I Want to Read Manga But...

LPMalakye

I don't know how to explain it properly (since I myself have not been properly diagnosed) but it is hard for me to read a lot of text, especially for any prolonged period of time and that really limits my ability to read (let alone enjoy) Manga, Novels, books etc. So I was wondering if there were any sites (or off-site) I could go to for an audio or narrated library of Manga-novels?

If anyone can offer any solution to my problem I would greatly appreciate it. ^_^ Take care and thank you for your responses.

Hello @LPMalakye, unfortunately I've mostly only seen official audiobooks for popular mainstream novels and books, such as J.K. Rowling and Dan Brown books. Never seen any for manga.

I did some digging around and you might be better off aiming for light novels instead of manga, as they are more likely to have an audiobook available - and you still get some illustrations.

For example this Attack on Titan light novel (The Harsh Mistress of the Cityy) has narration via Amazon Audible:

https://www.amazon.com/Attack-Titan-Harsh-Mistress-City/dp/1941220622/

59e2174026c53_51W2B9gumL5L._SX365_BO1204203200_.jpg.9d32eb1c4b504f09e9c0cf4f884c1e88.jpg

You could also look at buying the Kindle versions (if available) and using narration mode via their iOS or Android apps. I've done this before on both my iPads and the library I work at as a listening aid. Of course, on-the-fly narration will sound a little unnatural but it's pretty nifty.

Possible workarounds:

• Have you tried different lighting conditions for your reading? I prefer using "cool" white lighting instead of "warm" yellow lighting when reading as it is more comfortable for me.
  • Do you find any difference between reading on a book vs. a portable device (tablet, Kindle, etc.) ?

Hope this helps!

• Informative 1