From the New World (Shinsekai Yori)

WingedHao

Finished the anime yesterday and I didn't thought I would enjoyed it so much. Find the story to be well written and the 2nd half of the show was quite intense.

Really guys, do yourself a flavor and start watching Shinsekai Yori if you haven't.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

@WingedHao: pardon me for bumping an old thread, but I've been looking for another deep dystopian, Sci-Fi title to dive into and this looks like a solid candidate.

Following a sudden outbreak of psychokinesis in 0.1% of the population, a rapid transformation swept the world. The godlike ability to manipulate matter remotely turned many power wielders to violence, inciting a long period of upheaval. Finally, after a chaotic era shaped by the rise and fall of oppressive regimes, the psychic humans were able to achieve a fragile peace by isolating their society, creating a new world bound by complex rules.

In the town of Kamisu 66, 12-year-old Saki Watanabe has just awakened to her powers and is relieved to rejoin her friends—the mischievous Satoru Asahina, the shy Mamoru Itou, the cheerful Maria Akizuki, and Shun Aonuma, a mysterious boy whom Saki admires—at Sage Academy, a special school for psychics. However, unease looms as Saki begins to question the fate of those unable to awaken to their powers, and the children begin to get involved with secretive matters such as the rumored Tainted Cats said to abduct children.

Shinsekai yori tells the unique coming-of-age story of Saki and her friends as they journey to grow into their roles in the supposed utopia. Accepting these roles, however, might not come easy when faced with the dark and shocking truths of society, and the impending havoc born from the new world.

I've added this to my to watch list. :angel:

from-the-new-worldd-Shinsekai-Yori.thumb.jpg.ad91918a41ef8834522e90b7154567c0.jpg

• Geano locked this topic