I would like some Anime Suggestions

RepentantSky

If any of you saw my introduction thread, you might have seen me mention that I have been an anime fan for a long time, but went on a sort of hiatus which probably means I missed some good ones. Now I had been watching a little bit here or there, like I've seen Attack On Titan, Orange, D-gray man: Hollow, I tried Re: Zero and Yuri On Ice and didn't really like them, but if anyone good suggestions for anime's, I'd love to hear them.

Some of my favorite anime that I've seen are Full Metal Alchemist, Hanasaku Iroha, Orange, Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso, Myself; Yourself and Tokyo Ghoul. I'm also pretty keen on movies as well like The Place Promised In Our Early Days, everything Ghibli, Wolf Children, Haruka and the Magic Mirror and several like those. So, I mean, I've seen a lot, but obviously also missed a lot, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

• Like 1

I have a text file that I keep up to date with my current top list. Here are my top picks:

* Clannad - The greatest slice of life show I've ever seen in my life, anime or otherwise.

* Fate/Stay Night - Fun action stuff.

* Fate/Zero - Fun action stuff.

* Erased - Amazing murder mystery.

* The Twelve Kingdoms - A regular-person-finds-themselves-in-a-fantasy-land show that's actually done right. Utterly amazing.

* Spice and Wolf - Lovely show that follows a traveling merchant and the wolf deity that has taken to traveling with him.

* Another - Amazing supernatural mystery.

* Kara No Kyoukai - Fun, pretty movies.

* Azumanga Daiho - Intensely hilarious highschool comedy.

* Moribitu - Fun action-packed fantasy.

* Steins;Gate - Time travel!

• Like 1

have you seen the movie summer wars ?

Well I must say I have a few

Erased, Boku no Hero academia, Death Note, Noragami, Baccano!, Beyond the Boundary, Hunter X Hunter (2011), and Izetta: The Last Witch.

I hope you find these interesting!

I have a text file that I keep up to date with my current top list. Here are my top picks:

* Clannad - The greatest slice of life show I've ever seen in my life, anime or otherwise.

* Spice and Wolf - Lovely show that follows a traveling merchant and the wolf deity that has taken to traveling with him.

these I have also seen and recommend as well

is there any some thing in particular like XXXXXX of a direction youd like to be in at the moment

say like recommendations simular to Tokyo Ghoul , or just open recommendations

• Like 1

Yeah I've seen pretty much everything from Hosoda-san. As for recommendations, I'm pretty much open to anything as long as the animation is good. By that I mean that, someone once recommended I watch the anime about table top tennis and I couldn't watch it because the animation was really annoying to look at. As long as the animation is along the lines of typical animation, is probably won't bother me.

If any of you saw my introduction thread, you might have seen me mention that I have been an anime fan for a long time, but went on a sort of hiatus which probably means I missed some good ones. Now I had been watching a little bit here or there, like I've seen Attack On Titan, Orange, D-gray man: Hollow, I tried Re: Zero and Yuri On Ice and didn't really like them, but if anyone good suggestions for anime's, I'd love to hear them.

Some of my favorite anime that I've seen are Full Metal Alchemist, Hanasaku Iroha, Orange, Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso, Myself; Yourself and Tokyo Ghoul. I'm also pretty keen on movies as well like The Place Promised In Our Early Days, everything Ghibli, Wolf Children, Haruka and the Magic Mirror and several like those. So, I mean, I've seen a lot, but obviously also missed a lot, so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

I would recommend shows like Death Note, Ouran High-school Host Club, Mushi-shi and Bleach. If you enjoyed the original Fullmetal Alchemist series, then I recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is based on the manga. Also Trigun and Soul Eater are recommended for trying something different.

• Like 1

I would recommend shows like Death Note, Ouran High-school Host Club, Mushi-shi and Bleach. If you enjoyed the original Fullmetal Alchemist series, then I recommend Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is based on the manga. Also Trigun and Soul Eater are recommended for trying something different.

I have literally seen all of those, but they are nice suggestions to be sure. I probably didn't do a good job of making it clear, so that's on me, but any anime that got popular on the level of most of these shows you suggested, I've either seen or decided I didn't like, such the aforementioned Re: Zero or Yuri on Ice.

Edited by Guest
  • Friendly 1

I have literally seen all of those, but they are nice suggestions to be sure. I probably didn't do a good job of making it clear, so that's one me, but any anime that got popular on the level of most of these shows you suggested, I've ever seen or decided I didn't like, such the aforementioned Re: Zero or Yuri on Ice.

Then I could recommend shows like xxxHOLIC, Jyu-Oh-Sei and Darker than Black.

Then I could recommend shows like xxxHOLIC, Jyu-Oh-Sei and Darker than Black.

if you watch darker than black id suggest you watch the second series ova's before the second series , in my opinion it helps you understand the second series , rather than put it in to perspective after

• Like 1

I just finished Erased, and I've got to wonder where the hype for that show is in the general anime community. I feel like people went so crazy over Yuri and Re: Zero that this one wasn't talked about nearly enough. Seriously, I think a couple of the anime youtubers I watch, namely Misty Cornexia and Akidearest mentioned it, and then nothing meanwhile they have whole videos dedicated to things like Yuri on Ice and Re: Zero. People's hype was placed wrongly there, because Erased is one of the best anime's I have ever seen, even though I don't tend to like anime with a crime thriller theme as much as others.

• Like 1

I just finished Erased, and I've got to wonder where the hype for that show is in the general anime community.

I agree. Like, oh my God do I agree.

The characters are realistic, well written, and legitimately intelligent. The story is immaculate, touching, and down to Earth in a way that a lot of anime completely fail at.

I think it's downright criminal that it gets overlooked so frequently.

... okay, done fangirling.

• Like 1

I agree. Like, oh my God do I agree.

The characters are realistic, well written, and legitimately intelligent. The story is immaculate, touching, and down to Earth in a way that a lot of anime completely fail at.

I think it's downright criminal that it gets overlooked so frequently.

... okay, done fangirling.

No you can fangirl all you want because I'll be right alongside you fanboying. I full heartily agree with everything you said here. The characters are great and the story is incredible. Erased should have been and from here on should be, one of the most liked anime of this decade. It will deserves it.

• Agree 1

* The Twelve Kingdoms - A regular-person-finds-themselves-in-a-fantasy-land show that's actually done right. Utterly amazing.

* Azumanga Daiho - Intensely hilarious highschool comedy.

* Moribitu - Fun action-packed fantasy.

I should have mentioned, but after I give Spice and Wolf a shot, I've pretty much watched all of these as well, save for 12 Kingdoms which I watched about 5 episodes of since you suggested it, and it's okay, but I'm just starting to think that perhaps I don't like anime that start off in our world and end up in a fantasy one. I usually give an anime of that length 5 episodes before I make my choice, and I don't think I want to finish it. Thank you you for the rest of the suggestions though, you reminded me of anime that I had kind of forgotten about like Another and gave me something great to watch with Erased.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I should have mentioned, but after I give Spice and Wolf a shot, I've pretty much watched all of these as well, save for 12 Kingdoms which I watched about 5 episodes of since you suggested it, and it's okay, but I'm just starting to think that perhaps I don't like anime that start off in our world and end up in a fantasy one. I usually give an anime of that length 5 episodes before I make my choice, and I don't think I want to finish it. Thank you you for the rest of the suggestions though, you reminded me of anime that I had kind of forgotten about like Another and gave me something great to watch with Erased.

Aye, as much as I personally adore it I will readily admit that Twelve Kingdoms definitely isn't for everyone - the initial arc in particular can be a bit of a drag to get through. With that said, I'm happy to have been of service - especially with regards to Erased, which is very close to my heart and near the top of my favorites list.

• Geano locked this topic