Looking for a good Anime ...

ItsSammy

I've just recently gotten into watching Anime and so far I've seen Attack On Titan, Death Note, and Sword Art Online; I'd also seen a rather cool Anime a few years back before I really new what it was but it was about Vampires. -Sorry, I can't remember the name ... It got canceled before it ended.-

I've put some Anime shows on my Netflix to-be-watched list such as Ajin, Blue Exorcist, Gurren Lagann, Gunslinger Girl, and I'm planning on watching Psycho Pass if I can find it on another site ... I was wondering if there are any other good Anime's I should know about that fall into the horror, action, thriller, or mystery genres? I would also be willing to watch about any genre of Anime but those are my favorite kinds, feel free to recommend any Anime you found interesting and I will check it out.

Thank you.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

I'd also seen a rather cool Anime a few years back before I really new what it was but it was about Vampires. -Sorry, I can't remember the name ... It got canceled before it ended.-

I think your referring to Trinity blood. (Lol, quote messed up)

Edited by Guest
  • Informative 1

I recommend:

Celestial Method

Clannad and Clannad After Story

Expelled From Paradise (movie)

Flying Witch

GOSICK

Kanon

Little Busters! and Little Busters!: Refrain

Plastic Memories

Steins;Gate

Toradora!

Your Lie in April

• Friendly 1

I recommend:

Celestial Method

Flying Witch

GOSICK

Kanon

Plastic Memories

Steins;Gate

Toradora!

Your Lie in April

are you trying to make her cry?

you emotion nazi

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

I've put some Anime shows on my Netflix to-be-watched list such as Ajin, Blue Exorcist, Gurren Lagann, Gunslinger Girl, and I'm planning on watching Psycho Pass if I can find it on another site ... I was wondering if there are any other good Anime's I should know about that fall into the horror, action, thriller, or mystery genres?

Some nice titles in your Netflix queue list (PSYCHO-PASS is one of favourites) and @Ryuji has made some nice suggestions above. :)

Other nice action/Sci-Fi/Mecha ones I'd also highly recommend are:

• Macross Frontier
  • Guilty Crown
  • Code Geass

And for thrillers:

• Terror in Resonance
  • AJIN

(Lol, quote messed up)

Fixed. :)

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Some nice titles in your Netflix queue list (PSYCHO-PASS is one of favourites) and @Ryuji has made some nice suggestions above. :)

• Macross Frontier
  • Guilty Crown
  • Code Geass

And for thrillers:

• Terror in Resonance
  • AJIN

Fixed. :)

Thanks, I'll make sure to read about them.

What type of stuff do you like?

Horror, thriller, mystery, pretty much anything thought provoking.

I recommend:

Celestial Method

Flying Witch

GOSICK

Kanon

Plastic Memories

Steins;Gate

Toradora!

Your Lie in April

I've heard a lot about Your Lie In April but haven't yet seen it ... I'm pretty sure that's on Netflix so I'll probably watch that, I'll also look up the others.

Thanks.

are you trying to make her cry?

you emotion nazi

I like when Anime really pulls you in so much that it makes you feel the emotions, I'll probably make sure to watch at least some sad Animes.

• Macross Frontier
  • Guilty Crown
  • Code Geass

And for thrillers:

• Terror in Resonance
  • AJIN

•  

Code Geass has been recommended to me before and highly praised so I'll make sure to see that some time, I've also got Ajin on my to-watch list 'cause it looks interesting, I'll look up the other ones too.
    Thanks. :)

I think your referring to Trinity blood. (Lol, quote messed up)

Yes, thank you. I was planning on looking that up just to see if it ever got re-booted or finished but I'd forgotten the name.

Edit: Just looked it up and it seems Season 1 was completed, I'm not sure if they made a season 2 or if there was supposed to be one ... It says the creator and writer of the Mangas died after finishing the first season so it might have just ended, although people say it did end well and not on a cliff hanger.

Edited by Guest
  • Winner 1

Okay horror, mystery, thrillers/thought provoking. in order of my experience with them (my favorite genre so ive seen alot)

Erased (god tier mystery anime)

Another(One of my top 10 anime of all time)

Steins;Gate (To hard to describe) (really good)

Re:Zero(Very good)

Mirai Nikki (very good psychological thriller) (you think you know what will happen, think again)

Gakkou Gurashi! / School Live! (dont be fooled by the first impression)

Mayoiga (made by the same people who did Another)

Zankyou no Terror (very interesting and thought provoking beautiful animation)

Rokka no Yuusha(mystery/action)

• Like 1

Okay horror, mystery, thrillers/thought provoking. in order of my experience with them (my favorite genre so ive seen alot)

Erased (god tier mystery anime)

Another(One of my top 10 anime of all time)

Steins;Gate (To hard to describe) (really good)

Re:Zero(Very good)

Mirai Nikki (very good psychological thriller) (you think you know what will happen, think again)

Gakkou Gurashi! / School Live! (dont be fooled by the first impression)

Mayoiga (made by the same people who did Another)

Zankyou no Terror (very interesting and thought provoking beautiful animation)

Rokka no Yuusha(mystery/action)

I've heard good things about a lot of these Anime's, I plan on watching them very soon.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I've just recently gotten into watching Anime and so far I've seen Attack On Titan, Death Note, and Sword Art Online; I'd also seen a rather cool Anime a few years back before I really new what it was but it was about Vampires. -Sorry, I can't remember the name ... It got canceled before it ended.-

I've put some Anime shows on my Netflix to-be-watched list such as Ajin, Blue Exorcist, Gurren Lagann, Gunslinger Girl, and I'm planning on watching Psycho Pass if I can find it on another site ... I was wondering if there are any other good Anime's I should know about that fall into the horror, action, thriller, or mystery genres? I would also be willing to watch about any genre of Anime but those are my favorite kinds, feel free to recommend any Anime you found interesting and I will check it out.

Thank you.

Hi.

I recommend that you watch the original Fullmetal Alchemist series.

Best Wishes

Daniel.

• Funny 1

Hi.

I recommend that you watch the original Fullmetal Alchemist series.

Best Wishes

Daniel.

I've heard a lot of good things about that Anime and I do hope to watch that soon, thanks. ^_^

• Agree 1

Almost everyone goes through the stage of being interested in horror/mystery/suspense anime, but dude there's way more to it than that. If you want a nice little horror stuff, you're not gonna get it. Unless you believe gore=horror. There are no legit scary anime, only ones filled with blood, though I'd still recommend Tokyo Ghoul. Trust me though, the good anime are usually the long ass adventure/action ones, those are the time you wanna get immersed into. Sure it seems more appealing to be immersed in a more realistic and serious anime, but you're gonna have the most fun with anime like one piece or naruto. The vampire anime you were talking about might have been Hellsing, since the original one got canceled (manga wasn't complete). i personally can't stand it, i despise it but i guess it's just not my cup of tea.

If you're looking for a slightly shorter anime then I suggest Samurai Champloo. It was the second anime i watched and was definitely the reason i got into anime. It's samurai/action/adventure, and it's a good time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

hmm i'll try not to suggest ones that people haven't already said here goes...

after looking through my list quickly these are some i would suggest ^_^

akame ga kill!

aldnoah.zero s1 s2

ansatsu kyoushitsu

arslan senki s1 s2

charlotte

Fate/stay and fate/zero theirs like 4 seasons high budget lots of action

full metal alchemist brotherhood, like one of the highest reated anime

Hai to gensou no grimgar-- simillar concept to SAO

Haikyuu!! sports its really good

Hajime no ippo s1-3 sports (boxing) loved this anime

Hunter X hunter--lots of eps but worth it.

kuroko no basket s1-3

log horizon s1 s2- also similar to SAO

No game No Life

nanatsu no taizai

one punch man- has big hype

if you need more go here

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kenpachi15

• Agree 1
  • Winner 1

• Geano locked this topic