Longest gaming vs match you have ever completed?

SAO LILDOOP

So, we all play video-games right? What has been the longest match you have ever completed in any game? It can be an online match or offline.

I don't know the exact time of the match but I know for a fact it was over or nearly 3 hours. Me and my brother played Lord of the rings conquest instant action in the shire capture the ring. I set the ring capture amount you had to get to win to 15. Was an epic battle, I beat him 15 to 7, I had 330 kills and 188 deaths and he had like 270 kills and 282 deaths? Cant remember his score completely but it was a great match and very fun. First time I have ever completely played through a 15 ring captures conquest game. We played so long that all the effects broke, the fire moves no longer had flames, the fire balls the mages shot were just small white lights that dissapeared on impact and archers shot snowballs it looked like, lol.

I have been in some other very long matches in games but usually they have time limits so you cant go too long. :(

What game and what kind of match took you the longest to complete?

• Like 1

Well I played this naruto-arena game and it is kinda strategy based and if the conditions are right you can pretty much never lose until your luck runs out, so my longest match took around 3 hours until the guy finally gave up.

• Like 1

Longest gaming vs match? Oh my god. HAHAHA. 8 hours. 8 HOURS.

Does anyone here remember Age of Empires II?

I had just picked up a copy of the latest expansion to the game and I was thoroughly enjoying myself by playing through the Aztec campaign. Okay, I was like really enjoying myself a little too much, since for a while, it was the only thing that I talked about.

So, I had this friend that considered himself to be a god tier AoE II player, and he was sick of my shit. So, to show me how terrible the Aztecs really were, he was going to teach me a lesson.

The rules were simple, I would play as the Aztecs, I would pick the empire that he would play as, and we would play until one of us won. He didn't give a fuck what I picked. He just wanted to prove his point - that I was a weak player with a bad choice of empire.

We started the game in the morning on a Saturday. He had to be somewhere at noon, but he was pretty fucking sure that he'd beat me within just an hour. Well, when I told him that he could play as whatever he wanted, he revised that to a half hour.

He chose to play as the French. I'm guessing that no one here has played AoE II, so I'll just say that the French were a top tier pick for this game. They had heavy cavalry, could build impressive Imperial era stuff, and were really the natural counter for Aztecs.

This guy was so sure that he was going to kick my ass; he actually called over a bunch of friends to watch. (Before the match, I had trash talked so much that I think he was a human volcano.)

Well, the match started, and we went at it!

Only we didn't.

I immediately created three false bases and started strip mining the entire map. He found just one of them and started harassing it in the early game. I ignored him, poured everything I had into researching economy stuff and stockpiling gold.

When he went to the Castle age, I made my move. I switched all of my builders from mining to wall building. I built mazes. I built squares. I built circles. I built and built and built, and I mined and mined and mined.

Yes. I turtled the FUCK out of that map. About 40 minutes into the game, his maxed out knights left their castle and set out to destroy me. They immediately hit a wall. And another. And another.

As I gained more resources, I built more walls. As he took them down, I went back and rebuilt upgraded versions. Now, I started building castles as well. If you're keeping track of things, then you may have noticed - I didn't have a single military unit by the time we reached the late era. HAHAHAA. HAHAHAHAAH.

At this point, he regrouped and the frustration began. He tried siege. Too bad, so sad. I had built an army of scouts to run around the field at breakneck speed. I had them split into small groups and I was micromanaging the hell out of them.

I kept building castles. He kept trying to keep his super expensive units from being harassed to death. He tried more siege. I built more scouts. The game went on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Hahahaha.

We didn't even pause the game for breaks. Instead, we just queued up commands during trips to the bathroom. Anyways. We were 8 hours into the game and it was clear that, even if he won, it would probably take another 20 hours to play out.

So, he called me, and after swearing a lot, gave up. Though, he said that he didn't really give up, because he really could beat me if we just kept going. This was back when I was really mature, so I replied with some form of, "You just got whipped, you fucking n0000000b!"

We didn't speak for a month, after that :?, which was a pity because he was kinda cute when he LOST. :)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 1

Jeez Louise RepentantSky I feel like we're almost twins. At least in our love for .hack. My longest spent time on a game was one of the original .hack games, I think it was .hack//MUTATION or //OUTBREAK where I played for about 24~30 (maybe more?) straight and beat that part of the game. I just remember the weekend I bought it (pretty sure in the summer because there was no way in heck my parents would let me stay up that long otherwise) I stayed up playing it until I got to the end of its story.

I was obsessed with the character Elk at the time (and I was also obsessed with Tsukasa and they had a similar character skin) so the game he was most prominent in was the one I spend endless hours playing in a row. For the longest time //QUARANTINE was my longest clocked game because I loved adventuring around with Elk and Tsukasa.

• Like 3