Graphic Editing Software

Greeneyes

Please give a little summary of the softwares strong points and weak points

1. If you animate what software do you use?

2. What software do you use to make wallpapers if you do?

3. If you make wallpapers with a mouse then please say! and if it is with a drawing tablet tell me also!

• 2 weeks later...

Not an artist myself, but I've heard many good things about CLIP STUDIO PAINT - a lot of pixiv artists use it. And it looks like you can do all sorts of styles with it including cel-shading, pencil, watercolor, thick-paint style...

Check this video out in full:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byXIAKSzJw8

CLIP STUDIO PAINT is made by CELSYS, the same company that made MangaStudio. It is the standard in freehand illustration software. Over 1.5 million people across the world use CLIP STUDIO PAINT and the adoption rate continues to explode.

• Like 1

I own an old Wacom tablet that I found at a Goodwill store years ago. I never used it much until last month, when I came across it and tested to see if it worked at all... since then I've been using it for goofy doodles and things of the sort.

I tried a couple different programs, and found Sketchbook Pro to be a pretty pleasant thing to work with. I'm utterly useless at any sort of advanced techniques, but for simple things, at least, it has been pretty pleasant.

For minor image editing, resizing, cropping, and things of that sort, I typically use Paint.net, which is a pretty good freeware program that is very easy to use. On the exceedingly rare occasion that I do anything involving animation (like my signature) I use ... well, let's just say that it's a terrible, ancient thing that will be old enough to vote in a couple of years that I use.

But yeah, I'm basically a total newbie when it comes to image stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
I own an old Wacom tablet that I found at a Goodwill store years ago. I never used it much until last month, when I came across it and tested to see if it worked at all... since then I've been using it for goofy doodles and things of the sort.

I tried a couple different programs, and found Sketchbook Pro to be a pretty pleasant thing to work with. I'm utterly useless at any sort of advanced techniques, but for simple things, at least, it has been pretty pleasant.

For minor image editing, resizing, cropping, and things of that sort, I typically use Paint.net, which is a pretty good freeware program that is very easy to use. On the exceedingly rare occasion that I do anything involving animation (like my signature) I use ... well, let's just say that it's a terrible, ancient thing that will be old enough to vote in a couple of years that I use.

But yeah, I'm basically a total newbie when it comes to image stuff.

What kind of wacom tablet do you have?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/31/2017 at 5:10 AM, Optic said:

Not an artist myself, but I've heard many good things about CLIP STUDIO PAINT  - a lot of pixiv artists use it. And it looks like you can do all sorts of styles with it including cel-shading, pencil, watercolor, thick-paint style...

Check this video out in full:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byXIAKSzJw8

This is a great video. I want to learn more about this app

This is a great video. I want to learn more about this app. This seems to be the best graphic editing tool

Edited by chizay