How would you cope in a disaster?

Wodahs

ok im watching Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 for the firs time and ive now seen 2 episodes

im pretty sure ive seen a review or something on here (all be it I didn't read it) so im not going to go in to a review here

but id be interested (especially more so from tho's that have seen it) in your comments on how you believe you'd react , survive and move forward (or fall apart) in caught up in a major disaster type of situation

for tho's that haven't seen it

Synopsis : Middle school student Mirai Onozawa is dissatisfied with her family circumstances and, in a moment of frustration, wishes to tear everything apart. Unfortunately, these destructive thoughts seem to come true in the form of a magnitude 8.0 earthquake just a few moments later.

When summer vacation begins, Mirai reluctantly takes her younger brother Yuuki to Odaiba, where a robot exhibition that he wanted to go to is being held. However, while they are in the exhibition center, the fury of a major earthquake shakes the Kanto region; helpless, both kids witness the devastating power of this natural disaster as it brings the city to its knees.

In its aftermath, they stumble upon Mari Kusakabe, a motorcyclist and single mother who decides to help the young siblings. Aiming to return to their homes and reunite with their families, the group sets off on a long and hard journey through the decimated city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VyViKOvLdM

I probably should add that I believe that in my situation I would be putting a tier affect in to play whilst acknowledging my own safety

id be trying to assist emergence services where I could with out getting fully evolved in saving every one

whilst I encourage the ones that can look after their own safety to at least do so but using my abilities I have accumulated as being fairly hands on type of person and being able to operate a wide range or equipment

and as I wouldn't be trying to save every one , id probably take control of the group heading in the direction I was and help them as far as they or I was going

but if another was trying to lead id leave it to them trying to encourage from the background to assist the direction needed or splinter off

EDIT :- I should add that that's how I would see my self reacting under my current conditions

if I had family and they ere involved they would have priority but with out putting them at risk if help others where I could same goes if like this story if I had take responsibility for these (or other) children

Edited by Guest

Hi @Wodahs, I have adjusted your thread title and moved it to Chit Chat as your topic is about disasters and life threatening emergencies in general rather than specific anime titles relating to disasters.

Now having said that, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is certainly one of my favourites and a great disaster anime title. :angel:

To answer your question I think I would be fairly calm. I used to be a St. John Ambulance Australia volunteer (Event First Aid Services) and had some rather scary situations - a person with chest pains at a Greyhounds Racing Track and a toddler having epileptic seizures at an AFL game in Subiaco stadium (or whatever they call it these days @_@).

I also had a medical situation relating to my brother and I did panic a little (almost froze) as it's not a situation you normally encounter and for many can happen when you least expect it. My only advice in any potentially emergency is you must remain calm - it's no good for you or anyone else if you run around like a headless chicken or completely faze out, as these situations can quickly become time critical.

Edited by Guest
  • Agree 1

hmm... to be honest I tend to be ridiculously calm in bad situations....(I freak out internally only :P) however, I'm not sure how I'd cope with a big scale disaster as I've never dealt with anything similar up to now... I really hope I'd be kind enough to make sure my family is ok at least

• 4 months later...

Straight up binge watch every anime tell I drowned or I would go about my day normally because things like disasters for some reason dont really impact me in the slightest.....