First Romance Anime?

Yuuki_Radosian

We all had to start somewhere.

What was your first Romance Anime and what was your first reaction ?

For myself I started with Eureka 7 which was just the right amount of Mech , Action , Comedy and Romance to prevent my younger self (about 11 years old) from dropping it due to the fact that it was a Romance Anime.

I still love Eureka 7 and Eureka is still one of my favorite characters and Renton x Eureka is still one of my favorite couples.

Eureka_and_Renton_by_snowman5713.jpg.817868f17dfc4862490d3ef1ee6e4b01.jpg

• Like 1

Well, my first anime in general was technically a romance anime, Sword Art Online. When I had first watched it, I was actually hoping for a Kirito x Lizbeth paring. I'm not really a fan of Asuna, and don't support the typical Kirito x Asuna pairing at all.

• Agree 1

Well, my first anime in general was technically a romance anime, Sword Art Online. When I had first watched it, I was actually hoping for a Kirito x Lizbeth paring. I'm not really a fan of Asuna, and don't support the typical Kirito x Asuna pairing at all.

Ahh I am with you there I also would have enjoyed Kirito x Liz more.

If they wrote it like that and still had Asuna liking Kirito it would have added a whole new dynamic to the show , in my opinion.

I think the main reason the writer Kirito and Asuna together was because she is so independent and a strong warrior and that makes her useful in the fights and it makes Kirito protecting her and fighting to save her a bit more meaningful , not to mention that the whole time when Asuna is stuck in game and Kirito is free and that other bastard is trying to marry her wouldn't be as emotional if she was the weak type.

Suzuka. I watched it when I was like 10 or 11 or something. I liked it, but I liked basically any anime at that time. Can't remember too much of it. I'm glad a lot of the first few anime I watched ended up being very pure and nice, because otherwise I would have stopped giving anime a chance, since I've always been a total prude.

My first Romance Anime was Familiar of Zero (Zero no Tsukaima). 3 Louise 3

I loved Zero no Tsukaima , it was brilliant.

I watched all four seasons in under 4 days @_@ and then re-watched it a few times.

Louise is a Tsundere Queen and Saito . . . poor guy.

I still remember Derp I mean Derf (lol).

• 1 month later...
We all had to start somewhere.

What was your first Romance Anime and what was your first reaction ?

For myself I started with Eureka 7 which was just the right amount of Mech , Action , Comedy and Romance to prevent my younger self (about 11 years old) from dropping it due to the fact that it was a Romance Anime.

I still love Eureka 7 and Eureka is still one of my favorite characters and Renton x Eureka is still one of my favorite couples.

[ATTACH]22322[/ATTACH]

Surprisingly neon genesis evangelion and then i started binge watched romance animes in my room and no one shall enter!

• 2 weeks later...

First romance for me was Special A and it was my 2nd anime. I watched it randomly on youtube cause back then I didn't know where you're supposed to watch anime :P . I don't remember it much but back then I kinda liked it. If I watched it now, though, I doubt I'd like it as much. It wasn't bad but not great either.

I think mine was Kaichou Wa Maid-sama. I didn't finished it tho. Guess I wasn't fit with romance at all.

Keep watching romance and you will eventually fit. but if you truly don't feel towards romance. Find something else you love to watch (genre/series).

Keep watching romance and you will eventually fit. but if you truly don't feel towards romance. Find something else you love to watch (genre/series).

Already did that. But thanks. xD I don't exactly like too sweet stuffs from romance animes that's maybe why I don't fit but there are some romance anime that I like tho. It depends I guess. :)

Already did that. But thanks. xD I don't exactly like too sweet stuffs from romance animes that's maybe why I don't fit but there are some romance anime that I like tho. It depends I guess. :)

I guess that's a bit like me i don't like some romances some are cliche and plots are similar but i still love the genre as a whole!

well you like ecchi and most of the time ecchi comes with romance.

you will like it sooner or later xD.

• Agree 1

well you like ecchi and most of the time ecchi comes with romance.

you will like it sooner or later xD.

Well yeah. But not all. xD.

I guess that's a bit like me i don't like some romances some are cliche and plots are similar but i still love the genre as a whole!

Yeah, it depends.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My first romance anime was Kaichou Wa Maid-sama. I didn't usually watch romance type series. But after watching this, I came to like romance animes. The reactions I got was:

:D<3:crazy::blush:

Edited by Guest

My first romance anime was Kaichou Wa Maid-sama. I didn't usually watch romance type series. But after watching this, I came to like romance animes. The reactions I got was:

:D3:crazy::blush:

I know the feels , I love Kaichou wa Maid-sama , Usui has way too much patience but Misaki was definitely worth it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd say Swort art online was my first real romance anime so far (if that counts) but over and above that it's Your lie in april. I'm abit helpless when it comes to romance, feelings overrun me very quickly haha.

I actually think that Clannad is the first and one of the very few romance anime that I have ever watched. It was a life changing experience, but like... I don't actually like watching romantic stuff to begin with. :) I tend to find it boring unless it's really, really, really good. Then, I'm completely indoctrinated.

• Agree 1

Clannad, if it counts. Also one of my first anime. I think it established a lot of false expectations for me on what anime romance was supposed to look like. lol

• Geano locked this topic