HAVE you ever watched an subs anime and after a while watching magically you dont need subs

VXDragonSlayer

• 4 months later...

You mean unconsciously understanding Japanese?

I never really understood why people say this.

Realistically, If i were to ask if you could translate 60% of an episode, I seriously doubt you would get passed 30%.

But then again, I guess other people learn languages faster then others.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 2

You mean unconsciously understanding Japanese?

I never really understood why people say this.

Realistically, If i were to ask if you could translate 60% of an episode, I seriously doubt you would get passed 30%.

But then again, I guess other people learn languages faster then others.

Of course i wouldnt be able to translate it but heres the thing after a a while on watching subs for a long time i generally forget about the subs and I dont need them that is until I realize I am not reading the subs :P

I wish I could do this. I have been watching subbed anime forever and I still can't understand anything in Japanese other than simple things. Then again I'm terrible with languages. If I watched a raw I would not have no idea what is being said. xP

Well that was me while watching anime after a while subconciously i didnt need subs untill i relized i what i was doing|>~>| so tell me has it happend to you?

I think you'd be able to get the gist of many titles without subtitles as many anime scenarios and character personalities tend to get reused over and over.

This assumes you're watching a title with a fairly standard plot - definitely wouldn't work for those psychological thriller titles!

• Agree 2

Yeah it's easy to watch that episode without the subs, you just switch over to the dubbed! And boom! No longer need subs :D

But honest answer though, I understand a lot of the words they say but I still always need the subs ._. But at times I can watch the anime without even looking down at the subs.. Sometimes my eyes just catch the words without even looking at them.

• Agree 1

• Geano locked this topic