Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood or Hunter X Hunter 2011?

Manifesto

Basically the title.

I've seen that FMAB is higher rated but then again has more members as well. On the other hand, I've heard more positve things about HxH 2011 in the forums, but yet again it is more recent so fresher in minds.

I dropped HxH after 21 episodes. It just seemed like another generic shounen to me. Don't know why it got all that hype.

Nah, I'm kidding. Sorta. HxH did vary somewhat, but not to the extent that I could enjoy it. The similarities it had to other shounen titles bugged me a lot, probably because people kept saying, "It's not a shounen! It's a more intelligent shounen!" blah blah blah. So I was focused on nitpicking the flaws that every shounen had, and ended up not enjoying it at all.

FMA:B, on the other hand, was pretty darn entertaining... despite also suffering from the same shounen cliches sometimes. When I first watched it, I didn't know what the term "overrated" meant. Probably a reason I sat through it without complaint. It was one of my first real anime, after all.

• 1 year later...
Basically the title.

I've seen that FMAB is higher rated but then again has more members as well. On the other hand, I've heard more positve things about HxH 2011 in the forums, but yet again it is more recent so fresher in minds.

I prefer Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood myself.

• Geano locked this topic