Hello!

JesuDesu22

Hi there! I have been missing out on the wonderful world of anime, due to (gasp) real life. It's quite sad, really! But I'm trying to get back into it now that I've almost graduated school. Also because my favourite light novel series (Eromanga-Sensei) is becoming an anime in April. >w< I'm SUPER excited.

I study Japanese language at an intermediate level, having passed JLPT N3 and currently studying for JLPT N2. I want to master Japanese someday and pass the N1 test!! It will be a dream come true. I think I might want to be a Japanese translator, career-wise, but I'm not sure. I also like to work on computer games, so that's an option for me as well. It's a very tough decision, because whatever I choose, that's what I gotta do for the rest of my life! D:

So, um, yeah... Nice to meet you! Hope we get along. :D

• Like 1

Hai Welcome to the forums ^_^

Yah i know how it feels being busy with life.

Hope all goes well with learning Japanese and you code games ?

Thank you for the welcome! I'm not sure where I would fit in to be honest, in regards to messing with game code. I'm new to studying programming, but I have a Ragnarok Online server. It's not public yet, but I have been writing code for various things... Fixing bugs, and adding new content to make my server unique. I just got into it because it sounded fun and I tend to do things on a whim, but I really love working on it... I'd love to learn more about it and try making a game from scratch. :3

np ^_^ you will figure it out xP you can do it ^_^

i did a little programming when i was at college im not good at it, so i respect anyone that is learning it as i know how hard it is.

hope you find what you want to do.

Thats pretty cool keep having working on your server.

yah good luck with making a game, its definitely not easy, keep learning and you can do it

np ^_^ you will figure it out xP you can do it ^_^

i did a little programming when i was at college im not good at it, so i respect anyone that is learning it as i know how hard it is.

hope you find what you want to do.

Thats pretty cool keep having working on your server.

yah good luck with making a game, its definitely not easy, keep learning and you can do it

Thanks. :3 I'll do my best.

You took programming in college? Which language(s) did you study? o: Did you ever finish a game?

Thanks. :3 I'll do my best.

You took programming in college? Which language(s) did you study? o: Did you ever finish a game?

well i did an IT course, it covers networking, basic communications skills at a workplace, graphic design, it also had programming,

regards to the programming, we did php, java/did scripting as well, this was the last stuff we did, we started off using Visual basic, we did sequential and object oriented,

i was bad, if i had to try again i would have no clue, we only did a little bit, it wasn't in depth stuff or anything, we also did sites, HTML/CSS

only part of that i enjoyed was making sites. i was kinda ok at that

we never made games, it was a 2 year course and we had to learn other stuff as well. i prefer networking, i work in the telecoms industry atm

well i did an IT course, it covers networking, basic communications skills at a workplace, graphic design, it also had programming,

regards to the programming, we did php, java/did scripting as well, this was the last stuff we did, we started off using Visual basic, we did sequential and object oriented,

i was bad, if i had to try again i would have no clue, we only did a little bit, it wasn't in depth stuff or anything, we also did sites, HTML/CSS

only part of that i enjoyed was making sites. i was kinda ok at that

we never made games, it was a 2 year course and we had to learn other stuff as well. i prefer networking, i work in the telecoms industry atm

Oh I see! I've not studied any of those much except for HTML, which I studied a lot when I was 9 years old. xD I used to love making websites with HTML. But HTML has evolved a lot since then, I probably wouldn't know how to make anything good now. I remember I used to play Neopets and customize my pet's pages all the time. xD

Networking is so hard! At least, I found it hard with my server. I didn't see how anyone could enjoy networking, ever. xD

Oh I see! I've not studied any of those much except for HTML, which I studied a lot when I was 9 years old. xD I used to love making websites with HTML. But HTML has evolved a lot since then, I probably wouldn't know how to make anything good now. I remember I used to play Neopets and customize my pet's pages all the time. xD

Networking is so hard! At least, I found it hard with my server. I didn't see how anyone could enjoy networking, ever. xD

i only ever made like 2 websites, while i was at college, it wasn't anything good, yeah same here, i wouldn't be able to make anything nice to look at, i wish i knew more about networking, at my current job i mostly deal with the broadband networks. its similar but different, only know a little bit. everyone has different tastes ^_^

Hi there and welcome to the forum! You seem energetic!

Hope you enjoy it here ^-^

Thank you! I'm sure I will enjoy it. :D

Welcome to AF Jesu! I'm new here too. That's cool that you're learning Japanese, you sound pretty confident in your abilities! That's really good. I never could get the hang of it, and I've even taken a course on it, albeit a short one. Sometimes I suspect individuals are sort of "hard-wired" to speak certain languages, and others who are not have to work extra hard. I speak English and am fairly good with German since my mother speaks it and her English is lacking. Having grown up where Spanish is a more dominant language I did end up picking a little bit of that up as well. But Japanese? I guess it's too complicated for my brain. So kudos to you for your efforts. If you do build a career out of it, remember that those sort of jobs open up amazing opportunities to travel, and who doesn't want to travel? Maybe you could teach English in Japan, or create games to learn a new language with your programming skills. Who knows, right?

Thanks and welcome here yourself! Well, I don't mean to sound confident, because actually there is still a LOT I have to learn in order to master the language. I've tried translating manga and light novels before but I had to keep looking things up, so I decided to put that idea on the back-burner until I work on my Japanese skills more. Also, JLPT N3 which I passed is only a lower intermediate test, where as N2 which I'm studying for is higher intermediate. I've only proven myself for lower so far and I still have a long ways to go!

That's cool that you grew up with a language other than English! And yet your English ability is so good! That's pretty lucky! I've actually studied both Spanish and German, too. In fact, in my pre-teens I was so obsessed with languages that I studied more than I can name off hand. xD In high school I took Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin, and German, but I don't learn languages well from classes. I already knew all the Japanese in the class so it was just easy credits. Spanish I studied in my own time outside of class and I remember that better than I remember what was in the class! In general I am an individual learner, actually. I often think classes are a waste of time/money because I learn better from self-study. xD

Oh yes, I want to live in Japan! I have considered it, at least. I've visited Japan twice but I don't know what it's like to live there, so even though I may think it'll be cool, it might not be for me. I am thinking about studying abroad in Japan for university so I can get a feel of what it's like, so that I can make the final decision.

By the way, where are you from, having grown up in a Spanish-speaking nation with a mother who speaks German? :3

hiya and welcome to the forums from well me also

another wonderful character to join our interesting group and It looks like your right at home already

don't be afraid t be all you want to be ~ and well that's not necessary restricted to the forums :)

have fun and all

Heyo welcome to the forums.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Also, a Ragnarok Online server? I would very much love to try it out once it's public.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, It'll only take atleast 3 days to answer.

Hue. See ya around~

So while I too took a semester of Japanese, it didn't stick, and the only thing I can remember how to say is "The fish is red" (Sakana wa akai desu and I cannot even begin to explain why that one in particular stuck with me.)

This stuck out to me, because it's hilarious. It's similar to how I've forgotten most everything in French except for "poptarts are good!" Like...why? Lmao

You don't need to be a master to be confident, but maybe I chose the wrong word (I do that some times,) But you do sound motivated to learn which I think is a really good thing. You have to start somewhere, after all. You have for certain gotten a better grip on it than I do, lol! Maybe you could try translating more basic Japanese, maybe books intended for kids if you can get your hands on one.

I definitely am motivated! :D I love studying Japanese. Actually what I've been doing is picking through various raw manga and light novels for words that I don't know yet, and then studying them all. xD

I want to visit Japan! But for me it's mostly because I like food, and I want to eat Japanese food. And shopping! Where did you visit? How long? What did you do there? I've heard a lot of things about culture differences between Japan and Western countries. There are a lot of things we do that would be considered offensive or rude in Japan- for example walking around on the streets with food in hand. I would have a lot to take notes on if I ever get around to visiting.

I was actually really surprised about the food in Japan when I visited! Like, beef tongue? Horse meat? EW! xD Both times I visited were about 11 days long, altogether I visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Shizuoka, Yokohama, Atami, Fukuoka, and Hiroshima. Of course, in Tokyo I went to Akihabara on both trips. :3 And yes, Japan does have a lot of different etiquette rules than the West, but to be honest I kind of get along with most Japanese rules like that. o: Like not talking on your phone while riding transit for example. It drives me crazy when people do that.

Classes seem to only help reinforce ideas like grammar/spelling/syntax(?) etc. However it is not so good for actually applying what you learn and practicing it. So while I too took a semester of Japanese, it didn't stick, and the only thing I can remember how to say is "The fish is red" (Sakana wa akai desu and I cannot even begin to explain why that one in particular stuck with me.) Self-study is a much better way to go and not to mention there are a lot of online programmes you can take advantage of to practice with native speakers. The best way is to totally immerse yourself, which can be a challenge when you live on the other side of the world. Besides Japanese, what language would you also learn?

I find it is the opposite. xD I am good at learning things like grammar and spelling, etc fine on my own. It is the social aspect of a class that I find useful, because you get to talk to your classmates and practise it with them. I'm super shy when talking online with Japanese people, though! Actually I'm shy in general, even though I don't seem like it... But I find a classroom setting is more convenient for talking to other people than say, trying to meet Japanese people online... I mean, I suppose if it's something like Lang-8 where they are learning a language too, then maybe it's less scary because they have a similar interest. xD Also, that's really funny about the fish sentence! LOL. Ah, I'd totally study Spanish next, but after consuming my life with Japanese, I don't know if I want to take on another language. >w<

Mmm that's complicated. Lol. I was born in Regina, SK however I was adopted and when I was maybe 3-5 years old my family decided to move and I spent most of my life in S. California, US, south of LA so basically on the Mexican border. So in school I was exposed to Spanish/English, but at home it was a mix of English and German after my (adoptive) father remarried. It's not as confusing as it sounds, obviously I learned English just fine. We kind of switched between English and German at home, depending on which parent I was talking to (dad passed when I was 12, so it actually ended up being mostly German throughout high school. I should mention I did try very hard to get my mom to practice her English but she had trouble with that haha) And I picked up Spanish tidbits here and there from my classmates but I never developed it enough to put it to much use. A mix of location and home situation, I suppose.

OMG. Your story sounds so complicated and sad and honestly it sounds like some tragic drama anime. Q_Q WTH! Adopted and your adoptive father dies?! It's such a sad story. And you were only 12. Wow. I don't even know you that well but I feel so bad for you. At least you still have your mom, right?!

hiya and welcome to the forums from well me also

another wonderful character to join our interesting group and It looks like your right at home already

don't be afraid t be all you want to be ~ and well that's not necessary restricted to the forums :)

have fun and all

Hiya! Thank you!

Heyo welcome to the forums.

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Also, a Ragnarok Online server? I would very much love to try it out once it's public.

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to ask, It'll only take atleast 3 days to answer.

Hue. See ya around~

Thank you! Yes, I'm actually almost finished working out all the bugs and stuff, and setting up things like the tutorial, custom Prontera, etc. But I've been busy with a lot of things and I kinda just work on it when I feel like it. xD But I'll post it here when it's done, assuming that the rules allow me to. o: Well, I guess you'd know, anyway. See ya around!

I was actually really surprised about the food in Japan when I visited! Like, beef tongue? !

You didn't include the important detail here: did you eat the tongue? :sarcastic:

ive had ox tongue does that count ?

I... I would actually eat that. I mean, I've actually had tripas tacos (cow intestine) and I've eaten frog legs, peahen, rocky mountain oysters, and even roasted grasshoppers. I'm either really brave or really not picky.

cant say ive had them tho

how ever there are a range of other meats including horse kangaroo emu and dear that I have partaken

some things I may get picky on but id say that that is more in my head and the fact that other things are still obtainable/available to partake in so id say its not so much being picky but id probably eat the others if the situation was so

but having said that I cant say what at this stage but there would still be the odd thing that I wouldn't eat under any situation

Hello and welcome to Anime Forums, @JesuDesu22! I can relate to a lot that you said, as I am also trying to learn Japanese (might still be beginner level or maybe intermediate), and I have always had trouble finding time to watch anime too although I love the style and love drawing it. Anyway, I really hope you have a great time here! Everyone here is very nice as you can probably already tell. Thanks for joining and can't wait to see more from you soon! :D