Looking For Some Horror Manga

GeneralOtter

I think I might be posting more supernatural suggestions rather than horror, but here goes:

• Ghost Hunt (Shiho Inada): if the manga is anything like the anime, I recommend it, some arc are pretty chilling - actually, appears it's based on a light novel series by Fuyumi Ono;
  • xxxHOLiC (CLAMP): probably further into supernatural rather than horror, but some of the events have chilling consequences - links in with sister series Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE!

Both series are available through Random House, most of them under Del Rey print (Tanoshimi in the UK), but some of them will be under Kodansha USA, or xxxHOLiC anyway, I don't know if Kodansha continued to licence Ghost Hunt, or if it was deemed finished; I've got one site telling me it finished, whilst another saying it's on-going!

The front covers for Ghost Hunt are very shoujo, but then it's a shoujo series, apparently!

• Agree 1

I think I might be posting more supernatural suggestions rather than horror, but here goes:

• Ghost Hunt (Shiho Inada): if the manga is anything like the anime, I recommend it, some arc are pretty chilling - actually, appears it's based on a light novel series by Fuyumi Ono;
  • xxxHOLiC (CLAMP): probably further into supernatural rather than horror, but some of the events have chilling consequences - links in with sister series Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE!

Both series are available through Random House, most of them under Del Rey print (Tanoshimi in the UK), but some of them will be under Kodansha USA, or xxxHOLiC anyway, I don't know if Kodansha continued to licence Ghost Hunt, or if it was deemed finished; I've got one site telling me it finished, whilst another saying it's on-going!

The front covers for Ghost Hunt are very shoujo, but then it's a shoujo series, apparently!

I saw the Ghost Hunt anime and it was really good so I think I may try that out. Also I read the first volume of xxxHOLIC and it wasn't really what I am looking for in a horror manga.

I saw the Ghost Hunt anime and it was really good so I think I may try that out. Also I read the first volume of xxxHOLIC and it wasn't really what I am looking for in a horror manga.

No problem, as I said, when thinking about it, my suggestions were a bit more supernatural, also horror's not really my forte :D!

11 Eyes (Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shoujo) or Trinity Blood, perhaps? That said, there isn't a horror tag on either of them, one features (a) suicide, 11 Eyes, the other features vampires, Trinity Blood!

No problem, as I said, when thinking about it, my suggestions were a bit more supernatural, also horror's not really my forte :D!

11 Eyes (Tsumi to Batsu to Aganai no Shoujo) or Trinity Blood, perhaps? That said, there isn't a horror tag on either of them, one features (a) suicide, 11 Eyes, the other features vampires, Trinity Blood!

11 eyes doesn't really fit what I am looking for. Trinity Blood sounds interesting though but the shoujo and comedy tags with it are leading me against it though.

Possibly a bit of a dumb question, but you've read the manga to the anime suggested in the Looking for Good Horror Anime by Yuuki_Radosian?

Well, without checking, I'm sure a couple of those have manga that they're either inspired from, or inspire!

At somepoint, I'll make another post, I just got a little sidetracked when looking into manga on MangaUpdates, so just need to sort through them at some point - came across some that have the "Supernatural" tag, rather than "Horror" tag, assume you're not interested in those?

Possibly a bit of a dumb question, but you've read the manga to the anime suggested in the Looking for Good Horror Anime by Yuuki_Radosian?

Well, without checking, I'm sure a couple of those have manga that they're either inspired from, or inspire!

At somepoint, I'll make another post, I just got a little sidetracked when looking into manga on MangaUpdates, so just need to sort through them at some point - came across some that have the "Supernatural" tag, rather than "Horror" tag, assume you're not interested in those?

I have seen all those naime in that thread. Also I an avoiding the supernatural tag because I have read those types of manga and I don't find them very scary.

I read Uzumaki but I didn't really enjoy it that much. I was thinking or reading Gyo, is that manga any good?

I haven't read Gyo myself, but it seems people who have rate it highly enough. I think there's an anime of it too if you want to check that out as well...just to see if you like it.

I haven't read Gyo myself, but it seems people who have rate it highly enough. I think there's an anime of it too if you want to check that out as well...just to see if you like it.

I read the manga and it was (in my opinion) a bit boring and more focused on creating bizarre situations than actual horror.

Right, not sure if these were all the suggestions I was going to make, but here are a couple, and a follow up on one of my suggestions!

Yeah, Trinity Blood is kinda like a vampire version of Trigun, or at least where the anime are concerned! The light novels (Reborn on Mars and Rage Against the Moons) don't appear to be comedies, or shoujo, although they have a romance tag!

You might be able to hunt down out-of-print TokyoPop copies on the net - not sure if I should really say that, because that's something I need to do too ;)!

Ok, so you're after scary, ok, that rules out Black Blood Brothers, Soul Eater (and Not!), D. Gray-man (and Reverse), Dance in the the Vampire Bund (or its spin-offs/sequels), Tokyo Babylon and X/1999, Ghost Hound: Another Side or Blood Lad (and Brat)! So here's what's left:

Just looking at the other ATLUS manga, such as Persona 3, Devil Survivor 2 - Show Your Free Will, Shin Megami Tensei IV - Demonic Gene, etc., but they all seem to be Supernatural rather than Horror!

As I've said, I don't think that was all I was going to suggest, however these suggestions were more organised than most, I probably was in the process of compiling thoughts when mangaupdates got a hold on me, and I overdosing on various manga (and light novel) titles!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...