Let's Talk About Shoes!

Cy~

I'm making a shoe topic, because, well, I couldn't find one, and I wanted to indoctrinate you all share my own particular fascination with footwear. When it comes to shoes, I have totally exquisite tastes and I basically prefer to sate my desire for perfection and eloquence with... Actually, that's all a total lie. I wear Converse. That's my shoe*. <3

[spoiler=Behold the current shoe pile!]

59e21770d31c1_2017-05-2719_41_54.thumb.jpg.d5aac4febfb2ab0abebd76d58d0b8b49.jpg

I even convinced my spouse to join me in the converse craze. Like, all I do is where sneakers. All the time. All the same brand. And, that's okay! They come in all manner of colors and in a few different styles as well! You can even customize them however you want to. The only thing that I don't like about my shoes is that they don't seem to last forever. I walk a lot and I pace while I talk or think. The end result is my shoes get KILLED.

* No seriously, I even wear these things to places where it's RISKY to do so. I was at work, and my boss was like, "I am taking you to meet this super important person in this extremely important meeting. NO CONVERSE! OKAY!? Dress like a lady. :meh:" Sooo, the next day, I showed up wearing the black Converse on the far right in that pic. He's all like, "Thank goodness, I'm so happy you actually listened and didn't wear those damned sneakers". I was all like, "Yah, see, I can be formal too!" :naughty:

*ahem*

So, anyway, what are your favorite shoes? Do you have a particular brand that you like? Favorite styles? :)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2
  • Friendly 1

Oh oh oh! I love shoes~

When I go back to my parents house, I'll be sure to take pictures of my shoes. I don't have many, but I love them <3

One pair I can actually find a stock photo off. And they're like my favourite pair of shoes ever. Adidas Space Divers

ad33741w.jpg.839463e6ed43518568090da1102c0bde.jpg

I've got a variety of boots and boots with heels and other stuff. I will show my faves when I can ❤️

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1

I've got a variety of boots and boots with heels and other stuff. I will show my faves when I can ❤️

Omg, I totally love those shoes in the pic, hahaha. (o^.^o) They *almost* tempt me away from my converse craze. xD

Also, I've always wanted to try Converse! I think they'd look really cute with skinny jeans ^-^

I can promise that they do! That's typically how I wear them, actually. :angel:

• Agree 1
  • Friendly 1

Omg, I totally love those shoes in the pic, hahaha. (o^.^o) They *almost* tempt me away from my converse craze. xD

I can promise that they do! That's typically how I wear them, actually. :angel:

I only just started wearing skinny jeans in the last few months. I love love loooooooooooove them <3

You can wear so many shoes with them <3

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I never really cared all about sneakers but lately I have been looking at them since mine are getting old so I would like suggestions on some I should get!

cy~ why do you say spouse? For me it kinda stood out...but thats just me you don't have to answer..

• Like 2

I never really cared all about sneakers but lately I have been looking at them since mine are getting old so I would like suggestions on some I should get!

cy~ why do you say spouse? For me it kinda stood out...but thats just me you don't have to answer..

@zoop and @Cy~ sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

• Winner 1
  • Funny 1

Well, I mean, there are a LOT of good brands for sneakers. However, I strongly suggest that you get something that is a wonderful shade of green. :angel:

Hahaha, it's because I'm married!

• Like 3

Omg <3 <3 The journey of a million miles starts with a step by a fabulous shoe. :crazy: I've always loved shoesssss <3

[spoiler=The Shoe Collection of 2016]LSHYSKh_d.jpg.35fdb4eaedf6e5262d80bb740bc9c35c.jpg

Some of them are actually found from garage sales. :P But the shoes I really love as of now and I've grown a fetish for are Topsiders <3 <3 :crazy:

[spoiler=My Sperry Topsider <3]lz3RGrP.thumb.jpg.31c4aef38ba36f07d03a2816a8d726eb.jpg

• Friendly 2

Omg 3 3 The journey of a million miles starts with a step by a fabulous shoe. :crazy: I've always loved shoesssss 3

Okays, your collection is completely fab~ <3 (In particular, I really, really like the blue flats with the flower on the tip. And (no surprise), all the sneakers, hahaha).

Some of them are actually found from garage sales. :P But the shoes I really love as of now and I've grown a fetish for are Topsiders 3 3 :crazy:

Topsiders? I have never heard of these! :o Are they comfy? They reeeaaallly look comfy. :)

• Like 2

Topsiders? I have never heard of these! :o Are they comfy? They reeeaaallly look comfy. :)

I got blisters with the topsider I showed during my first use of it. But my other topsider is very comfy. :) It actually depends on the shoe actually. But I just love the fact that it is leather <3

Okays, your collection is completely fab~ <3 (In particular, I really, really like the blue flats with the flower on the tip. And (no surprise), all the sneakers, hahaha).

Thank you <3 I love sneakers as well! <3

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

I totally forgot I actually have a picture of my favourite pair of shoes! The original pic is full body, but I just focused on the shoes for this post. But first some backstory as to why I have a pic like this!

At the beginning of April, my mum and I threw a surprise party for my stepdad's 50th birthday. We invited a whole bunch of people and went the extra mile to rent a hall. Whenever we do parties, we make all our own food, instead of getting catering or just throwing out a bunch of snacks (we do throw out snacks as well though). So, of course, for the surprise party we made all the food as usual. We had use of the hall's industrial kitchen (which is nothing new for either of us, we've both worked in industrial kitchens before and my mum still does). It's a party though, so you dress up a bit for a party, right? Right.

Anyway, at some point mum realised she had been working in the kitchen the entire time wearing *gasp* sandals. We had to get a picture because otherwise no one would ever believe it had actually happened, because my mum is a safety rep for a kitchen and generally does things very safe. Sandals are a definite no-no in an industrial kitchen.

So I'm taking the picture and as I'm about to take her picture she points and says, "Courtney-Dawn! Never mind my shoes in this kitchen, look at yours!" at which point we realised I had been working in the kitchen the entire time in heels. I took mum's picture and she took mine, to mark our glorious adventure into kitchen rebellion!

iCTuUt0.thumb.jpg.1fd8c71e9aef29bb57c2e486c7b75e33.jpg

P.S. yes, my first name is Courtney-Dawn, it's hyphenated and no I absolutely do not have a middle name and don't you dare try to say that Dawn is sort of my middle name because it isn't, at all. It's part of my first name.

P.P.S. to add to the whole kitchen rebellion thing, in the full picture I am also holding a glass of wine, which I was drinking while working in the kitchen

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 2

• 3 weeks later...
These are probably the best shoes of all time! INJUSTICE Black Adam know's his shoes! 3 So jealous!

So like, that may be true, but those shoes aren't real, and this is *actually* a topic for real shoes because we can wear those and they're nice.

Got any sneakers that you like?

I wear tons of sneakers mostly Nike and Adidas makes, These are the current one's have am wearing

I really like the green trim on those shoes, tbh - I have a weird question. Do they glow in the dark? xD

• Like 2

So like, that may be true, but those shoes aren't real, and this is *actually* a topic for real shoes because we can wear those and they're nice.

Got any sneakers that you like?

I really like the green trim on those shoes, tbh - I have a weird question. Do they glow in the dark? xD

I wouldn't say they glow in the dark but you can see it slightly

• Like 1

[spoiler=Behold the current shoe pile!] 31452-862a33cda3121203c8812832e3ec24ea.jpg.4e8a917f752eb1353bb5b910326e93fa.jpg

Okay, so time to talk seriously about shoe durability.

Do you know what kills shoes fast? Hiking. Hiking kills shoes fast, especially if you're flatfooted like me. This is why people usually recommend that you use sturdy tennis shoes or some kind of hiking boots.

Well, I'm a rebel, so I don't use any of the above. Instead, I've done all of my hiking in Converse high tops. Before you mock me, can I just say that I actually struggle with more "serious" shoes. I'm flatfooted and I have permanent tendinitis throughout my body. Normal shoes are annoying for me.

When I started hiking, my high tops started dying. They've been dying every fucking day since then until I discovered... WEATHERIZED CONVERSE HIGH TOPS. The weird looking things in the top left of the shoe pile in my original post? They're water proof, durable Converse.

I have taken them on a half-dozen or so hikes at this point, and I have to say that they've been awesome. They're still in fantastic condition, and I expect them to last quite a while longer. I'm so happy! :D

• Winner 2

• 2 weeks later...