, chutney, masala. Yum.

While I like to mention Roti Prata (rolls of the tongue better), I partake thosai more often. Since it has to be made-to-order, eating a fresh one right from the griddle is satisfying.

I love me some Indian Cuisine. But the spicy curry is still a big weakness of mine, I sweat buckets.

Oh my, there are so many noms that I enjoy but I'll start with my most favourite kind. I thoroughly enjoy crispy food, (yay, junk food junkie!), it can taste bland but it must be crispy. The concert that goes on when crunching on those stuff is how I like my food to be.

Crispy food is what I enjoy the most. That's why most of my favourite food are snacks such as chips. There's fries as well. But my favourite main course would be Fish and Chips. But it gotta be deep fried and not pan fried.

Crispy food is what I enjoy the most. That's why most of my favourite food are snacks such as chips. There's fries as well. But my favourite main course would be Fish and Chips. But it gotta be deep fried and not pan fried.

I like mine battered and deep fried! But usually I'm scared off when the eatery using friggin' black oil for deep-frying. :(

Eck! Black oil would indicate it is too old, OR they haven't filtered it regularly. :-/

Source: family Fish & Chip shop business. ;)

lol Whats the best fish to batter and fry Optic?

I'm into Vietnamese food, loving yellow curry and pho. Spring rolls are always delicious too. But if were being honest my favorite food has to be buffalo wings, boneless prefferably.

lol Whats the best fish to batter and fry Optic?

Personal preference really, as long as the batter is done correctly and is tasty it'll steam real nice inside. :D Our shop offers Silver Snapper, Flake (Shark), Red Emperor and Baramundi.

Sadly I am allergic to most fish, doesn't stop me from having a small amount every now and then though. Smells too good. ;)

Good on you, Optic!:cool: Is it a brick & mortar fish & chips store?

I don't really like fast food F&C a la Long John Silver's, I don't understand why someone will trade quality fresh fish for mass produced cookie cutter fried fish. :-/

Brick and mortar. Most of our fish comes in frozen, which is the reality for most suburban F&C shops. The ones that are by the ports or beaches will usually offer fresh fish, for a premium.

Despite the frozen fish, if cooked well consistently it still tastes GREAT and we get a lot of great feedback and repeat customers for our sensible prices and awesome batter. Customer service helps too, awesome tasting hot chips, great tasting batter, oil filtered weekly and lots of menu options including grilled fish and hamburgers on the grill. ;)

Mm, fish and chips! I like me some battered cod! I have yet to expose my self for more Indian foods, but I will wait for Singapore! I don't trust the Indian cuisines in food courts.

I love Vietnamese food as well. Pho, mmm!

Crispy foods are awesome. My favorite: chicken skins.. Made by itself! Killing me softly, lol.

Some foods I am crazy about at the moment:

Eggplant parmesian

Steak - Ribeye in Medium Rare

A delicious burger that has to have BACON!

Burger in sourdough bread that must have avocados. I'm so weird!

I made my self hungry! As you can tell, most of my money goes to food. Always worth it <3

A list of my favourite food! No practical order =3

1. Sushi - Give me any sushi and I will eat it xD But without mayo and wasabi please!

2. Gyoza/Dumplings - I love that soooo much! I will make them myself when I have moved out for sure.

3. Tempura - Vegetables and shrimp, it's so amazing, love it that it is crunchy.

4. Hot Pot - I eat it at least 3 times a month! All those yummy vegetables and beef it's so good.

5. Mie/Ramen/Rice etc is also something I can't recist.

6. Tofu - You can do so much with it and it tastes great every time!

Pretty much anything Japanese I guess. Thank goodness I have someone to share that passion for Japanese food with.

A list of my favourite food! No practical order =3

Hot Pot - I eat it at least 3 times a month! All those yummy vegetables and beef it's so good.

EW, HOT POT!!!! :( I've had hot pot twice and both times I didn't like it very much but I have only had it at a Chinese Restaurant. The first time I got a tummy ache from it. The second time I had it, it actually tasted better but it still isn't something I would have often. Most of the time you don't even know what is in it. :(

Oh but all your other choices of food are very nice. I love sushi too. I am weird and never eat soy sauce with my sushi :) Also dumplings are amazing. I am surprised though that not any of my Chinese friends like dumplings. They all dislike them so much and they tell me that dumplings have become more of a westerner food.

All your favourites are Japanese... what about European dishes!!! :P

Oh I have some Dutch favourites! Stamppot Andijvie! Gosh I love that whenever my mom makes it.

Andijviestamppot, raw endive mashed with hot potatoes, served with diced fried spek (a kind of bacon). Usually the side meat are meatballs and you can put some gravy over the meal. I absolutely love this dish!

Hete bliksem (literally Hot Lightning), boiled potatoes and green apples, served with stroop (treacle) or tossed with diced speck

Another Dutch dinner dish is pannenkoeken (pancakes are named after pannenkoeken), which come in several varieties including poffertjes (miniature pancakes) and spekdik (a Northern variant with bacon). Wentelteefjes (French toast) are the original ones, it's also a Dutch dish!

Happy Optic? ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Optic? ;D

Those sound very tasty, I sure am! I am really kicking myself though for not having the chance to try traditional Dutch dishes when I was in Amsterdam or Den Haag... I must visit again and spend more time to soak in the culinary delights and culture!

Oh and what were those Dutch waffles called again? I need to try those too! :P

All your favourites are Japanese... what about European dishes!!! :P

Oh I have some Dutch favourites! Stamppot Andijvie! Gosh I love that whenever my mom makes it.

Andijviestamppot, raw endive mashed with hot potatoes, served with diced fried spek (a kind of bacon). Usually the side meat are meatballs and you can put some gravy over the meal. I absolutely love this dish!

Hete bliksem (literally Hot Lightning), boiled potatoes and green apples, served with stroop (treacle) or tossed with diced speck

Another Dutch dinner dish is pannenkoeken (pancakes are named after pannenkoeken), which come in several varieties including poffertjes (miniature pancakes) and spekdik (a Northern variant with bacon). Wentelteefjes (French toast) are the original ones, it's also a Dutch dish!

Happy Optic? ;D

You have to feed me dutch food.. oh my goodness those sound so damn good!

• Funny 1

• 2 years later...