Koi To Uso - Episode 1 Discussion

Spoilers ahead (obviously) but if you haven't watched it, you should watch it, and then come back to this thread.

Wow! What a first episode! First off, I am in love with the opening. Very catchy stuff.

zu8pxRw.png.84d4ed61750b7e7b1a0cba0bc8560a96.png

It definitely started off slow. I had the totally wrong impression of the MC at first. He seems quite shy (which I guess he really is), but ultimately at the end of the day he showed another side to himself later on. But what really surprised me was Misaki's answer to Yuusuke's confession.

I haven't read the source material but initial impressions from the little bit of Lilina that we did see here... Idk I feel like she is going to be a character that we hate at first but eventually becomes a tsundere all too typical for this genre... or any genre... Would be nice to see the trope deconstructed here.

Really early on but so far I optimistically give it 4/5 stars... I liked it. Time will tell how it stacks up to other romance anime, and also to the other anime airing this season. What did you guys think?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

I enjoyed it, the problem with it is, is that I feel like it's already possible to guess at the ending, because the MC is either going to end up falling love with the person who was selected for him and keep the system in tact, or he's not and it's gonna break down, or something will happen where he ends with neither of them and the system either stay intact or still breaks down. I suppose a possible 5th and 6th ending would be that someone who wasn't in the trailer will also end up in the MC's life and and there will be another will they/won't they going on, but that just seems needlessly convoluted. Overall, the show might be enjoyable, but it's also a bit too cliche, so here's hoping it breaks some boundaries and really uses it's setting to turn out something unique, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

As for the first episode setting up what will happen for the rest of the series, I give it 3.5/5. It would have been higher if I just went off of emotions and all that we're expected to, but it just felt so familiar, and not in the way that I wanted it to, that I can't give it any better than that.

• Geano locked this topic