LGBT Anime Suggestions?

IntoMyWorld

Does anyone have any suggestions for Anime that Depict LGBT characters and Relationships realistically. All the anime I've seen plays into stereotype's and I'm sick of seeing us... Turned into a fetish or a side gag for everyone to laugh at. So....anyone know of some good ones?

• Agree 3

Hahaha, I hope you have better luck on finding one of these than I did. Offhand, the only thing that I can think of, other than what Orius mentioned, is Revolutionary Girl Utena. I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard that it's good stuff (though not a direct look at LGBT themes).

Hourou Musuko, period. It's THE LGBT anime.

It's not a bad show, at all, but it is a bit sad, really, that this is LITERALLY "The LGBT" anime. I can't think of any others that tackled the subject in a serious fashion at all.

Well, sort of. It's more into cross-dressing (with children) than it is into homosexuality.

Mmmm... It touches on transgender and homosexual issues. I'd say that it's pretty on point to call it LGBT.

With that said, I couldn't watch it. It was a kind of dramatically sadfaced anime, tbh. I guess that's just the reality sometimes, though.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hahaha, I hope you have better luck on finding one of these than I did. Offhand, the only thing that I can think of, other than what Orius mentioned, is Revolutionary Girl Utena. I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard that it's good stuff (though not a direct look at LGBT themes).

so that's what I was watching gez I totally missed the plot on that one then as ive watched Revolutionary Girl Utena (well most of it) and never even realised

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic